• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/230605

So the Floating Continent is an open world area and not an instance, interesting.

I wonder what will be the new CT then.

My chocobro will be able to fly! :) :) I say, this is all rather exciting.

As for the difficulty of trials and duties up to Patch 2.55, we've been receiving questions from players asking if it would be possible to make it so you can't fall off during the Titan battle.

Ha ha!!

Item Box

For the new page

"We had a minimum goal of attempting to raid for at least 16 hours a day"

"We asked every member of the group to take one week off from work, school, whatever they were doing"

vzkq30L.png

He should've won the vote.

That's not panzerfaust, but that's fine I guess

Ahoy Team Ian! Please don't ever leave this thread or change your avatar :). You've just reminded me I still need to beat that damn game...

Ha ha, love Ian too much.

Also....im stuck in Gold Saucer, these mini games, the races, the card battles! SOMEONE SEND HELP FOR ME! PLEASE!!!

Aselith

My level 31 miner retainer just mined me up a Craftsman's Competence 4 on a quick exploration I didn't even know they could get stuff that good. He's my best boy!

Grisby

Welp, just bagged my second crystal. Taking down
Ifrit
was neat.

Kind of wish some quests would roll in for my level sooner or later but I guess it's my own fault for being a few levels higher than the main quest line (lvl 23 now). Getting a bit tired of this old cower robe that I feel like I've been wearing since lvl 15 or something. Was hoping to get something better off a quest but everything is slim pickings.

Ah well, just joined my first grand company and I'm hoping to get access to my Chocobo ride tomorrow. Might finally try my hand at a job too.

Music continues to be spectacular. The full victory theme you get at the end of a dungeon is nice.

Conezays

So just got this game to give the trial a go. Is there any way to make the UI/fonts/dialogue bigger than 140 %? Still seems quite small and hard to read for me. Playing on PC and would prefer to play at 1440p, though the dialogue still seemed small for me at 1080p. Any help? Cheers

scy

It's not that bad but it's mostly just general "World First" approaches. A few things tailored to FFXIV but eh.

Granted, I only skipped around and didn't watch it all in one sitting >>

SkyOdin

Is AF2 still available?

I have it on my Monk and would like it for my Ninja when the time comes.

There are items that drop in three dungeons (Sastasha HM, Qarn HM, and Snowcloak) called the Antique Helm, Antique Boots, etc. You can trade the Antique Helm in at the Diamond Forge in Revenant's Toll for any of the ilvl 90 myth head gear, and the same for the rest of the set. It is thus probably the easiest set of dungeon loot to collect in the game. The ilvl 90 jewelry drops in the same set of dungeons.

Ken

It's not that bad but it's mostly just general "World First" approaches. A few things tailored to FFXIV but eh.

Granted, I only skipped around and didn't watch it all in one sitting >>

You didn't set aside a week from life to watch?

glaurung

I was running around Coerthas last night with my level 41 Arcanist and a really nice guy started chatting with me about how I should upgrade my job.

I had no idea I could do that. He also said that the game does not necessarily do a very good job at explaining this stuff, but all in all he gave me the right steps to follow. I have to say, that was one of the nicest experiences I have had in an MMO in a very long time. If more players were like that, we would be living in a better world already.

Anyway, halfway done toward being a Summoner now.

Apoptomon

Isn't that the DNS error?
Not sure. There is another launcher error that throws up a string of numbers in [ ] brackets, but that's not this one. It's been a few hours now, and I've tried ipconfig/flushdns, resetting IE, and restarting the network adapter/computer/modem/router a few times. Being unable to also access twitter suggest that it's probably actually not a problem with FFXIV itself. Still, of all the internet, those two domains? Weird.

Teknoman

Existing limit breaks moved to other jobs too?

I guess Dark Knight gets Omnislash and Paladin will get that wall summon or whatever. What would've really been great is every party member has an individual limit break skill, and party actions as a whole contribute to each meter.

Ken

Existing limit breaks moved to other jobs too?

I guess Dark Knight gets Omnislash and Paladin will get that wall summon or whatever. What would've really been great is every party member has an individual limit break skill, and party actions as a whole contribute to each meter.

