• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Chapter 2 started while "The Rebel Army" from FFII was playing on the car and the pals talking about the news. Fantastic haha.

Game is ok so far, spending too much time on hunts I think. Too many loading screens -_-

Chun-Li

Soo I did that character bug where
Aranea joins you forever
. I have a few more post-game dungeons to go. Curious what the chances of this being patched out are...

and if there are consequences lol >_<

So when can I raise the maximum amount of elements? Magic is so damn devistating even at the -ra level I'm very excited for -aga spells. Currently in the middle of chapter 3 level 41.

LiK

I think it's a fairly common issue, but it's hard not to be concerned about my PS4 Pro when this happens in every single battle.

In Chapter 6 and still trying to optimize the percentage of doing-interesting-stuff time in this game. I'd pay money to hold multiple hunts at once!

I get a similar glitch on base PS4 whenever I use Ignis tech. Less so with the other bros but it happens occasionally. Seemed to happen more in some areas than others.

Hydrus

I'm always having lighting issues during cut scenes. It gets super dark. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix?

Manu

And Platinum get. Took 73 hours. Fuuuck Gladio's Survival trophy though. I ended up running from Hammerhead to Lestallum to do a fishing quest, that did the trick. That quest also took Noctis to Fishing level 10. At that point all I had to do was camp again immediately and cook for one last time and bam, Ignis was lvl 10 too.

Just got to chapter 10 and I'm loving this game.I don't get the hate for the story, there's enough there to piece things together. Plus the very overall story is not bad.

The camera is annoying at times though.

Quonny

90 hours in, 3 sealed dungeons to go, the rainbow frog sidequest, and a handful of hunts, then I will have 100% completed the game.

theofficefan99

Chapter 2 started while "The Rebel Army" from FFII was playing on the car and the pals talking about the news. Fantastic haha.

Game is ok so far, spending too much time on hunts I think. Too many loading screens -_-

This is also why I'm sick of doing most of the optional "content." It's either spending ages on your chocobo/in your car or waiting through numerous long, annoying loading screens.

I like the optional dungeons I've experienced so far, but Malmalan Thicket was really disappointing. It's visually unimpressive and it's like 10 minutes long.

vareon

Regalia Type F is the best, isn't it? There are these for adults who died inside a car because they don't know what to do when a car is slightly off road.

Nerokis

I had FFXIII - The Promise playing. I was actually slightly confused, because the song started playing over a black screen at first, and it fit the moment so well that I wasn't sure if it had been repurposed for FFXV or something. Haha.

Also, I haven't been particularly bothered by loading screens, but I will say this: although there are probably things going on in the background that complicate this, I feel like getting in and out of the car should be much more seamless than it is.

Edit: JARED ALERT

Edit 2: Okay, so there is a lore explanation for the fact that 90% of the NPCs in a certain town are women.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think it's a fairly common issue, but it's hard not to be concerned about my PS4 Pro when this happens in every single battle.

In Chapter 6 and still trying to optimize the percentage of doing-interesting-stuff time in this game. I'd pay money to hold multiple hunts at once!

I have that happen on the PS4 regular when Prompto or Ignis use their skills.

Severance

I have to say... the bro adventures make the post-game a lot of fun. They really carried the whole game even with the poor storytelling. I love the chemistry between the cast and their interactions. They're one of the best casts in any Final Fantasy
female characters or not

Still so much to do, back at it!

benzy

cpcxky.gif

Yeah absolutely brilliant job at the little details. I hope FFVIIR and future FFs have just as much in-game(?) dialog between the characters.

Also I saved a pic that looks like they were holding hands. Did I mention that this album mechanic is brilliant too?

I also love how they poke fun at themselves, like when they got to a romantic location and say it's too bad they're stuck with a bunch of dudes, or how they're aware how weird they look wearing all black clothing amongst people in normal clothes.

Zafir

https://youtu.be/2Bp-uNdefJo

Watch this video. It really showcases the game potential. But it falls short cuz it lacks proper setup and build up. Some of the scenes are really interesting.

Video will have spoilers of a lot of things tho. Just so you are aware. But i think you'll find it interesting.

Yeah I really can't disagree at all with that video.

