• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligan

Banned
I'm not a big FF fan but was blown away by the trailer. I havn't really been following the info however, is it still going to be open world like the city gameplay shown in 2011? Any news one whether it's going to be 2013 or 2014?

Grinchy

Banned
I have assumed so strongly that this game was vaporware that I was at the point of getting annoyed when people brought it up. That new footage looked quite awesome, though.

I47SAfD.jpg

stabwound

Neo Member
I'm honestly shocked that people are so overwhelmingly positive about this. I actually laughed when I realized it was a mainline FF game knowing the series is lost and never going be be back.

This looks like a straight up action game. FF14 is an MMORPG and FF15 is an action game with RPG elements. It's safe to say that this series is long past its glory years and the extreme excitement here is bewildering to me.

Kisaya

I didn't have the chance to comment last night but oh my godddddddddddddd was it amazing to finally see FFXV. I had friends who were betting that Square wasn't going to show that much of it, but I always believed. Literally was screaming as the trailer was going by. 7-8 years have I waited? So good. <3 Glad they changed it to FFXV because I'm so excited that we're finally getting a mainline FF game that is action RPG. I'm hoping we see more during TGS with a release date.

I need high res photos of all the portraits now ; ;

I'm honestly shocked that people are so overwhelmingly positive about this. I actually laughed when I realized it was a mainline FF game knowing the series is lost and never going be be back.

This looks like a straight up action game. FF14 is an MMORPG and FF15 is an action game with RPG elements. It's safe to say that this series is long past its glory years and the extreme excitement here is bewildering to me.

Good. I'm glad they're done with menu based combat, and I bet every other mainline FF game will have action RPG gameplay.

Yes it's sad but I'm particularly ecstatic.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't care about the articles, but they have to at least put out a good quality version of the trailer soon.

It's like publishers want their games to look the worst they possibly could.

Forbiden

I just got the updates on my Facebook feed from Square Enix. Apparently both this(FFXV) and KHIII are "now" in development for PS4....and Xbox One. So that's that.

If they're going to make it multiplatform they should also put it on ps3. What the showed doesn't look anything beyond the ps3's abilities.

HeelPower

It probably still has all the other elements like open world, cars, airships. They just focused on the action for this trailer.

So much this...and I dunno if anyone remembers but there were some REALLY action heavy epic set pieces in FF8 , 9 , 10 and 12...The game is gonna be a big open world rpg..This is just to impress the crowd.Its not gonna be on rails shooter.

Dinda

I'm actually really dissapointed by this. I never did get the versus Hype, but i thought it was ok because it was a spinoff and not a numbered title.

But as a numbered Final Fantasy? That is absolutely not what i'm lookning for. The trailer does look great yes, but i really want a turn based game a main FF Title.

And what i absolutely hate is the "Party" If the party is really those 5 guys on the poster, than i'm really dissapointed. For me that is one of the most important things an FF Games, the diverse party, i rarely like the main characters in FF games, so it is really important for me that there is a bit of variation in the other party members.

But here? Not a single female? only guys all the same age, and everyone super cool? I know there are more characters, but the poster implies that this is the main party. Urgh.

HeelPower

I'm actually really dissapointed by this. I never did get the versus Hype, but i thought it was ok because it was a spinoff and not a numbered title.

But as a numbered Final Fantasy? That is absolutely not what i'm lookning for. The trailer does look great yes, but i really want a turn based game a main FF Title.

And what i absolutely hate is the "Party" If the party is really those 5 guys on the poster, than i'm really dissapointed. For me that is one of the most important things an FF Games, the diverse party, i rarely like the main characters in FF games, so it is really important for me that there is a bit of variation in the other party members.

But here? Not a single female? only guys all the same age, and everyone super cool? I know there are more characters, but the poster implies that this is the main party. Urgh.

there are two females in the cast (so far).

This entire generation was headed by female characters (Lightning,Serah,Fang,Vanille) Males had no real roles or impact on the overall plot.

Action gameplay with ability to teleport anywhere via sword, realistic dark fantasy world and character designs and huge open world are not things to complain about.

I am personally very ready for quality action gameplay. Witcher 2 and Souls series showed me that action can gameplay can be tactical and brilliant.

You really don't need to be disappointed.Especially since more details will be revealed later apart from this trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom