• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Sciel

4.1 MSQ Spoilers

Oh boy, they're trying to give Fordola a backstory now and make her sympathetic/relatable now. Here's expecting her to turn good and die somehow by sacrificing herself heroically.

New refer a friend mount is annoying cause most of us probably spent our leftover feathers thinking it would never be updated.
I have like 5 left. Need three more.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished the raid with the 2nd pub (first group was stuck on the 2nd boss for ~40 minutes). I think it was the hardest one so far on day 1, some fights have way too much dodging. Neat mechanics though.

Anyone tried the dungeon runs with the AIs squadron? Wondering how "smart" the AI is, if it looks like a feature they'll keep working on or just abandon until next expansion like, well, squadrons in the first place.

Anyone tried the dungeon runs with the AIs squadron? Wondering how "smart" the AI is, if it looks like a feature they'll keep working on or just abandon until next expansion like, well, squadrons in the first place.

I did wanderers palace as a tank and did giant pulls. The healer did keep me alive. Buuuut if they get stuck attacking one enemy that ends up targeting them they get stuck and then oh no.

They work functionally as their roles. Healer heals, dps dps and tanks tank.

Basically, they could easily add this feature and add it to the actual main game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
GAF-Raid pulls out clutch victory with less than 5 minutes left.

crr8ap2.jpg

Tanston

Managed to get a small plot right in front of the lighthouse. Not the best looking plot but not the worst and certainly much more attractive then the plot I had in the goblet. There was still smalls available when I woke up at 6 am but i'm on a super low pop server.

Rua

Didn't get a large because the launcher crashed twice on me..

Managed to get the last medium available on my server though. Was racing a few other people to it.

I did wanderers palace as a tank and did giant pulls. The healer did keep me alive. Buuuut if they get stuck attacking one enemy that ends up targeting them they get stuck and then oh no.

They work functionally as their roles. Healer heals, dps dps and tanks tank.

Basically, they could easily add this feature and add it to the actual main game.

Hmm sounds cool, I wonder if they have to do scripts for each dungeons or if their systems can work with basically anything that's not too complicated. Can you give them order to stand in certain places? Say there's a boss mechanics that requires 2ppl to stand together, can you order one of the NPC to follow you or to go somewhere with like a marker kinda like the A B C markers?

It reminds me a bit of Guild Wars(first one, not 2nd) where after Nightfall you could basically make your own little party of NPCs and do most content with that, could tell them where to stand, what skills to use and stuff, plus since it was GW you could customize their "decks" of skills so you had crazy customization. Wasn't very mmo-ish but was a lot of fun.

It'd be pretty useful to fix Castrum and old content too probably.

Wagram

I'll be honest the client launch error fiasco this morning made it so that I don't even want to play 4.1. I'm not upset that I didn't get a house. I'm upset I didn't even have a chance. I'm beyond tired of this company, their incompetence, and cheapness. Even F2P games have better servers than this.

MechaX

This raid was really, really good, I thought.

That second boss can kick your ass pretty hard if you're not paying attention, and that last boss... total sensory overload.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There was quite a number of players that found their account literally suspended upon warping into Shirogane. There hasn't been an official word on what was causing it. Some people think it might be people abusing the RMT reporter, but I'd be surprised it actually does something automatically when enough people report.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/75gkek/suspended_se_support_are_useless/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/75ga64/suspended_for_botting_upon_moving_to_shirogane/

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
4.1 MSQ Spoilers

Oh boy, they're trying to give Fordola a backstory now and make her sympathetic/relatable now. Here's expecting her to turn good and die somehow by sacrificing herself heroically.
Yeah yesterday I was thinking about it and
I hope that Fordolla and Youtsuyu don't get a "redemption arc" they don't deserve it.They made their choices and now that they lost they want to be a victim of circumstance? Screw that

Sciel

Yeah yesterday I was thinking about it and
I hope that Fordolla and Youtsuyu don't get a "redemption arc" they don't deserve it.They made their choices and now that they lost they want to be a victim of circumstance? Screw that
Its definitely going to happen. Yotsuya has a bigger fanbase than Fordola lol

Anyways i finished the 4.1 MSQ, overall it was pretty good but it felt a bit long/fillery at times. They really should have added some parts of this during the 3 month gap since launch.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Its definitely going to happen. Yotsuya has a bigger fanbase than Fordola lol
Dammit!
Of course their going to go that route because why else keep them around? Sure why not Square Enix shove this redemption BS down out throats why don't you. Now the next best thing I can hope for is that they end up dead Ysayle/Moenbryda style

Thorgal

Shin EX progress report with 1st pug group :

spoilered these incase you include mechanics as spoilers
first time died because we didn't target the heart .
then we died to chains + tidal wave .
then we all died to supernova rmultiple times before we figured the mechanics of it ( stack in water puddle.

then we died too judgement bolt ( not sure how to counter that yet )
then i had to leave due to dinner

Welp. I was way off about them lasting for a few days. What a shitshow.

Yup. In retrospect, I'm super lucky I got my crappy small plot in Lavender Beds the first time around.

Well, here's hoping some loser's small gets demolished in 45 days lol. Or, y'know, the devs decide to double the amount of wards & subdivisions (lol that's probably never happening soon).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Rabanastre or how to blow all your budget on an LFR raid. I mean, it was rad but it was basically Void Ark so /shrug.

Skalla is gimmicky and awful I never want in there again.

I'll be honest the client launch error fiasco this morning made it so that I don't even want to play 4.1. I'm not upset that I didn't get a house. I'm upset I didn't even have a chance. I'm beyond tired of this company, their incompetence, and cheapness. Even F2P games have better servers than this.

Well said. I saw that all the mediums I wanted were taken so I didn't even bother. It's beyond ridiculous.

Qvoth

then we died too judgement bolt ( not sure how to counter that yet )

spread out and not stand in the puddle
the puddle gives lighting resist down and fire resist up
so basically if it's doing hellfire, then stand in the puddle, if it's judgement bolt, spread

seems like there are a total of 4 possibilities, hellfire, judgement bolt, earth breath and diamond dust

Thorgal

spread out and not stand in the puddle
the puddle gives lighting resist down and fire resist up
so basically if it's doing hellfire, then stand in the puddle, if it's judgement bolt, spread

seems like there are a total of 4 possibilities, hellfire, judgement bolt, earth breath and diamond dust

Noted for next time .

On another note

This is the Hairstyle all proud warriors will wear into battle . LOOK UPON IT'S MAGNIFICENCE !

ffxiv_10102017_191016rnscp.jpg

If SE were a smart company they'd probably fix the bullshite that is the housing system and not have errors galore right when servers are up. I guess that's too much to ask though. I'm getting sick of supporting this game.

Sciel

Cleared the Ivalice raid with DF in about ~1hr.

We probably died the most to the second boss, other bosses basically had 1 wipe each to figure out the insta-wipe mechanics. Fun but eh...going to be a pain to get my glamours ;-;
that ff-tactics connection tho!

aceface

Return to Ivalice has been a big selling point for this expac, I'm not surprised they poured some budget into it and I'm glad they did.

Arkeband

Banned
Yup. In retrospect, I'm super lucky I got my crappy small plot in Lavender Beds the first time around.

Well, here's hoping some loser's small gets demolished in 45 days lol. Or, y'know, the devs decide to double the amount of wards & subdivisions (lol that's probably never happening soon).

I thought demolishment is suspended due to the hurricanes?

Top Bottom