• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV EGX Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

BTW, the new grass got back their specular shaders from the 2014 tech demo vid. Makes a huge difference.

bSbc.png

CtmaPJlWEAAV19O.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
A locked 1080p with extra AA for Pro would be wonderful in addition to the 4K mode, and increased sample count on the motion blur would also be nice.

I hope they don't just go the checkerboard and nothing else route, but if they are determined to just get the game out the door in the best condition possible on the OG consoles and don't have too much time for Pro then that's understandable.

But checkerboard rendered supersampling to 1080p TV's would give far higher IQ than any extra 1080p mode with better AA could give, cause with 1080p res, your still rendering the same amount of pixels, just eliminating jaggies for the most part, and a lot of that is imperfect for different parts of the environment depending on the AA you use.

Tyaren

I hope they don't just go the checkerboard and nothing else route, but if they are determined to just get the game out the door in the best condition possible on the OG consoles and don't have too much time for Pro then that's understandable.

Perfectly understandable. It also was, before I decided to afford the PS4 Pro, the approach that I hoped they were taking. Make use of 4K checkerboard rendering + HDR for the tech enthusiasts...but not making the vast majority of players feel like they have to settle for a significantly inferior version on the consoles that the game was actually intended for by enhancing the graphics on Pro too much.

pop in is the absolute worst thing in existence for graphics

For me it is missing anisotropic filtering. Hate when everything turns to slush just a few metres away. D:

benzy

The game was sent off to certification yesterday, meaning the disc version Tabata wants has all of the improvements he delayed the game for. They essentially have 2 extra months to work on the Pro version assuming the day1 patch for base PS4 will be pretty minimal.

LowParry

Man...the improvements got me all excited for the game again. Hype hype hype. Now for just a little more wait. Almost there.

Wireframe

The game was sent off to certification yesterday, meaning the disc version Tabata wants has all of the improvements he delayed the game for. They essentially have 2 extra months to work on the Pro version assuming the day1 patch for base PS4 will be pretty minimal.

Surely it's more that had they not delayed, the game would had to have been certified 2 months ago?

The best thing about this is that we won't get anymore delays, unless something like what caused the last Uncharted 4 delay happens with FF XV.

Ran rp

sub 30fps in games with a lot of camera movement is the worst. even a solid 30 can look awful in motion without good motion blur.

I don't want them as they are useless. The PR has no idea how to even take proper screenshots and the dynamic resolution doesn't help.

stream captures aren't any better

benzy

Surely it's more that had they not delayed, the game would had to have been certified 2 months ago?

It would have been sent to certification 1-2 months ago but they would have needed a huge day 1 patch to be released yesterday with all of the improvements, which Tabata wanted to avoid. The data-lock disc version from yesterday, the original release date, has all of the improvements that was going to be in the big day 1 patch. I think they're still doing some small bug fixes now until release but it's nothing major, and the day 1 patch should be small since that's what the delay was for.

Ran rp

I think gameplay, graphics (art), and audio will receive high praise but the writing and voice acting are going to kill the meta. I don't see it breaking 90.

here comes drbretto

Tyaren

BTW, the new grass got back their specular shaders from the 2014 tech demo vid. Makes a huge difference.

bSbc.png

CtmaPJlWEAAV19O.jpg

I wonder if there will also be some nice little touches like pollen flying in the air, or leaves or butterflies.

406905866-pollen-small-town-dusk-flying-flight.jpg

We've seen that way back in tech demos but nothing of that sort in the last couple of years in the actual game. Nice touches like that do so mch for the overall atmosphere. Absolutely loved it in Toussaint (The Witcher 3).

Ran rp

why would we get more threads about cidney

luna and this will probably be more controversial

During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless, with breasts that lack discernible details (i.e., no nipples)

LowParry

PSY・S;218751410 said:
why would we get more threads about cidney

luna and this will probably be more controversial

Well. Luna falls into the Versus group with Stella. The horse is dead and it will continue to get beat forever.

Cidney. Well. Need I say more? What spills into a more controversy topic?

artsi

Based Tabata('s programmers) and Luminous. I always believed they can get it looking good in the last stretches of optimization.

If the game is great nobody won't care about cidney

Lol

Based Tabata('s programmers) and Luminous. I always believed they can get it looking good in the last stretches of optimization.
I didn't believe at all, always thought it would be a good game much technical wise I thought it would be a lil shaky

Ran rp

Well. Luna falls into the Versus group with Stella. The horse is dead and it will continue to get beat forever.

Cidney. Well. Need I say more? What spills into a more controversy topic?

Cidney's old news. Unless the handling of her character is worse in the final game I think we're spent on topics about her.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
On the contrary, Cidney will get more topics because more people will have been paying attention to the final product as opposed to the unfinished game, and will be making comments about whether or not their suspicions pre launch were confirmed about her in regards to the narrative. That will be the same for Luna and any other characters as well.

Also, i don't think there's any real concern about the topless lady stuff, that's just shiva and the magical summons scanlity clad ness, and cidney

So, does everyone by now think this was indeed regular PS4 footage?

final-fantasy-xv-75234.jpg

final-fantasy-xv-75232.jpg

Also, remember when we talked about this scene and many thought it was the pro version, among other things because of the additional vegetation on the hills?

In this regular PS4 footage (PS Access stream) these additional little bushes are there too:

https://youtu.be/27_V04Wlur0?t=25m58s

Do you think these two pictures are better than this?

7eb6jAw.jpg

If you don't, then yes, it's possible it's the regular ps4 version.

Tyaren

Do you think these two pictures are better than this?

7eb6jAw.jpg

If you don't, then yes, it's possible it's the regular ps4 version.

I'm asking you guys. ;) I said from the very first moment on in the TGS trailer thread this was PS4 footage. 90% of Neogaf didn't think so.

Also, if it is true that the Pro version will just have a higher res and nothing else then both versions basically look the same anyway (except IQ of course). ;)

I'm asking you guys. ;) I said from the very first moment on in the TGS trailer thread this was PS4 footage. 90% of Neogaf didn't think so.

I'm not surprised. When Sony released the Horizon trailer 2 days before E3 many people were screaming "PRO VERSION FOR SURE!". Then Sony revealed the next day that they wouldn't be talking about the Ps4 pro at E3.

Ran rp

The game is huge and I don't think Cidney will be that important. People will have tons of other stuff to talk about.

Also, i don't think there's any real concern about the topless lady stuff, that's just shiva and the magical summons scanlity clad ness, and cidney

If that was the case I think it'd be written like this.

Type-0 said:
During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted in outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage and jiggling breasts.

Pretty sure that's referring to humanoid monsters like Ariadne.

The first thing that came into my mind was that spider lady. I can never remember the name. Didn't think it was worth putting into the ESRB description though.

PSY・S;218754437 said:

Hmm, you might be right - but if they're not talking about monsters.... Plot twist, Luna has athelia, and only her personal strength and fortitude allow her to live a normal life. But... When Noct finds out, will he still be able to see her as all woman?

Heh. I still think the nippleless breasts are on monsters. It would just be too weird on one of the human characters with this degree of visual realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom