• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Tecl0n

Quick question, anything worthwhile missable? Cause i was doing some of the hunts and sidequests and they seem to overtake the story req lvl far too quick, thinking about postponing some of them.

Quick question, anything worthwhile missable? Cause i was doing some of the hunts and sidequests and they seem to overtake the story req lvl far too quick, thinking about postponing some of them.

A lot of the optional dungeons and hunts are really fantastic. But they can all be taken on in the post game. It won't lock you out of the content if you go too far. There are sections where it won't let you take on that stuff, but nothing will permanently lock you out of content.

Lum1n3s

This timed quest.... dear lord. Level 140... no wonder it gives you a shit ton of Gil. I'm filthy rich like the king I'm supposed to be though mwuahaha.

Ingeniero

Kenny crow is sitting in multiple outposts.
Can't remember which exactly. Know for sure he's in the one straight after hammerhead
Thanks, this helped. I can use items again.
What a weird hotfix tho, LOL.
I killed the giant Cabbages yesterday, the timed quest, nice reward.
Too bad I'll miss the new one, only until 20/03.... I'm back from work site on the 23 oh well :(

Feels good to be back in the game after a break, 108 hours in and counting.

Someday I'll beat A menace in Costlemark....
Also someday I'll get the landing right and finally get to Pitioss.

Cheers.

Whoa @ this LVL140 hunt.

Took me 2 real-time hours, 3 in-game days I think as it was switching from night time to day time a couple of times. 51 Phoenix Downs, 37 Potions. I equipped Ice Crests but still I was getting obliterated @ LVL 99. Most of the time my guys were getting hit with 9999 Damage. One his attack = one of my guys is dead that's why you see higher PD usage than Potions. He was literally OHKO'ing my party.

Jesus. Christ. How can you beat him w/o dying once?

I am now sitting on 3M Gil and 2000 AP so that's that.

Just finished the game. First FF I've beat since ff fucking 12, honestly. The characters eventually grew on me, but goddamn chapter 13 took out a lot of goodwill towards the game. Way toooo long.

Joei

So I beat the game last night. Wow, what a ride, clocked in just over a hundred hours and still have tons of stuff to do. I don't know if I'll get to play the game much anymore though, just bought a Switch and Zelda is on its way. I might play for a few tonight though, as I was rolling along on the hunts and ran into the buzzsaw that is old denizens of the woods. I mean, it's a buzzsaw to me in that I have no freaking idea how to kill them. I spent almost zero time on magic through the game and the attack method is lol. It's the hunt that made me finally finish the game.

As for the game, it was fun, but I wish it had more interior areas, and while the caves were nice, they seemed a bit samey after a while. And not sure what happened with the story. I enjoyed the characters though.

ratsuki

Whoa @ this LVL140 hunt.

Took me 2 real-time hours, 3 in-game days I think as it was switching from night time to day time a couple of times. 51 Phoenix Downs, 37 Potions. I equipped Ice Crests but still I was getting obliterated @ LVL 99. Most of the time my guys were getting hit with 9999 Damage. One his attack = one of my guys is dead that's why you see higher PD usage than Potions. He was literally OHKO'ing my party.

Jesus. Christ. How can you beat him w/o dying once?

I am now sitting on 3M Gil and 2000 AP so that's that.

Eat Lasagna al Forno man. I sat here in glee when the behemoth cast blizzaga but my guys were like "meh, invulnerable." His physical attack inflicts high damage but still manageable with elixirs and mega-potions (thanks to cactuars and marlboros I have a bunch of those). Put him in Break state + some blindside attacks and he goes down in 15 minutes or so.

Fighting this Behemoth is more fun, but Naglfar still takes the cake for kicking my ass the most.

Eat Lasagna al Forno man. I sat here in glee when the behemoth cast blizzaga but my guys were like "meh, invulnerable." His physical attack inflicts high damage but still manageable with elixirs and mega-potions (thanks to cactuars and marlboros I have a bunch of those). Put him in Break state + some blindside attacks and he goes down in 15 minutes or so.

Fighting this Behemoth is more fun, but Naglfar still takes the cake for kicking my ass the most.

It's ok I have it done; no need to repeat. I've read some strats and they're all based on Chocobros being dead all the time and Noctis using Ragnarok a Sword which I do not even have.

I know in the Patch Trailer they showed this Ice Behemoth and some hunt with like 6 Giant Serpents at the same time. That's gonna be NASTY.

It's bullshit that their timed. I hate that. They should be permanent, not timed.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I get that they want people to engage with the game every week, but it just punishes people who have other obligations.

I hope there's a way to replay the ones you missed later on.

flkraven

Just got this game, going to start it in the next few days. No spoilers, but I just had a few questions before I get started.

I heard there was a movie or something, should I be watching that first?
I downloaded that free game 'A King's Tale' thing, should I play that first?
Are there any patches coming super soon that I should wait for? I heard they were patching in story stuff, but I don't want to wait around too long.

Thanks!

