• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TheExodu5 said:
I really do want to play this...I just couldn't get passed some of the frustrations in the beta.
My main issues:

1) Ridiculous interface lag. This is issue #1 by far.
According to early impressions, it's better, although it may just be because there's hardly anyone else online now.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?gam...1074&page=1&howmany=50#msg1285118071145483393

Massive improvement to interface lag which now seems to be client side rather than server side (as many predicted).

Teknoman

Hardware mouse cursor is already in (config screen).

Is the XIV title screen different from beta?

EDIT: Aw man. I was hoping for some sort of loop like XI.

careksims

Zomba13 said:
They've nerfed the opening fight, they give normal mob skill and no phys exp now :(

Aww! Why did someone have to complain about that before?!

Keep the impressions coming! Need to know what else has been changed.

DrDogg

I'm thinking about going up to my local Game Stop in about an hour and just telling them I got the call to come pick my copy up. :lol

TheExodu5 said:
I really do want to play this...I just couldn't get passed some of the frustrations in the beta.
My main issues:

1) Ridiculous interface lag. This is issue #1 by far.
2) Poor interface. Not intuitive whatsoever.
3) Poor performance.
4) No hardware mouse without patch
5) Even with hardware mouse and high framerate, camera is extremely stuttery and makes it feel like the game is running in the teens
6) Crashes while alt-tabbing. This is nearly unforgiveable for an MMO. Running in windowed mode cuts performance by a good 25%, which makes that option quite unattractive.

I loved the design of the world, the music, the characters. Hopefully the game reaches a polished state in the future.

1) Should be fixed for retail
2) Eh, hopefully fixed over time
3) Should be better for retail
4) Already in
5) Didn't notice this, but I don't like how zoomed in the camera is
6) Yea, they need to work on this.

Zomba13

Ah, you now get 3000 exp (phys exp) after the intro.

Also it was my first time seeing the Gridania opening and it was awesome.

I'm also rocking my gloves and onion helm. I like that the feathers jiggle. More hats need to jiggle.

Zomba13 said:
Ah, you now get 3000 exp (phys exp) after the intro.

Also it was my first time seeing the Gridania opening and it was awesome.

I'm also rocking my gloves and onion helm. I like that the feathers jiggle. More hats need to jiggle.

Do they just appear?

Can you give us some feedback on the gloves?

Soroc

DrDogg said:
I'm thinking about going up to my local Game Stop in about an hour and just telling them I got the call to come pick my copy up. :lol

I was shit out of luck dogg :( Told ya! :lol

I got there and the dude I talked to on the phone went in the back and was about to ring it up and then another dude working there that saw the transaction stopped him at the last minute and said he couldn't break the street date.

So I just finished paying it off and will pick up tomorrow morning and wait till I get home tomorrow nite to play...

jiggle

i have a question about gamestop preorder, hope someone can help

so i preordered FFXIV CE at gamestop for $10
the card i used for that has since expired and cut up
when i go tomorrow to pick up the game and paying with a dif card
is my receipt enough for the proof of pre-order?

Zomba13 said:
They've nerfed the opening fight, they give normal mob skill and no phys exp now :(

awwwwwww :(

so xp is gone
but we can still exploit sp right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:
i have a question about gamestop preorder, hope someone can help

so i preordered FFXIV CE at gamestop for $10
the card i used for that has since expired and cut up
when i go tomorrow to pick up the game and paying with a dif card
is my receipt enough for the proof of pre-order?

Usually they just ask for a phone number or ID.

Zomba13

The bonus goodies are just in your inventory as soon as you make the character. The helm gives 9 hp, mp and 13 ele resistance with a 3% dmg cut to slashing and blunt and a 2% to piercing.
The gloves give a 1% cut in earth damage and 1 output and control and 17 ele resistance.

Hardware mouse is fantastic. Gets rid of any mouse problems. I'll try crafting either later or tomorrow.

jiggle said:
so xp is gone
but we can still exploit sp right?
Nah. I mean you could but you'd just be farming 3 level 1 mobs that give the occasional 25+ skill and no phys. You get the phys in a big lump at the end of he intro so if you force d/c you'll end up in the area where you talk to the guy to take you to the adventurer's guild.

Zomba13 said:
The bonus goodies are just in your inventory as soon as you make the character. The helm gives 9 hp, mp and 13 ele resistance with a 3% dmg cut to slashing and blunt and a 2% to piercing.
The gloves give a 1% cut in earth damage and 1 output and control and 17 ele resistance.

Hardware mouse is fantastic. Gets rid of any mouse problems. I'll try crafting either later or tomorrow.

So the gloves are a permanent increase to effectiveness?

