• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

I would like to know too. D:
I didn't get a link in my email to any special website to redeem the code. I pre-ordered from GMG.
Not sure about GMG. I ordered mine from the SE store. I guess you get a code to put somewhere and you get another code that you can't use yet. So apparently I've done everything I need to do already.

When you queue in progress for World of Darkness and find yourself in an alliance that's wasted 50 minutes and is only on the second trash mob, you know you're in for a good time.

It was the raid from hell.

BadRNG

When you queue in progress for World of Darkness and find yourself in an alliance that's wasted 50 minutes and is only on the second trash mob, you know you're in for a good time.

Damn that's some patience, I would of bailed long before that point if you weren't even clearing trash.

I just went back to the game after a month-break.

I can feel all the progress I've made in the real world..

...going down the drain...

...I regret this

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I just went back to the game after a month-break.

I can feel all the progress I've made in the real world..

...going down the drain...

...I regret this

Shh. No tears now. Only adventure.

sloth.jpg

Stuart444

It's unusual that the maintenance will end at 11am GMT but I still can't wait.

It's just been brought to my attention as well that we switch to BST from GMT before the maint. It ends at 4am PDT which should be about 8 hours time difference.

Basically, UK folks, the maint actually ends at 12pm due to moving to GMT+1/BST this weekend. (though it will probably be done early but the official time is 12pm)

Beat 4th boss of Bloodborne first try, no prep, no idea boss battle was about to happen.
Go back to 3rd boss, wipe three times (once at 1%) after watching a guide video and knowing how to cheese it. This was after wiping to it 6 times yesterday, 5 of which included summoned help.

This game...

Edit: Nevermind, decided to try one last time with no antidotes cuz, why the hell not! And pulled it off somehow. So long a-hole.

WolvenOne

Ah, so they won't be doing maintenance until 10pacific? Good, that's normally around when my static group ends its runs anyway.

Woot.

oh god do I buy bloodborne or pillars of eternity?

Also we're getting so close to Terraflare. Feel like we'll hit it by the end of this week. We sort of capitulate a bit because we never expect the second divebomb so the Storm part of the add phase is super sketchy. When we get past them intact we sort of forget about Death Sentence so RIP MT.

We're super close though. Really want this breakthrough this week.

I mainly just want Ranketsu back :( Scything is a good DRG but he's not OUR DRG. Scything doesn't die as much.

IMBored

Also we're getting so close to Terraflare. Feel like we'll hit it by the end of this week. We sort of capitulate a bit because we never expect the second divebomb so the Storm part of the add phase is super sketchy. When we get past them intact we sort of forget about Death Sentence so RIP MT.

I mainly just want Ranketsu back :( Scything is a good DRG but he's not OUR DRG. Scything doesn't die as much.

Buy bloodborne, pillars is for chumps. Plus, you can simulate the ranketsu life from all the times you'll die.

EriksBlue

Banned

I'd say get both but i wasnt a chump and already got PoE from kickstarter when it was cheap :p
You have to pay premium for the Scything Moon Ranketsu simulation.

I'd say get both but i wasnt a chump and already got PoE from kickstarter when it was cheap :p
You have to pay premium for the Scything Moon Ranketsu simulation.

well thanks to a PlayStation Store offer I got Bloodborne for €50, which is €25 less than it is in Gamestop here. Can get Pillars for €20 off Nuuvem when I get home using a proxy.

So altogether I can actually get both games for less than what it would cost me to buy Bloodborne in the shop.

So I think I will get both :D

iammeiam

So basically now I want the May live letter already:

* Information pertaining to the battle system in FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward is scheduled to be released during a Letter from the Producer LIVE in May.

Angary, noooooo! My morphine finally wore off. Time for Bloodborne carries?

No PS Plus, which I forgot about. It's mostly that the groups of enemies + no ranged + more active play style is just... Not for me. I keep eating it on the first street filled with patrols (I CANT EVEN MAKE IT TO A BOSS), because like four guys at once just means I'm getting set on fire, even after spending a while grinding blood echoes for the first armor set. WTB Soul Arrow.