Just got this game, going to start it in the next few days. No spoilers, but I just had a few questions before I get started.

Are there any patches coming super soon that I should wait for? I heard they were patching in story stuff, but I don't want to wait around too long.

Thanks!

watch the movie then the anime if possible
as for king's tale, it's a spin off anyways, so it's ok to play it any time

Thanks!

Movie is supplementary, but is beneficial. If you already have it, I would. If not, it's pretty cheap. The anime, Brotherhood, is also FREE on YouTube, so I would watch a bit of that too. It's just five episodes and only about 15 minutes long with each episode. So It can be knocked out in an hour.

A King's Tale does not need to be played first. Play that whenever you want. It does not affect the main story in any way.

A new patch is coming March 28th adding things and sprucing up Chapter 13. You can wait for that as it's only a week and a half away, but if you can't no harm. They are adding story scenes and some gameplay to this section of the game.

Sioul

Not sure if already posted:

Achievement list for Episode Gladiolus

• Picker-Upper
    Picked up all items.
  • Column Colossus
    Uprooted all columns.
  • Master and Pupil
    Performed 5 link-strikes with Cor.
  • Shield of the Chosen King
    Completed the trials on Normal.
  • No Pain, No Gain
    Scored 500,000 or more points in Score Attack.
  • A New Blademaster
    Scored 1,000,000 or more points in Score Attack.

STORY SPOILERS
    Secret Achievements
  • Transcendence
    Defeated Cor.
    STORY SPOILERS

flkraven

Movie is supplementary, but is beneficial. If you already have it, I would. If not, it's pretty cheap. The anime, Brotherhood, is also FREE on YouTube, so I would watch a bit of that too. It's just five episodes and only about 15 minutes long with each episode. So It can be knocked out in an hour.

A King's Tale does not need to be played first. Play that whenever you want. It does not affect the main story in any way.

A new patch is coming March 28th adding things and sprucing up Chapter 13. You can wait for that as it's only a week and a half away, but if you can't no harm. They are adding story scenes and some gameplay to this section of the game.

Perfect! Watching the movie tonight, will watch anime this week and will start playing on the 28th.

So I'm about to embark on the final mission (i think). I need to level up though. Noct is 44, others are 41-40. Where's a good place to level up in Lucis?

Chase17

So I'm about to embark on the final mission (i think). I need to level up though. Noct is 44, others are 41-40. Where's a good place to level up in Lucis?
You should be high enough level. At the beginning of the final mission there is one really high level monster that might make you think your not ready, but you can run past it.

Not sure if already posted:

Achievement list for Episode Gladiolus

• Picker-Upper
    Picked up all items.
  • Column Colossus
    Uprooted all columns.
  • Master and Pupil
    Performed 5 link-strikes with Cor.
  • Shield of the Chosen King
    Completed the trials on Normal.
  • No Pain, No Gain
    Scored 500,000 or more points in Score Attack.
  • A New Blademaster
    Scored 1,000,000 or more points in Score Attack.

STORY SPOILERS
    Secret Achievements
  • Transcendence
    Defeated Cor.
    STORY SPOILERS

Cool. Some new trophies for FFXV. Was afraid they might not do it.

You should be okay at that level. But if you're heart's set on grinding a bit more, I would recommend doing hunts and dungeons to get a healthy amount of experience and cash it all in Altissia.

Now that I've maxed out the Ascension grid, my need for it to be vastly expanded is even more intense. Probably the least interesting ability system FF has had ever, so it'd be very nice to see it improved.

LordKasual

Banned
Now that I've maxed out the Ascension grid, my need for it to be vastly expanded is even more intense. Probably the least interesting ability system FF has had ever, so it'd be very nice to see it improved.

Im hoping they do an FFX/XII style grid rework in the future.

I feel like this game would heavily benefit from 2 different ascension grids, one for action-game players and one for wait-mode players.

Also:

Something that bugged me about the release version of FFXV is that you cannot airstep with any of the royal arms, something you could do in the Platinum Demo at least. I really hope they reverse that in the future.

LordKasual

Banned
Yo seriously

Whoever complained about the 60 FPS patch on Lite mode being bad LIED

This game looks, performs and plays so much better now that it isn't even funny, even if it isn't at constant 60

Edit:

Just beat the Dread Behemoth

Ultimately pretty easy for me. I have like 30-50 Elixirs, Hi Potions and Megalixirs from doing the endgame dungeons, so there was really nothing surprising. Being stocked on items pretty much makes you invincible in this game.

Yes. You have to max everyone's skills.

IMO it's not so bad if you do a little fishing between hunts/other activities. Much better then doing it all at once.

ignis and noctis are the ones at lvl4 , i've to work out for them
it might be simple, but because i'm at ch9-10 i want to rush things but i'm still doing side quests

Lightning

Banned
My main reason for fishing was for the food to cook at camps. Fish provide some of the best dishes until late game when they are not that useful anymore but I used them constantly during chapters 3-8 and leveled up my fishing by default as a result.

Top Bottom