JudgeN

Zomba13 said:

Nah. I mean you could but you'd just be farming 3 level 1 mobs that give the occasional 25+ skill and no phys. You get the phys in a big lump at the end of he intro so if you force d/c you'll end up in the area where you talk to the guy to take you to the adventurer's guild.

Did they add a "sort" inventory? Please god tell me they did.

careksims

Zomba13 said:
T

Wonderful news :D Secure the beach head when the Main GAF Invasion Force comes in tomorrow

DrDogg

Soroc said:
I was shit out of luck dogg :( Told ya! :lol

I got there and the dude I talked to on the phone went in the back and was about to ring it up and then another dude working there that saw the transaction stopped him at the last minute and said he couldn't break the street date.

So I just finished paying it off and will pick up tomorrow morning and wait till I get home tomorrow nite to play...

I want to wait long enough for the person I talked to this morning to have gone home. Maybe I'll get lucky and get someone who isn't as "knowledgeable" about not selling the game today.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So shall we coordinate some kind of commodity to focus on to produce early?

I figure bronze daggers would be fairly easy for individuals to profit from if they start early since all the ingredients are sold by NPCs.

Anything we can craft/farm together as a group to put on the market early? In beta, sheepskin harnesses and dodoskin harnesses had a huuuuuge profit margin and I have a hunch it'll be the same again. I know I made my first 200,000 reselling sheepskin harnesses.

Any ideas? If you crafters got anything in particular you need, I'll do my best to level quickly and farm it.

DrDogg

Zomba13 said:
Only when you have them on. I don't know what hidden effect they have or if i's doing anything though.

They're supposed to increase the effectiveness of the weapon/tool you're using.

Zomba13

I've got my retainer. Snatches up the name Bestbuy :D

EDIT: Odd, there seems to be no tutorial leves. At least not a Tutorial leve section.

Teknoman

Needs more screenshots.

demosthenes said:
1) Should be fixed for retail
2) Eh, hopefully fixed over time
3) Should be better for retail
4) Already in
5) Didn't notice this, but I don't like how zoomed in the camera is
6) Yea, they need to work on this.

Camera didnt seem that studdery to me moving with analog stick...but maybe thats why. As far as zooming in/out, default is kinda close.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Earlier I said Amazon shipped my CE with UPS and that they always seem to be late or something else happens. I just saw they shipped from Dallas and I leave near Houston so if they mess this one up I'm gonna make sure I never have them deliver to me again. :lol

:p

Zomba13

just had this message:
You have been awarded more than 500 points for the first time on a regional levequest.

500 what points? Achievement points? Exp points? Skill points?

Teknoman

Emenis said:
Earlier I said Amazon shipped my CE with UPS and that they always seem to be late or something else happens. I just saw they shipped from Dallas and I leave near Houston so if they mess this one up I'm gonna make sure I never have them deliver to me again. :lol

:p

Man i'm in Houston and this is what I see from Amazon/ UPS shipped:

LINTHICUM, MD, US 09/21/2010 8:30 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HARRISBURG, PA, US 09/21/2010 6:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/21/2010 4:07 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 09/21/2010 3:33 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

27wu6fq.jpg

Teknoman

Zomba13 said:
just had this message:
You have been awarded more than 500 points for the first time on a regional levequest.

500 what points? Achievement points? Exp points? Skill points?

You know, points.

I dont know either :lol

Zomba13

Salaadin said:
Is it? Confirm Zomba, please :D
Not tried selling anything yet as I have nowt to sell but just scrolling through the bag is a lot smoother.

EDIT: This is disappointing. The first rank 1 hand equip I get from a leve is better than the Asuran Armguards. I expected them to be better than rank 1 crap.

Teknoman said:

27wu6fq.jpg

I can't even see my order on Amazon anymore despite them telling me it has shipped. :lol

Salaadin

Teknoman said:

Weird. Im in PA and my package is coming from Indiana. Youre in TX and yours is coming from PA.

Dont worry though. Itll get there on time.

careksims

Zomba13 said:
Not tried selling anything yet as I have nowt to sell but just scrolling through the bag is a lot smoother.

EDIT: This is disappointing. The first rank 1 hand equip I get from a leve is better than the Asuran Armguards. I expected them to be better than rank 1 crap.

Damn! Good job SE. That's some gloves you got there. Should have just given a tiny Chocobo pet that runs with you or a Moogle.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Teknoman said:

http://i54.tinypic.com/27wu6fq.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

:lol

I dunno, here is mine:

September 21, 2010 07:05:00 PM Dallas/Ft. Worth A/P TX US Shipment received by carrier
September 21, 2010 03:56:58 PM Irving TX US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Maybe they will send it to Memphis before they send it to Houston like they seem to stupidly do sometimes. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom