• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Using GAF as a blog update system, this seems like the most underwhelming live letter ever. Are they telling us about an MMO or an airship simulator with buddies?
Airship builder simulator! You don't get to actually ride on the airships or anything crazy like that.
yet

The rest really seems to be a giant marketing pitch. This is definitely not what I was expecting as the final letter before the patch.

DarkKyo

People blitzed Ninja to max in one day.

Personally i'm going to just enjoy the journey.

This should take much longer than that, though. If 50-60 takes as long as 1-50, it will still take longer because you don't already have a class at 60 to increase exp gain.

Kenai

Buy Carbuncle plushies, get them in game as minions.
Every cool stuff are behind paywall :(

RIp Fat Cat and Baby Opo. Make room for our true lord and savior Carbuncle.

This should take much longer than that, though. If 50-60 takes as long as 1-50, it will still take longer because you don't already have a class at 60 to increase exp gain.

That and these are new areas where people don't actually know the most efficent ways to exp yet, especially since SE quite literally threw a wrench in some plans with the AoE nerfs.

Teknoman

I kinda hope so, just so people get used to how the new skills work instead of just getting there...but having no idea how to use things.

Uthred

Wouldnt mind hiding stuff behind paywalls in a subscription MMO if they then didnt limit stuff like player housing, item storage, etc. behind excuses that the servers cant handle it - perhaps spend some of that income on the servers, hmm?

Pachimari

I'm like the opposite. I'm looking forward to the next cutscene every time. But I'm one of those who loved to watch all of the cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid 2 as well.

Just over 14 hours I think.
Oh thanks, so I won't get my fix until tomorrow. But it'll be online just when I wake up, and I got all day tomorrow.

I am hyped..

I can't wait to finally dig in tomorrow morning :)

Funny I fit in that little welcome back campaign since I stopped playing during that time due to finals and stuff. just restarted a few days ago on a new main.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How many hours till the game goes up again?

t1434704400z4.png

Kouriozan

It's over, it was OK even if we didn't learn much.
The game wil be available in 14 hours 30 anyway, but I'm not going to rush, I just want to unlock AST and level it a bit.

scy

You guys got me to sit through the 2.55 cutscenes

NEVER AGAIN

I'll just go back and watch the interesting ones in the inn later.

Pretty much. I'll wait for someone to tell me which are actually interesting. I'll read the text and so on but the rest? Meh.

plus, if it really matters that much, I have an alt to level anyway

Uthred

Looking forward to logging in to see people "incentivising" using their referral code "LF New Players, 500K Gil to use my referral"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You guys got me to sit through the 2.55 cutscenes

NEVER AGAIN

I'll just go back and watch the interesting ones in the inn later.

Heh, I'm only up to like 2.2 cutscenes, but I kind of dig the post-game story so far. Nice to see the rebels cope with real-world shit dealing with refugees and rebuilding and such after saving the world.

I assume it ramps up to crazy town again, but for now its a refreshing change from lame prophecies and empires and shit.

A few people in the youtube chat thought it was Tactics heh. Guess that shows how much of an underdog 8 is.

Tell me about it.
VIII and XII are my personal top two so jesus christ I don't think I need to tell you the shit I have to hear from the fandumb.

Anyways, I can't wait to see where the story goes in 3.0!

SOLDIER

Is this a good place to ask about anyone who is interested in the Refer a Friend campaign?

I would love to recruit a new player so I can get the increasingly terrific rewards.

Pachimari

I just did the Benchmark for Heavensward, with everything on maximum and on Direct X11. I got a score of 9629. Which I assume is good? At Performance it says "Extremely High".

Zomba13

Preloading now. Getting hyped. Sucks about Twin being a recruit a friend mount and Carby minions being tied to plushies. How do they look? I am very interested in a Carby plushy.

WolvenOne

Trying to line up people to recruit now, gotta make Twintania mah ^@$#.

Is there anywhere that has the specific details of that deal written up? Seeing as I missed the LiveLetter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom