• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

Koozek

http://i.imgur.com/6RU81Cq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3lOUGKY.jpg

Seems more like a big human. One leg at the very least is normal. Hell at a closer look it might not even have horns, it could be that tree shit behind him. Face and arm resemble
Ravus. Could be Ravus is Ifrit, but I'm not taking it.

Ifrit is for sure in the game though. He's listed among the
summons we'll get. However, I think it'll be more like the recent versions.
Wait. What if it's
Ardyn
? :O

Tyaren

This thread turned very dangerous for people who don't want the last boss/identity of the last boss spoiled for them. Can you move over to the spoiler thread for this please? :(

Mailbox

This thread turned very dangerous for people who don't want the last boss/identity of the last boss spoiled for them. Can you move over to the spoiler thread for this please? :(

its from the afrojack trailer. I really don't think its for the final boss.

If it is... for damn shame SE

Koozek

Regarding the car driving, here's a recent Q&A with one of the Lead Game Designers (AI & Buddy System), Prasert "Sun" Prasertvithyakarn.

Fan question:
"Why is it so easy to control the car (unrealistic) and why is there no freedom to drive?" (referring to the playable demo at the AFATH 2016 event)

Sun:
"We made it easy so everyone can play our game, including the casual fans who never played this kind of game before. In other open-world games, the car controls are realistic and the driving scenes are nightmare to some players who can't drive in real life so they keep crashing the car all the time and it's frustrating. We think that driving is not a key feature in this game so we should focus on the story and something more important. That's why the car will be easy to control. But we also have other features for the players to enjoy it, for the example; you can let the AI drives the car while you play with your camera and looking around the landscapes, this is not possible in other games because we're unique!"​

Source: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/about-the-car-final-fantasy-xv.5901/page-2#post-37641

Regarding the car driving, here's a recent Q&A with one of the Lead Game Designers (AI & Buddy System), Prasert "Sun" Prasertvithyakarn.

Fan question:
"Why is it so easy to control the car (unrealistic) and why is there no freedom to drive?" (referring to the playable demo at the AFATH 2016 event)

Sun:
"We made it easy so everyone can play our game, including the casual fans who never played this kind of game before. In other open-world games, the car controls are realistic and the driving scenes are nightmare to some players who can't drive in real life so they keep crashing the car all the time and it's frustrating. We think that driving is not a key feature in this game so we should focus on the story and something more important. That's why the car will be easy to control. But we also have other features for the players to enjoy it, for the example; you can let the AI drives the car while you play with your camera and looking around the landscapes, this is not possible in other games because we're unique!"​

Source: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/about-the-car-final-fantasy-xv.5901/page-2#post-37641

So... we're never going to have control of the car at any point in the game? What about flying? Flying is harder than driving! Are we not going to be able to control that either?!

Furthermore, this implies that combat will always be easier than driving a car in a straight line, so that the game is accessible to everyone. What an awful answer

TheTux

So... we're never going to have control of the car at any point in the game? What about flying? Flying is harder than driving! Are we not going to be able to control that either?!

Furthermore, this implies that combat will always be easier than driving a car in a straight line, so that the game is accessible to everyone. What an awful answer

We will be able to control the car while flying... they even said that you'll get a Game Over if you fail to land.

xion4360

They aren't. Those soldiers in particular are the old magictek models.

AFAIK only officers are human .
I don't belive that the Imperial Riflemen are robots at all.. They move in a way that couldnt be robots. They talk and gesture, the stumble over, run all these things that the obvious magitek soldiers do not do. I think they are people with magitek enhancements like maybe robotic limbs or something. In the original versus trailer noctis stabs one of them and blood pours out, those soldiers are these soldiers with a redesign. That same ATR gave me the impression (for some reason) that general Glauca is also a magitek soldier yet he's not.

You have control over the car its just very limited, the airship will feel much more free but you still have to land on a road. Chocobo's are meant to give you the ability to ride around on the field and they are pretty fast too.

We will be able to control the car while flying... they even said that you'll get a Game Over if you fail to land.

I remember that. Which means the answer they gave is complete bullshit. Either that or flying (and landing) a car is somehow supposed to be easier than driving a car.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't belive that the Imperial Riflemen are robots at all.. They move in a way that couldnt be robots. They talk and gesture, the stumble over, run all these things that the obvious magitek soldiers do not do. I think they are people with magitek enhancements like maybe robotic limbs or something. In the original versus trailer noctis stabs one of them and blood pours out, those soldiers are these soldiers with a redesign. That same ATR gave me the impression (for some reason) that general Glauca is also a magitek soldier yet he's not.

Hold on, I need to refer to standard issue magitek robot design manual to see what they realistically can or can't do.

This was in the 50 min Gamescom video.

BHWkXX3.jpg

sappyday

Fan question:

Sun:

What a shitty reason.

Nya

Fan question:

Sun:

The driving limitation doesn't bother me much since the game isn't trying to be something like GTA or whatever, so I'll let it pass. However, it has to have a good flying system at least.

Anyway, after watching the video my hype level is over the charts, I am happy with what they are doing with the game despite the technical and performance issues. I mean, I hope they iron out all these problems by release date but I think its just a wishful thinking on my part, current gen consoles are just not good enough for the ambition and scale the game is going for and I think its wrong to compare it to games like The Witcher 3 as we can clearly see FFXV having a bigger scale overall. I am definitely looking forward for a PC release, I think that's the platform where FFXV can truly shine.

The voice acting is monumentally disappointing. It's terrible --and I'll get used to it-- but it's very disappointing and I'm wondering why they let it be like this.

Nya

How's that? He lacks pretty much every feature of Diablos. His element is also gravity, not fire.

Well, Tabata did state that some summons will have shocking designs so I wouldn't rule out
Diablos
just yet or
Ifrit
for that matter.

Asd202

Fan question:

Sun:

I'm sorry but this such BS just look at GTA V and the sales of that game. Also doesn't this confirm flying will be on rails too? Judging by the reason he gives it should be...

artsi

Well, Tabata did state that some summons will have shocking designs so I wouldn't rule out
Diablos
just yet or
Ifrit
for that matter.

Yeah, but changing design is different from changing the traditional summon elements completely.

Like always Ramuh is lightning, Shiva is ice, Titan is earth, Leviathan is water, so Diablos breaking the tradition and adopting Ifrit appearances + fire element seems funky.

Ran rp

I honestly don't care that the car can only be on the road. There's chocobo for all your off-road detour.

That still isn't the main issue. The linear path is fine and a good solution to the "nightmare" problem. The real issue is they went so far in the opposite direction that players are saying driving is an awful experience anyway.

DeSolos

Fan question:

Sun:

PR to Non PR translation:

"It would really ruin our game design if the car could go anywhere. There would be too many edge cases to handle because we didn't design the game from the beginning with a freeroaming car in mind. As such our world is generally not friendly for car travel.

There are also many technical reasons that this would be a nightmare. It's not like we didn't try though. Look at TGS 2014's trailer. Unfortunately at some point we determined it to be unfeasible... I'm sorry T.T.

Enjoy flying though! There are a lot less edge cases up there."

Ran rp

"It would really ruin our game design if the car could go anywhere. There would be too many edge cases to handle because we didn't design the game from the beginning with a freeroaming car in mind. As such our world is generally not friendly for car travel.

There are also many technical reasons that this would be a nightmare. It's not like we didn't try though. Look at TGS 2014's trailer. Unfortunately at some point it was determined to be unfeasible... I'm sorry T.T.

this too lol

I think it's weird they made a focus on the car and the road trip and then added other forms of transport that involve abandoning the car.

I understand why Chocobos are there, but taking a passenger train, or a ferry - you'd think they'd at least make it one of those car ferries or a car transporter train like the Chunnel to emphasise the "fifth member of the party" thing.

DeSolos

I think it's weird they made a focus on the car and the road trip and then added other forms of transport that involve abandoning the car.

I understand why Chocobos are there, but taking a passenger train, or a ferry - you'd think they'd at least make it one of those car ferries or a car transporter train like the Chunnel to emphasise the "fifth member of the party" thing.

At some point they have to drive over a bridge that collapses and the car flings them over to the other side as it falls into the ravine below. Sad music plays. It's a real tear jerker.

JBwB

We don't know if that won't be the case though. Evidence suggests that we'll be taking the car along for those rides as well.

Nya

Yeah, but changing design is different from changing the traditional summon elements completely.

Like always Ramuh is lightning, Shiva is ice, Titan is earth, Leviathan is water, so Diablos breaking the tradition and adopting Ifrit appearances + fire element seems funky.

Could be related to some story plot or something, I don't know I wouldn't rule out that possibility. Though deep down I hope its not a summon that they're fighting, I am hoping for someone else.

KupoNut

There are also many technical reasons that this would be a nightmare. It's not like we didn't try though. Look at TGS 2014's trailer. Unfortunately at some point we determined it to be unfeasible... I'm sorry T.T.

He knows what's up.

Why do none of the NPCs stare at noctis, since he is a prince i thought he'd be more of a bif deal in these cities and small gas stations. Here in the UK if the prince was out and about there would be news camera crews everywhere and paparazzi.

Not saying there should be all that but maybe NPCs should at least acknowledge him.

Why do none of the NPCs stare at noctis, since he is a prince i thought he'd be more of a bif deal in these cities and small gas stations. Here in the UK if the prince was out and about there would be news camera crews everywhere and paparazzi.

Not saying there should be all that but maybe NPCs should at least acknowledge him.

Theres a clip of them riding the gondola in Altissia where people recognize him and he waves back I think.

kurahador

Would there be a backlash if they come out with this answer?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Its annoying because they go back after they are already on the road in Hammerhead and then they leave again after like 5 seconds from a Cor phone call. They could have just gotten a Cor phone call in their hotel room and continued on their journey instead of going all the way back to the gates of Insomnia
Wouldn't such a place be a great moment from a game design perspective to introduce the stealth mechanic.

Top Bottom