• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV aiming for 60FPS/1080p on PS4 Pro | UP - dated Feb 21st

Izuna

Banned
Damnit, now I want a pro again...

Do we expect Scorpio to get a similar update actually? Or will this be another ZoE scenario

ethomaz

Banned
If the translation I read was correct, they admitted that it isn't 60fps 100% of the time, but it should be pretty close to that.
I guess they got smooth 60fps on linear parts but the open world parts and big boss battles suffers below that.

But that speculation of my part.

Arioco

Do you have a link for this stream?

Also will it 1080p/60 FPS mode be in Lite Mode or HQ Mode?

Sorry dude, I don't. I would've posted it too if I did, but... :-(

And of course, as I understand it, 1080p@60fps will be only in Lite mode, since High doesn't even run at 1080p to begin with, it's 3200x1800 (checkerboard, not native, but anyway it's well above 1080p with some enhancements, so 60 fps in this mode is out of the question, don't count on it).

Sorry dude, I don't. I would've posted too if I did, but... :-(

And of course, as I understand it, 1080p@60fps will be only in Lite mode, since High doesn't even run at 1080p to begin with, it's 3200x1800 (checkerboard, not native, but anyway it's well above 1080p with some enhancements, so 60 fps in this mode is out of the question, don't count on it).

I meant High Quality Mode (which has improved graphics) could be displayed in 1080p in 60 FPS on the PS4 PRO, no need to be in higher resolution: just the maximum details in 1080p @ 60 FPS would be optimal.

Btw, here is the stream link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgp50lmfq0

AmyS

At last!!! Coming on February 21st. Will it be true this time?

C3p-yxuUYAAzqhE.jpg

God damn I totally missed this news. That's awesome.

I bought it launch but only played about 2 hours. Glad I waited before really getting far.

Tell me, who's just learning of this Friday night like me? :D

Halabane

Oh wow. Kudos to Squenix if they manage that.

Great! After everyone is done playing the game and moved on! Yeah SE!! Let the players who are buying for less than half price get the full effect game!! YEAH SE!!! Thank you so much!! Glad I bought at release and played a 100 hours!! YEAH!!

Oh wait.

Fuck.

DieH@rd

Banned
60fps patch is apparently out, it replaces the old "nicely framepaced 30fps" Lite preset.

Can anyone give impression of how the game runs?

Top Bottom