• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

I can't see this being any better when it properly launches. Way to kill my hype for it. Even worse that you get to do 0 dungeons and 0 trials before reaching this roadblock. Hopefully I luck out later tonight.

There should be a guy on youtube that covered his skills in depth. I took some notes as he explained and overall SAM is very easy once you start playing him. I took notes on my button layout before the EA release and I eased right into him. In dungeon runs if you use his AOE moves you must use invigorate, he melts his TP.

Hmm I could use this time out of town to watch videos and learn haha Thanks for the idea. I was just reading stuff on Reddit and I think all the Japanese terminology was making it more difficult to remember what was what but if I can just see what the rotation is and memorize that I'll be good and hopefully learn the rest naturally while playing as one.

I guess the one benefit of being all the way back in ARR's story is I won't deal with any of the nonsense you guys are :p Outside logging into the game, of course.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This is my top priority! And it's not like Minagawa and the UI team can do anything about the instance servers.

This right here. People are replying to the tweet regarding this bitching about the instance problems, and like, fair, it IS a problem. But Minagawa wasn't going to be working on that anyway. They can work on fixing multiple problems at once.

IvorB

After spending all the time since launch on RDM (59 now)...

Melee combo loses its charm quite fast but I do however enjoy HW MCH-like style of using Dualcast to cleverly dodge - really if you liked MCH in 3.0, you'll love RDM.

I did have a quick try on Red Mage. Definitely looking forward to leveling that.

They should also fix the crafting log. If you search something with a PS4 controller you can't switch to the result screen, only with the mouse cursor.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So is Fates the best way to level up the new jobs? I can only find level 45 Levequests.
Do Palace of the Dead until Lv.60 than start spamming Frontlines to Lv.70

Redx508

ffxiv_dx11_2017-06-16_15-26-31.png

No, I didn't, because that's where my line came from to begin with. It's the only thing they've said and it essentially amounts to "Try later?" and that's all.

Well, they say they're intentionally limiting the number of players in instances. I'm not sure if they're also working on alternative server fixes or are just going to use that as their stopgap measure until people stop trying.

Aeana

Well, they say they're intentionally limiting the number of players in instances. I'm not sure if they're also working on alternative server fixes or are just going to use that as their stopgap measure until people stop trying.

People will never stop trying. They've been in this business long enough to know not to underestimate the ability of people to perform repetitive tasks.

OsirisBlack

Banned
us ps4 pro 1080p tv peasants got jack shit. enjoy.

Wait, what? Didn't you get hdr and 60fps?

Things I've noticed while fucking around at 4k, more foliage no jagged edges better draw distance also looks like more effects but can't be sure on that one. It's a pretty significant upgrade. It's not 60 at 4k but it runs better.

dcye

It'd be nice if they had anything to say about the MSQ struggle at least.

"While we have plenty of instances available, to prevent a heavy load on the servers, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter at a time. If you are unable to enter an instance, we recommend waiting and trying again at a later time"

ie. log out and come back later fam.

iammeiam

i don't think is working.

I figured; just wanted to make sure I wasn't spreading misinformation about the lines being pointless since the only person I know still trying has also been clicking for like nine hours at this point.

They're limited people per-instance, and there's something hugely wrong with the bottleneck they set up because I just ran back to the first dungeon to check and there are literally four people here. Two are in a DF queue, one is AFK, and only one is watching the cutscene for zoning in for the first time. Between where everyone is stuck and where I've been waiting the past few hours, there are a handful of normal MSQ quests and one single-player instance (which had literally 0 people at it when I went through it.)

Like, they put out a statement of basically "you guys deal with it", but the flow of people through doesn't seem reasonable. It's worse that having been stuck for an exceedingly long time does you no good, that RDM and SAM catching up is going to literally make it worse for everyone--especially once people work out the lines don't do anything, and that they've made no real attempt to discuss it with people.

Situations like this are a perfect argument for why they need to figure out a way to do some kind of testing; it seems screamingly obvious from the setup, and they're somehow caught with their pants down.

Melee combo loses its charm quite fast but I do however enjoy HW MCH-like style of using Dualcast to cleverly dodge - really if you liked MCH in 3.0, you'll love RDM.