I'm pretty sure I somehow got the party member to start attacking the main character in the intro PoE battle, so this is probably going to go great.

BadRNG

YoshiP: We're going turn based. *mic drop*

No PS Plus, which I forgot about. It's mostly that the groups of enemies + no ranged + more active play style is just... Not for me. I keep eating it on the first street filled with patrols (I CANT EVEN MAKE IT TO A BOSS), because like four guys at once just means I'm getting set on fire, even after spending a while grinding blood echoes for the first armor set. WTB Soul Arrow.
Smash all the things as you are running around, there are shortcuts hidden behind barrels and stuff that lets you avoid a lot of enemies, including that big first street. You can get pebbles to lure them in smaller numbers too. Or if all else fails just sprint past them, which you may end up doing at some point anyway...

Also I hate all of you. Especially Makoto. This does not help my backlog.

neoemonk

I'm level 46 on my first class and think I have a good shot at hitting 50 this weekend. I can really only play on weekends. Realistically, what kind of post-50 content can I expect to accomplish before the expansion? I'm currently a Black Mage, but I'm also going to try my hand at Dark Knight tanking in the expansion.

Damn that's some patience, I would of bailed long before that point if you weren't even clearing trash.

Worst thing is when you force yourself to commit to what you know is a shitty run because you're chasing a light bonus. I got in on a late ST run to grab a last-minute maximum light bonus yesterday, and if I backed out, I would have missed it. I got landed in a troll party, mainly the healers, and the other two alliance's tanks were completely shiftless and liked to off-tank in their tanking stances. Things got off to a flying start when nobody would grab the first set of trash, so I did it. The healers refused to heal me and made jokes when I quickly died as a result. At first I thought that maybe it was both a) I'd gone out of range and b) they were being douchebags, but then they started fluid aura'ing the clockwork soldiers during the during the Glasya Labolas fight while I was trying to drag them across the arena, so it was probably mainly b).

It was profoundly annoying but I just bit my tongue and did it because I was sick of fighting Garuda.

(Fun epilogue: got the same two again in Ifrit much later in the evening and they were dicks there too.)

Sorian

Banned
I'm level 46 on my first class and think I have a good shot at hitting 50 this weekend. I can really only play on weekends. Realistically, what kind of post-50 content can I expect to accomplish before the expansion? I'm currently a Black Mage, but I'm also going to try my hand at Dark Knight tanking in the expansion.

I would focus on getting through all of the post 50 storyline. Every patch from 2.1 through 2.55 has added storyline to the game and it seems like it will be required to move into Heavensward story (also just worth it cause the story is good). I would also recommend leveling paladin. It might be worth having some low level tank experience because we don't know how the 3 new classes will work but there is a chance they will already start at a high level. (I choose paladin because my personal belief is dark will be closer to that style that warrior).

If you're on Ultros, I'm a fairly new 50 tank so I'm still running everything. I'm willing to group with any other new 50s just to speed up there queues, but there's a lot of stuff to do before you can really just be 50 that can run anything. The story being the main thing..

Valor

Guys stop ruining The League for me. Kthx.
How do you have such good taste and yet such bad taste? You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma.
Beat 4th boss of Bloodborne first try, no prep, no idea boss battle was about to happen.
Depends on what you consider the 4th boss to be and also why have I not added you to my friends list yet D:

You can probably get a nice chunk of stuff done since the Three Month Wait™ officially begins on the 31st. There's a lot of content, but that's also a lot of time to gear up and all that stuff (which is a majority of post game content, I suppose)
BUWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. GET READY SOULS SCRUB!!!!!!
Please. Don't pretend that this game is difficult. In some ways it's harder than Souls, in some ways it's way easier. But that's for another OT I refuse to enter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Please. Don't pretend that this game is difficult. In some ways it's harder than Souls, in some ways it's way easier. But that's for another OT I refuse to enter.

Having reviewed the game with little assistance from the community prior to the game's release and such I can safely say that BB is easier. So... Take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom