• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

valkyre

Baffling reason for automated car control.

The excuse about casual players being able to play their game is borderline stupid to the point of actually being insulting...

Yes , clearly the skill required to drive a car in videogames is immense... as if everything else in Final Fantasy XV is super casual... yep the driving part is what will make that game hardcore...

Ridiculous and idiotic at best. Just stick to the "we dont want you to drive the car" without further explanation...

Yea fans already did half the work, it's the same kinda thing the dude would do so it's really surprising they haven't made any artwork of that.

Downsampled PC footage to consoles being the obvious one. Although that scene takes place in a small room so it kinda makes me wonder why it had to be adjusted that much.

I think people are gonna be disappointed when the visual differences between the two turn out to not be as big as they imagine. PS4 version won't end up looking a whole gen ahead or anything.

The PS4 version certainly has its issues as well (LoD, texture streaming) but the difference between the two is very obvious.

l4stm.jpg
The XV team are finished at Gamescom. Time to rest and go back to work.

The excuse about casual players being able to play their game is borderline stupid to the point of actually being insulting...

Yes , clearly the skill required to drive a car in videogames is immense... as if everything else in Final Fantasy XV is super casual... yep the driving part is what will make that game hardcore...

Ridiculous and idiotic at best. Just stick to the "we dont want you to drive the car" without further explanation...
Sadly that's what you get as a reply if you try to question someone who has no skills in PR.

Bladenic

The "people don't know how to drive in real life" is even worse lmao

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The PS4 version certainly has its issues as well (LoD, texture streaming) but the difference between the two is very obvious.
Obvious but not enough to constantly specify "oh that's the xb1 version" whenever someone criticizes the visuals. That scene won't suddenly look mindblowing or like it did in the trailers on ps4. The biggest difference will probably be IQ.

Falk

that puzzling face
Preserving every detail on minor NPCs can't take precedence over making sure the main cast still looks good after making graphical compromises.

im ok with cor looking a little unenlightened but talcott deserves more shade

Its from the jump festa 2015 trailer which... as some have pointed out, has a lot of cut content in the trailer for some reason.

I don't think this scene is cut from the game the game though. I remember they announced partners working in the game and used this as one of the scenes they were doing. They even shown a sightly extended view of this particular scene.

ViciousDS

Banned
I also hope they don't remove that dude's dying pose.

hes not dying......just being cryo'd lol

Also.....hype has hit full circle......I want this game now after replaying the duscae demo tonight.....god, I want this open world FF so damn bad!!!! I can't even concentrate in world of warcraft right now for leveling because I'll stop, launch the 50 minute gameplay and just drool at how much I want it!

Mailbox

hes not dying......just being cryo'd lol

Also.....hype has hit full circle......I want this game now after replaying the duscae demo tonight.....god, I want this open world FF so damn bad!!!! I can't even concentrate in world of warcraft right now for leveling because I'll stop, launch the 50 minute gameplay and just drool at how much I want it!

I'm pretty sure the character in that shot is Ignis as well :p

I'm super stoked for this game, BUT I know exactly what I'm expecting based on what I've seen. People expecting the world from this will probably be disappointed, but because of what we've seen, what we know of the systems, what we know of the regions, what we know of the characters, etc, I'm in. I'm not expecting them to rework the graphics to be nice and clean by release, I'm not expecting a super nice handling car, I'm not expecting a lot of things, but with what is there, I'm hyped.

I didn't get to play Duscae, I wish I did. Can't wait until November.

For as much as im concernec about this game, I want it more than anything coming out in the forseeable future. Fuck these next three months are gonna be rough.

Skulldead

I've just read that the game will only have 2 difficulty settings ? Normal and Easy ?

For real the video everything look so easy... Confirm that only these 2 modes exist ?

Tyaren

The tomb actually uses outside lighting from an opened ceiling, time of day could still affect the scene.

nEYb.png

Ah, you are right. I guess it is the absolutely flat kind of lighting time of day outside that affects the inside absolutely flat kind of lighting. ;)

hhhmmm

pqgbMnR.jpg

Since this took me seconds to edit in phothoshop,
I'm going to have to say that there is really no lighitng downgrade, I believe it has something to do with the contrast of the images and abvious compression being lost when
some images get imported depedning on the image software or compression tool. I've seen this happen many times with Color 2001 coated images from Asia or Japan and when some get imported to USA SWOP default color profiles,and thus this tends to happen.

If I recall many people praised the jumbo tron offscreen picture someone took not to long ago and many pointed at the fact that those usually have higher contrast.

NOTE: I didn't modify anything, other than the contrast sliders.

hhhmmm

pqgbMnR.jpg

I'm going to have to say that there is really no lighitng downgrade, I believe it has something to do with the contrast of the images and abvious compression being lost when
some images get imported depedning on the image software or compression tool. I've seen this happen many times with Color 2001 coated images from Asia or Japan and when some get imported to USA SWOP default color profiles,and thus this tends to happen.

If I recall many people praised the jumbo tron offscreen picture someone took not to long ago and many pointed at the fact that those usually have higher contrast.

Are you for real

Ishida

Banned
He may not have been implemented. But he was presented as part of the core 5 in marketing for a while until... he wasn't.

He was just in a couple of posters, if I recall correctly. But he was never stated to be in the main party. He was stated to be a temporary guest from the very beginning. ;)

.JayZii

Banned
He was just in a couple of posters, if I recall correctly. But he was never stated to be in the main party. He was stated to be a temporary guest from the very beginning. ;)
I don't care about facts! What matters is what I feel FFXV used to be!

Ran rp

hhhmmm

pqgbMnR.jpg

i'm crying

Top Bottom