The potential was totally there. It was just executed poorly.

Which in the end, it's just a massive shame.

I should do that. I just turned it off cus I got frustrated lol

I do all of that. I just feel like I am weak as hell. I die in a couple hits and it feels like I am using foam weapons. It takes ages to kill stuff. One of my hunts was just like 20 minutes because the enemies took so long to kill. I basically just end up having to phase around in circles and use the partner skills the whole time while praying they dont die.
That's the thing about this game. You can be level 99 and if you get mobbed by some high level enemies you can still get murked.

daveo42

Banned
Finished the game.

The big fight in chapter 14
Ifrit, sadly
was one hell of a spectacle. Jaw-dropping. Really loved it.
The Ardyn fight was mostly boring, even with the weird flying through Insomnia bit. Also real light on whatever the fuck was supposedly going on. Ardyn was cursed I suppose and turned into an immortal daemon? Maybe a wiki will help flesh things out, but pretty sad it wasn't covered in game to a great extent.

Game was overall pretty good, tho far too easy to overlevel to the point where the end wasn't much of a challenge. I mean, the monsters leading up to some of the final fights were harder tbh. Any...time to crack into the post-game stuff and push my way to a platinum. Real close, as I only have one quest and two skills to max. Gladio should be up soon, but I still have a ton of fishing to...finish...

I also got some weird black banding in a few of the final scenes:
final campsite and light coming back to the world.
Only spot in the game where it looked terrible on my TV. Anyone else get this?

Chapter 13 wasn't even that horrible. I've played worse. The main issue for me was the length, that's all. Everything after
you get separated from your friends
until
you get the sword from Ravus
can be cut out and it'd still work.

jiggle

Is this not a design feature?
I get this every single time I use a tech

I've had happened a couple of times, until I closed FFXV, and stopped using the PS4 Rest Mode.

But yeah, the game is glitchy as hell. I had this happened to me when Aranea decides to "drop in" and "jump out" after all the monsters were dead without her help. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKAJKlzBYg

_Isaac

I've had happened a couple of times, until I closed FFXV, and stopped using the PS4 Rest Mode.

But yeah, the game is glitchy as hell. I had this happened to me when Aranea decides to "drop in" and "jump out" after all the monsters were dead without her help. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKAJKlzBYg

Ha. I get this all the time, and I recorded it too. I've been using rest mode nonstop with this game. Rest mode is just so damn convenient.

Hydrus

Ok I finally got some time to really play this and I'm on CH 3 so far, with about 8 hours of play time. Just my quick thoughts:

The Bad:

• Camera is super annoying
  • Ignis voice is annoying
  • Cut scenes can be really awkward and feel out of place.
  • Too many things going on the screen during battles. I get so lost where I'm at.
  • Gets really annoying when you bump into the other guys in tight areas.
  • This probably should of just been Noctis alone for gameplay. The other guys just hang out off screen during battles.
  • Controls can feel bad at times.
  • If I didnt watch Kingsglaive, I would have no clue whats going on, since there's like no story.

The Good:

• Game looks really nice for an open world game.
  • I've had like no bugs or frame drops. Only issue was some weird lighting issue I posted about above.
  • The Deadeye hunt was pretty cool.
  • Haven't heard much music, but what I have heard is very nice.
  • Voice acting is great, especially Prompto.
  • Speaking of Prompto, The picture taking thing is a really neat feature.
  • Lots to do in the game. Doesn't feel short at all.
  • All the areas look great.

Game still feels rough. I think this needed at least another 6 months of Dev time to really iron everything out better. So far the game is about a 6.5/10. I think its OK, with the potential to be good. Gonna keep playing it see how it goes.

Lynx_7

Btw, the game is really putting me in a situation where I don't feel like doing any side quests now, because it would betray the feel of the game, unlike in Chapter 3.

I do have a ton of stuff left to do, so hopefully
when I get the Regalia back
it can be chill time again.

Chapter 7 and 8
are chill, just don't go to
chapter 9
until you're ready to commit to the story because that's where the real ride begins. Or you could leave that stuff for the post-game, whichever you prefer.

ffvorax

Ok yesterady I finished my leveling... I was lv60 with 1M exp... x3= 3M -> lv99! :D

Now I'm going to defeat the Adamnth...