Omnislash? I thought all the jobs only get unique LB animations but the type of LB stays the same.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm getting all sorts of connection issues today as well, including launcher not starting, packets dropping, 90k1 and 90k2 and SE web servers being inaccessible for periods of time.

glaurung

I'm getting all sorts of connection issues today as well, including launcher not starting, packets dropping, 90k1 and 90k2 and SE web servers being inaccessible for periods of time.
Those actually started last night. I got booted off Cerberus with no warning whatsoever.

BadRNG

Omnislash? I thought all the jobs only get unique LB animations but the type of LB stays the same.
This is how they last explained it. The AST's is some kind of weird wibbly wobbly timey wimey aoe heal.

It's just the 3rd grade LB too I think, 1/2 remain boring.

Tash

Not sure if they just meant the animation or the actual skill

Additionally, we've had a lot of requests to create unique level 3 limit breaks, and we'll be doing this for each job. However, the existing level 3 limit breaks will be allocated to certain jobs. You’ll be able to catch a glimpse of dragoon’s limit break when we show the Heavensward benchmark off at Niconico Chokaigi 2015.

My guess is they will actually do more with unique skills (and adding the existing ones to some poor jobs that are stuck with the existing ones..)

Ken

My guess is they will actually do more with unique skills

Yeah that's the quote. "There will be new LB animations but we don't want to waste the old ones soooooo to all the PLD/MNK/BLM/WHM, please understand."

New LB for the superior melee.

Teknoman

This is how they last explained it. The AST's is some kind of weird wibbly wobbly timey wimey aoe heal.

It's just the 3rd grade LB too I think, 1/2 remain boring.

My guess is they will actually do more with unique skills (and adding the existing ones to some poor jobs that are stuck with the existing ones..)

It would be great if they were actually unique. I mean, there is nothing wrong with how omnislash, benediction, or the great wall look, but its always been something that bothered me. Of course, with the way limit breaks still work, unique or not...does still suck that you'll probably only see dps limit breaks more often than anything.

Only reason why I think Drk would get Omni moved to it is that it's the only job that uses a 2h sword, so that would mix things up abit I suppose.

On that note:

"We are worried that it would create situations where players would try to rush through everything as soon as possible and force others to skip cutscenes. This would also lead to situations where players would not be allowed to level up and enjoy the new content at their own pace."

Kinda glad they are trying a new way of doing things with Alexander. Of course now that makes me wonder whether or not I want to just drop Paladin and go all in with Dark Knight. Although I guess I might want to enjoy the new content as a new job, and then just bring Paladin up to par later. Damn lol, talk about first world problems.

Tash

Yeah that's the quote. "There will be new LB animations but we don't want to waste the old ones soooooo to all the PLD/MNK/BLM/WHM, please understand."

New LB for the superior melee.

It doesn't explicitly say animations, though? Or did I miss something else.
Also, is the benchmark only to be shown off or actually made available during this weekends Niconico Chokaigi 2015 Event?

Ken

It would be great if they were actually unique. I mean, there is nothing wrong with how omnislash, benediction, or the great wall look, but its always been something that bothered me. Of course, with the way limit breaks still work, unique or not...does still suck that you'll probably only see dps limit breaks more often than anything.

Only reason why I think Drk would get Omni moved to it is that it's the only job that uses a 2h sword, so that would mix things up abit I suppose.

T13 with 2 DRKs with Omnislash LB would stink.

It doesn't explicitly say animations, though? Or did I miss something else.
Also, is the benchmark only to be shown off or actually made available during this weekends Niconico Chokaigi 2015 Event?

I don't know if they can afford to create and balance x new LBs with the 4 old ones. I mean, besides the animations, they're just flat mitigation, flat full cure/Enhanced Raise, or damage with one variable.

Teknoman

lol its probably just wishful thinking on my part, since I want to be the person to do an LB for once, and I dont seem to like anything but tank jobs (aside from Monk, which I still procrastinate about).

Ken

lol its probably just wishful thinking on my part, since I want to be the person to do an LB for once, and I dont seem to like anything but tank jobs (aside from Monk, which I still procrastinate about).

Tank LB is mandatory for T13 so...!

Tash

Can't survive that Teraflare without that Tank LB - rejoice :)
edit: can't beat that Ken speed.

