• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

In.

kermit.gif

burgerdog

I didn't play much of 14 and for some reason I am extremely looking forward to this game. See you guys there on the 25th!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just registered. Anyhow having problems getting into their forums? I've always had problems. Never able to log into their forums ever...

Also realised I had alpha access but missed the email lol... Only saw that registered when i check my account to see if the beta code registered properly.

Munba

Just registered. Anyhow having problems getting into their forums? I've always had problems. Never able to log into their forums ever...

Also realised I had alpha access but missed the email lol... Only saw that registered when i check my account to see if the beta code registered properly.

If you receive an error in japanese, change language and login again.

GringoJB

Got my code last night (Legacy)! Can't believe that it's almost time to get started... very hyped! Hope to catch you all soon...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will cry if I get one...

Scythian

Not to sound like a douche, but isn't even mentioning that you're in beta breaking the NDA? I just read that some guys were revoked beta access for it, just being careful here.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not to sound like a douche, but isn't even mentioning that you're in beta breaking the NDA? I just read that some guys were revoked beta access for it, just being careful here.

This is what is stated.

Confidentiality Obligations
As stated in the “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,” testers are prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test. Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications of the Beta version, technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external sites (including blogs and social media sites).

So as long as none of us mention anything ABOUT the Beta, we should be OK. Saying we are participating isn't breaking that NDA I don't think.

Jinko

Saying you are a legacy member would equate to being in beta, so no I think you are allowed to say you are in beta.

Plus you have to be a GAF member to see this thread. (edit:- or maybe you don't :O)

ebil

While this is technically mentionned in the NDA [edit: as Nicoga3000 said, it's not even mentioned in the email, actually], Yoshida and Foxclon (chief community rep) said on the Alpha forums and confirmed ingame (during Alpha) that it wasn't a big deal if you told your friends you were in, as long as you didn't feel the urge to "prove" it by posting screenshots, videos or mentioning information that would not otherwise be available to non-testers.

Besides, it has been publicly known for a while that all Legacy members are guaranteed Beta access so this isn't like it's a huge secret.

Scythian

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure, some people are saying that it's fine, and some say that, despite allowing it in Alpha, in Beta it's a different story.
I found this in the Beta Tester Agreement:
2.6 Beta Tester’s Confidentiality Obligations
“Confidential Information” shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials supplied to Beta Tester by Company in connection with the Beta Testing, including, without limitation, information relating to the performance, conditions, capabilities, and contents of the Products and Software, methods of reporting and conducting, modification schedule, modification process and its progress in the Beta Testing, AND RECIPIENT’S FEEDBACK, OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS (POSITIVE AND/OR NEGATIVE) REGARDING THE PRODUCT AND THE SOFTWARE, (b) the existence and the terms of this Agreement, (c) the Square Enix ID and password used by Beta Tester, or by any other Beta Tester, (d) THE IDENTITY OF BETA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT BETA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA TEST

Though, I think everyone's going to be fine, as long as we don't say anything about the beta itself. And I suggest the NDA link to be linked to the OP, just in case :)

ebil

The same exact quote was in the Alpha Tester Agreement IIRC (I tend to read that kind of legal stuff very thoroughly), so I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

Though, I think everyone's going to be fine, as long as we don't say anything about the beta itself. And I suggest the NDA link to be linked to the OP, just in case :)

... Yet I agree with that. Better safe than sorry!
although you can be absolutely sure there will be tons of leaks anyway, it happens all the time with betas

Loona

Got my e-mail about this, though I'm not sure how much, if any, time I'll put into checking it out, as i'm going through a bit of a FFXI relapse.

As a beta, I guess it'll be a run with fresh characters instead of the older ones, but i think I read something about this being focused on the renewed Gridania era, so that might be interesting to have a look at.

If regular combat leves are still in, I hope that area doesn't give you low level spears a a reward 2 out of every 3 times like it seemed to before, that got annoying fast.

Mostly looking forward to see how Hildibrand returns, though I doubt this phase is when we'll get such a glimpse.
(*I rode Bahamuth all the way down to Eorzea and all I got was this cracked monocle*)

Loona

Sorry to hear that.

SE has the loveliest timing, preparing for a new FFXI expansion not far from a FFXIV re-release.

I just wanna try to finish WotG before SoA comes along - if SE manages to somehow shoot itself in the foot with XIV again, I guess they'll just have to pamper the XI players again to make up for it like before, and make it easier for me in the process.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure, some people are saying that it's fine, and some say that, despite allowing it in Alpha, in Beta it's a different story.
I found this in the Beta Tester Agreement:

Interesting. I'm surprised it doesn't state that in the email
that I did or didn't get...

Whatever the case, hope it goes well!

Desi

Back in and ready. Sucks my PC collapsed during FFXIV so I didn't get to experience the end of days but here I am new PC and all!

DrDogg

Got my email (Legacy). Not sure how much I'll be playing during phase 1 though. I use a controller and that option isn't available until phase 2. :(

Still need to dig up my FF13 code for the PS3 beta as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom