• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Rpgmonkey

Chose to skip the tutorial and the demo froze on the loading screen for me. Great first impression! lol

A little annoyed and tired so I'll just play it tomorrow.

Samimista

Just did my first mobhunt and bought some of the soundtracks for the Regalia.

I'm loving every single song I'm hearing in this game so far.

Looking forward to the soundtrack, I need it.

Yeah, I've already been driving so much in the demo just to listen to the songs, lol.

Venom Fox

Banned
So there's quite a big difference between high quality mode and lightweight mode.

Much higher quality AA, texture loading, lighting, colours etc.

Only played a little bit so far, but the game is really pretty. The hair aliasing is weird, I see it in cutscenes and dialogue sequences, but in gameplay even when not in combat I don't see it.
So there's quite a big difference between high quality mode and lightweight mode.

Much higher quality AA, texture loading, lighting, colours etc.

Wait, what are these two modes? Is High Quality mode for PS4 Pro?

But as is, there's no timed button presses. Does dodge rolling come into play later as something useful, versus just holding down dodge and having Noctis dash out of the way automatically?

Keep in mind that the demo is locked on 'easy' difficulty. That may have something to do with the automated feeling that is bothering you.

Only played a little bit so far, but the game is really pretty. The hair aliasing is weird, I see it in cutscenes and dialogue sequences, but in gameplay even when not in combat I don't see it.

Wait, what are these two modes? Is High Quality mode for PS4 Pro
?

untill someone with a regular ps4 checks to see if the option can be selected we dont know im on pro.

Judging from the trailer at the end of the demo
it looks like the kings of old will be the new "Knights Of The Round" summon - and I am absolutely, totally fucking okay with that!!

Hajime Tabata, you're going to deliver buddy, I just know it.

Venom Fox

Banned
What are the options for those?

Wait, what are these two modes? Is High Quality mode for PS4 Pro?
In settings, the bottom option under HDR is called Image quality according to Google translate.

In that option there's to settings to be toggled called lightweight and High quality.
High quality is a big improvement.

What's the best way to get screens and upload from mobile?

LordKasual

Banned
Welp, this demo's certainly turned me away from the game.

The combat's nowhere near as good as it looked when watching those previews of the opening of the game.

Looks good, but is uninteresting to actually play. Hold one button down for dodge/parry. Hold another down for attack. And here I didn't think the combat could get worse than basic turn-based combat.

Everything feels so automated.

I've been playing for just over 60 minutes and i've almost gotten completely decimated twice now, just by wondering around

This game just freaking FF12'd me. I am loving this so much lol

HotHamBoy

Me right now
6XQKp8Y.gif

This is upsetting.

B00TE

This demo is pretty awesome. Feels a lot better than the Duscae demo, which I replayed again recently. The delays looked to have really helped the game, I'm really hyped now.

JayBabay

In settings, the bottom option under HDR is called Image quality according to Google translate.

In that option there's to settings to be toggled called lightweight and High quality.

Is this a PS4 Pro only feature, or are you using a regular PS4 to access it?

LowParry

Welp, this demo's certainly turned me away from the game.

The combat's nowhere near as good as it looked when watching those previews of the opening of the game.

Looks good, but is uninteresting to actually play. Hold one button down for dodge/parry. Hold another down for attack. And here I didn't think the combat could get worse than basic turn-based combat.

Everything feels so automated.

Welcome to easy mode buddy :D

untill someone with a regular ps4 checks to see if the option can be selected we dont know im on pro.

I'm on a regular PS4, there is no option under HDR, so that's definitely a Pro thing.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is so incredibly surreal. I'm literally in tears.

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

Yes, this is my explicit confirmation. I worked on the music of FFXV.

Just finished.

Stuff I enjoyed:
-I don't seem to have had any framedrops remotely like what the last demo gave me.
-The JPN VA seems pretty solid to my foreign ears.
-Cinematica look really, really pretty.
-Car customization is a cool little addition to make the car more "yours."
-Flipping through old OSTs is great, and I can see myself getting quite addicted to finding them.
-Similarly, the music is indeed pretty great throughout the game.

Stuff I didn't love:
-The game generally looks good, but a few things like the hair and some random textures do look noticeably poor in spots. There's a lot of blurriness too
-I seem to have gotten a glitch where the enemy notification would not go away even when I camped, which was incredibly annoying.
-It's obviously only the beginning, but the open world is incredibly devoid of anything that interests me in terms of exploring the landscape.
-Combat still does nothing for me. I don't care about the excuse that it's the first chapter, a game should be able to interest me from the get-go. I don't see a higher difficulty changing my mind that much either.

Overall the demo doesn't really move my interest up or down that much. I think I will however be canceling my steelbook edition and going with the normal copy. No reason to waste a few more dollars on a game I'm still pretty tepid on

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

And its fucking amazing.

sappyday

Proud of you Falk!

Caim

Option menu translation

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5ccezt/ffxv_judgement_disc_rough_translation_of_menu/

You're incredible.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Thank you, Falk. You did fantastically.

Samimista

We're all proud of you, Falk. :)

Falk-sama great work man

Mailbox

love ya, falk :)
good work

Roubjon

I'm saving this beautiful moment for when I play the game on Nov 30. Awesome job man.

Downloading now. This might take awhile. One chapter is 13 GB's. I wonder how many chapters are on the full version. Could this be the largest game of the generation if 1 chapter is 13GB's?

Top Bottom