Survival only at 8... :(

Going to fish a bit and see if I like it enough to take to 10, or just play around a bit until I'm satisfied, probably not going to plat because of the Survival & Photo (lv8 too) skills...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say, did they *EVER* say in the tutorial that you can do a HARD LOCK ON by pressing R1 together with R3?

WHAT THE FUCK game? I've only discovered this 50 hours in that I *don't* have to hold R1 all the time to lock on?

SHEEEEESSSSSH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Say, did they *EVER* say in the tutorial that you can do a HARD LOCK ON by pressing R1 together with R3?

WHAT THE FUCK game? I've only discovered this 50 hours in that I *don't* have to hold R1 all the time to lock on?

SHEEEEESSSSSH.

It's still not going to hardlock, sometimes it stops working when the enemy quickly maneuvers itself away from your camera.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's still not going to hardlock, sometimes it stops working when the enemy quickly maneuvers itself away from your camera.

Hmmm, well, so far it's pretty useful in one and one situation at the very least and it has decent tracking.

Just found out about it :(

Yep, it's in the tuturial.

Really? I actually played the optional tutorial before playing the game and yet I don't recall they actually pointed this one out, only that you can lock on to the enemy by pressing R1, hmmmmmmmm.

sasuke_91

Really? I actually played the optional tutorial before playing the game and yet I don't recall they actually pointed this one out, only that you can lock on to the enemy by pressing R1, hmmmmmmmm.
It was mentioned as far as I can recall. I definitely learned that in the tutorial at least.

_Isaac

Hmmm, well, so far it's pretty useful in one and one situation at the very least and it has decent tracking.

Just found out about it :(

I kinda remember that it was mentioned otherwise I don't know how I would've know to do it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It was mentioned as far as I can recall. I definitely learned that in the tutorial at least.

I kinda remember that it was mentioned otherwise I don't know how I would've know to do it.

Man, I don't know how I missed that. 50 hours in and just found out about it right now. At least I am pretty sure they don't actually mention that in the game proper, only at the optional tutorial before the game.

Alright, so all I need left for the plat is: reach level 10 in survival, get 2 more royal arms and beat
Adamantoise

I have Noctis at level 53 and everyone else at level 50. I'm trying to decide if I really want to spend the time finishing up these trophies. Anybody who has plantinumed this game, what level should I try to grind to before finishing these trophies off?

Dimmle

Alright, so all I need left for the plat is: reach level 10 in survival, get 2 more royal arms and beat
Adamantoise

I have Noctis at level 53 and everyone else at level 50. I'm trying to decide if I really want to spend the time finishing up these trophies. Anybody who has plantinumed this game, what level should I try to grind to before finishing these trophies off?

Just managed my platinum. You'll want to be at 99 for
Adamantoise
. That sounds crazy but thankfully it's super achievable if you eat experience doubling food and use a high level Expericast several times on a boss (you can craft a strong Expericast with Rare Coins). You'll climb almost 20 levels per encounter.

The real drag is actually fighting the thing.

Ferr986

Adamantoise

I got my platinum at lvl 80.
Adamantoise
took me like 1 hour 15-30 mins mins but I didn't had the legendary weapons, I had Ultima for Noctis though. Honestly you can beat that fight even with lower level, he's just long but incredibly easy (and boring). Mind you I had
Aranea
glitch,
she's more useful at hitting the damn turtle than the bros
. Ignis buffing your weapon is a must too.

Costlemark is actually harder, but you can still do it at lvl 60ish I would say.

Finally found the time to jump back into game. I'm still only a few hours in and doing the first chapters.

I asked this earlier, but has anyone seen a good, comprehensive tutorial video showcasing everything there is to know about the battle system? Everything from the basics, to advanced techniques and unpatched exploits?

SHEEEEESSSSSH.

Thanks for reminding me, I was getting anxious about that. :)

EDIT: really want to pull this off when fighting.. Don't know where to start though.

Just finished chapter 13. Jesus that was awful. Overall I really like this game in spite of its flaws, but this was indefensible. So happy to be done. That chapter alone puts me off the idea of a new game plus for now, holy fuck.

Top Bottom