Well fuck me; I offered to heal if our second healer wanted to go caster and she ended up just dropping the game instead which somehow turned into our PLD calling dibs on RDM. On the one hand it's nice to know the play style exists still, on the other hand I totally should have just dug in on it after the first reveal.

"While we have plenty of instances available, to prevent a heavy load on the servers, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter at a time. If you are unable to enter an instance, we recommend waiting and trying again at a later time"

ie. log out and come back later fam.

the best part of this is if everyone listened we'd be exactly where we are now whenever they came back. It's a non-answer.

Baliis

Eh? What's that? Keep in mind my highest level job hasn't finished 3.0

It's the 4man randomized dungeon thing. Is nice for DPS since you can group as 4 do, no healer/tank requirements. Go to Quarrymill to unlock it, only requirement I think is being level like 17 or so.

And the biggest problem I feel is in the way they have responded. Telling players to "just keep trying" isn't solving anything. It's only gonna get worse as people get off work, start the weekend, and try to play. At this rate people will be halfway or more done leveling only having done a couple main quests.

Kemal86

Things I've noticed while fucking around at 4k, more foliage no jagged edges better draw distance also looks like more effects but can't be sure on that one. It's a pretty significant upgrade. It's not 60 at 4k but it runs better.

There are (currently) no 1080P TVs that support HDR (tho they are coming out this year), so no, we don't get HDR.

To my eyes, the framerate was overall higher pre-patch using Boost Mode than in the new 1080p "Performance" mode. It is certainly nowhere close to a locked 60fps.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I do wish RDM was a little more complex. I had hoped balancing your mana was more important, considering the melee/range hybrid thing didn't really pan out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I do wish RDM was a little more complex. I had hoped balancing your mana was more important.

Isn't it extremely important though? You want to get them both to 80+ as often as possible, and whenever they get out of balance the rate at which you gain the lower mana decreases, throwing off your whole rhythm.

Squishy3

Isn't it extremely important though? You want to get them both to 80+ as often as possible, and whenever they get out of balance the rate at which you gain the lower mana decreases, throwing off your whole rhythm.
Also missing the full toolset, which has abilities that do things depending on which mana of yours is higher.

But yeah, getting booted. Gonna go get some food and try again in a couple of hours.

Haly

and whenever they get out of balance the rate at which you gain the lower mana decreases, throwing off your whole rhythm.
How so? If that's actually true it's not reflected on the tooltips.

And 1080p user get absolutely.....

OccasionalBoilingIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

But, what did we expect? PS4 pro support was non existent for the last 7 months with not even a word to ever include it. (Until they announced it) Of course they f' it up like huge amateurs and i don't think they will ever put their hands on it again.
A shame. :/

Haly

Maybe I mispoke, I didn't mean more important in the sense of "you have to balance it", but in the manner of "there are many things that provide incentive for keeping your mana balanced". Currently, as long as they both hit 80 you're good. You can spend half the time casting Aero/Stone to like, 60? 70? and then switch over to Thunder/Fire if you really wanted to.

If Jolt had a line like "Potency increases as difference between White Mana and Black Mana decreases", it'd be more in line with what I mean.

It's also really trivial keeping it balanced so I dunno.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How so? If that's actually true it's not reflected on the tooltips.

From the bottom of the official job guide (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/redmage/):

When both black and white mana reach a certain amount, the weaponskills Riposte, Zwerchhau, and Redoublement become enchanted and will deal additional damage. If the gap between black and white mana accumulation grows too large, the crystal at the top of the gauge will change color, and it will become more difficult to accumulate the lesser of the two.

You can tell if you are at the imbalance level based on the color of the gem at the top of the gauge. It will be white or black if it's too high on that end.

wamberz1

Annnnd kicked again.

I'll use this time as a chance to write up my impressions of the story so far (Just got past Kagune)

- So far I'm liking it more than early havensward. There is a lot (a LOT) of worldbuilding going on, setting up factions that have history and policies, peoples with different motives and goals. I'm really liking it so far and hope it pays off.

- I'm liking the main party of characters more than heavensward so far as well. Sure, traveling with alph, estinien and ysayle was awesome but the last two would often be wet blankets. This group feels a lot more light hearted.

- Maybe I'm misremembering, but there seems to be a lot more voice acting than in heavenward. Most minor characters are given voices.

- There seems to be more comedy as well.

- They really, really want you to hate the Garleans and their supporters.

Top Bottom