Ken

Thinking about it though, it would be pretty interesting if they did come up with unique LB effects per job just to further promote party diversity. Might be challenging to balance both LBs among themselves and encounters around them though!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wow the game is pretty much unplayable right now. 90ks every few minutes, especially in instances, then SE web pages become inaccessible for 5 minutes, then it's fine, then repeat again.

Thinking about it though, it would be pretty interesting if they did come up with unique LB effects per job just to further promote party diversity. Might be challenging to balance both LBs among themselves and encounters around them though!

Or just put in another Teraflare.

Have 1-2 days left on my current sub but have a 60-day code lying in wait. Currently trying to reach i130 (only need one more piece and two more carbontwines) but what I really want to complete in next two months is Second Coil and Final Coil. Hoping to get some help from the FC on a couple Friday nights. If I need Mumble for better communication, just know that I'll have to use Mumble on a tablet and I won't have a mic available

artsi

Spent an hour yesterday trying to get another atma, I'm so frustrated but I want to get it out of the way before proceeding with other stuff.

DarkKyo

The wait for the benchmark is killing me. I know Yoshi said April but he doesn't have to wait until the last day in April...

Stuart444

So just finished a Garuda Extreme. It was going pretty badly at first. This Dragoon kept dying and didn't say he was new. Even after several wipes he wouldn't get that he should hide when Garuda jumps up in the first bit of the fight. He died a lot. Then there was this other tank who had trouble just getting enmity on a sister and dragging them where they need to be. And refusing several times to get into spiny and just taking the dmg.

at 10 or 15% echo I think, vote abandon happened and failed then someone voted to dismiss the dragoon for 'cheating' (lol) and when that worked, the bad tank just left. So I'm guessing he was the one who vote dismissed the drg so he could leave without penalty. (I wish everyone voted no so I could see if he'd leave and take the penalty or not).

We got a SMN and a WAR after that and cleared it in a one-shot with no deaths. Pony dropped. I won it. :D

I was also a Dragoon and I was usually the last person alive on the wipes so that felt pretty good. (only one time I died early. tank decided to tank one sister in the middle of the tornado... so I went in after them >_> )

But yeah, moral of the story: stick it out even if your group wipes a lot and you may just get a pony.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So just finished a Garuda Extreme. It was going pretty badly at first. This Dragoon kept dying and didn't say he was new. Even after several wipes he wouldn't get that he should hide when Garuda jumps up in the first bit of the fight. He died a lot. Then there was this other tank who had trouble just getting enmity on a sister and dragging them where they need to be. And refusing several times to get into spiny and just taking the dmg.

at 10 or 15% echo I think, vote abandon happened and failed then someone voted to dismiss the dragoon for 'cheating' (lol) and when that worked, the bad tank just left. So I'm guessing he was the one who vote dismissed the drg so he could leave without penalty. (I wish everyone voted no so I could see if he'd leave and take the penalty or not).

We got a SMN and a WAR after that and cleared it in a one-shot with no deaths. Pony dropped. I won it. :D

I was also a Dragoon and I was usually the last person alive on the wipes so that felt pretty good. (only one time I died early. tank decided to tank one sister in the middle of the tornado... so I went in after them >_> )

But yeah, moral of the story: stick it out even if your group wipes a lot and you may just get a pony.

Just a heads up, but next time if someone vote abandons someone and they explicitly say they chose "Cheating" as the reason, don't vote on it. Even though FFXIV's GM's are lazy, they don't generally like it when people kick someone with the reason being "Cheating" for something like shit dps or dying.

Stuart444

Just a heads up, but next time if someone vote abandons someone and they explicitly say they chose "Cheating" as the reason, don't vote on it. Even though FFXIV's GM's are lazy, they don't generally like it when people kick someone with the reason being "Cheating" for something like shit dps or dying.

I voted no for the record. (unless that would annoy the GMs as well o_O) - I always vote no unless they are being a dick to other people and thus the vote dismiss is legit.

I hope they file a complaint though. I mean I was tempted to but last time I did, I was told that I couldn't file a complaint for someone else, they have to be the ones to do it. Since then I haven't filed a complaint for anything that isn't aimed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom