• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV is about 50-60% complete - Tabata

I don't even know what to say about this. 50-60% complete after all this time? What in the hell is actually happening at Square Enix?

This game isn't going to be good, is it?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
YEAH! I know Eidos staff was not part of FF games. But that doesnt mean Eidos did not pressure SE to use existing game gathering dust called VS to make XV? Why was VS not just XV in the first place? Have u asked yurself that as yet? Why did VS becum XV years later? What changed? The answer is there if your willing to find it.

Eidos is owned by SE. Eidos cannot possibly tell Se Japan what to do. They're not equals in a merger agreement. Eidos got ate up. In fact there isn't any Eidos left anymore, just SE's western studios.

*~~Not everything is what is seems ~~*

If you played enough FF you would know what I mena ;)

Think about it like this: Do you consider Respawn Inifinity Ward games real CoD games or those by treyarch? Easy right? Only infinity ward games are real CoD. Just because treyarch and Activision slap on a title doesnt make it real.

Is dark Soul 2 real sequel or is Bloodborne? Easy right? Bloodborne is real sequel. There will always be B team and A team. Dark Soul 2 could not become actual successor. We all know.

Dark Souls 2 is Dark Souls 2 no matter what you say dear. Just like how Bloodborne isn't Dark Souls and isn't Demons' Soul.

Biker19

Banned
My guess is that they scrapped the game engine/logic in 2012 and kept the assets. Basically they started from scratch while using CG and other assets from the "old game" which was in a limbo.

Kinda feels like Versus and TLG shared the same fate of director vision vs. technology; PS3 wasn't powerful enough.

They switched consoles and no longer are working on the cell and had much more resources to use now. That would change the design of the game and they also most likely had to rework the assets for their game.

To imply that they are in a good working position or percentage after switching to a console that has a different architecture and standard for visual fidelity is just baseless.

IMO, I'm glad it's happening. PS4 is a lot more powerful than PS3 is, & is much easier to develop for than PS3.

Rising_Hei

Yea.. I don't buy that for one second. If we see the game at all in 2016 I'll be surprised. 2017 is a safer bet, and even then I wouldn't bet on it being out by then.

Considering the demo comes out early next year... i'd say fall 2015 or at the beginning of the 2016 :)

Elios83

I don't even know what to say about this. 50-60% complete after all this time? What in the hell is actually happening at Square Enix?

This game isn't going to be good, is it?

You should read the thead,
Short story, Versus died in 2012 as Nomura struggled with his vision and the limitations of the old gen hardware, Tabata was asked to make FFXV for next gen consoles from its ashes. They're basically keeping the story, characters and the assets but the game has 2 years of actual development under the new direction as FFXV.

Ishida

Banned
You should read the thead,
Short story, Versus died in 2012 as Nomura struggled with his vision and the limitations of the old gen hardware, Tabata was asked to make FFXV for next gen consoles from its ashes. They're basically keeping the story, characters and the assets but the game has 2 years of actual development under the new direction as FFXV.

And they are also keeping most of the ideas for the gameplay. From what've seen, I'd say FFXV is 96% Versus XIII, and 4% consisting of a new battle sytem.

Seems kind of underwhelming and low given the length of the game's development. Fall 2015 at the very earliest. 2016 more probable.

ec0ec0

I wonder what the completion status of The Last Guardian is?

we have already played that game. Its just that we dont know yet.

I read on GAF that, once we have the playstation 9, we will discover that it has time traveling features. We will go back in time, and we will play the game on its original release date. But dont tell anyone.

(i did read that!! i am not making it up)

Squire

Banned
Seems too much to ask for the next 40% in 12 months. Gonna be a long wait.

It's actually perfectly reasonable. These percentages are meaningless, but if the game is content complete in terms of assets, they probably really don't have too much longer to go.

HeelPower

I guess ideally they would need two more years to release the game.

But maybe the first 50% is a lot harder than the second 50% because its about actually coming up with the game at hand where as the rest is implementing it and refining it.

Idk.

Squire

Banned
I guess ideally they would need two more years to release the game.

But maybe the first 50% is a lot harder than the second 50% because its about actually coming up with the game at hand where as the rest is implementing it and refining it.

Idk.

They wouldn't. Development doesn't move predictably in a straight like like that. Them being at ~55% after ~2 years doesn't mean anything without further context and doesn't at all indicate it'll be in production for two more years. If anything, it'll be less than that.

pszet0

Banned
They said sometime in August that Type-0 was 80% done and that's coming out in 7 months. So judging from that time frame XV should be out in about a year and 2 months just in time for December 2015! WHOOO!!!

HeelPower

They wouldn't. Development doesn't move predictably in a straight like like that. Them being at ~55% after ~2 years doesn't mean anything without further context and doesn't at all indicate it'll be in production for two more years. If anything, it'll be less than that.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Its probably not a linear process and the second half is the easier or smoother part.Hopefully.

Squire

Banned
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Its probably not a linear process and the second half is the easier or smoother part.Hopefully.

Yep. Things often come together in the last four months of production. The biggest, longest process is asset creation. Of they have most of their world/models/art done and the story is more or less ready, they really shouldn't have too much longer to go. Certainly not two years. Not when a demo is coming out.

HeelPower

Yep. Things often come together in the last four months of production. The biggest, longest process is asset creation. Of they have most of their world/models/art done and the story is more or less ready, they really shouldn't have too much longer to go. Certainly not two years. Not when a demo is coming out.

Fingers crossed.

Well, that's the point. They already said that they worked primarilly on the parts that they showed in the trailer, the first part of the game, but that later parts haven't been worked on as much. So the trailer isn't very indicative of their overall progress.

Sanpunkan

We've been hearing Japanese VO for Versus/XV since the Jan. 2011 trailer at least. Is it normal for voices to be recorded so early in the development? If no, what is the normal timeframe before release when VO is recorded for RPG-type games? Wonder why they started so early this time.

I don't care when its released anymore. I just hope it amazing when it comes out.

I don't care if it innovates, I just want to be engaged fully. I need feel compelled to finish the game, and want to play it again. Just make me feel good.

Top Bottom