• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - PC Benchmark

bee

http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/

scroll to the bottom to download

only has 3 resolutions and 3 graphics presets, 720p/1080p/4k and low/medium/high

my machine 3570k@4.4, gtx1080 was able to do 4k@30 on the high preset, probably averaging around 35fps, which i'm happy with for a 6 year old cpu and an almost 2 year old gpu, not sure if any of the nvidia stuff is enabled though

edit: seems it's all enabled on high, now i'm impressed

High preset - This setting will activate the high end graphical features incorporated into FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, such as NVIDIA® Turf Effects™, NVIDIA® HairWorks™ and NVIDIA® Flow™, etc. The resolution of shadows and textures, as well as the LOD distance will also increase under this setting. A graphics card with a significant amount of VRAM is required to use it.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Thanks for the post!

Running i7-6700 @4 with a 1080 and am getting around 50(ish) fps, will have to check out the nvidia settings on my end when I get a bit more time.

Koutsoubas

Im getting very good results on 4K High!! CPU i7 5960X and nVidia 1080Ti

16bmr5y.png

Graven

Im getting fairly high(4600+) on 1080p with a 1060 6GB, and high(6500+) on standart quality, watched both back to back and struggled to see any significant difference. Wierd enough, i had some minor visual glitches on some particular moments, in the scene when they start riding the car and when they ride the chocobo through the road with those animals.

Zenaku

4619 with my stock 8700k and 1080ti.

Still need to overclock my cpu/gpu, but I want to finish installing the last fans into the build before I do.

Also, seems HDR doesnt activate itself, we need to activate in windows display setting.

Armorian

Banned
Hoping my i7-4970k and 1070 ti can do 1080p/60/High

Most likely, benchmark hovers ~60fps in 1080p mode on high with all nV effects at play, full game with more options will definietly allow rock solid 60fps across the board on 1070.

I'm a bit dissapointed with visuals, game doesn't look much better than PS4 version and TAA used here is blurring everything to extreme with not so great aliasing coverage.

Last edited:

tensuke

I'm so ready for this.. I got it for $30 earlier today from gmg.
Did you have a better code than the 20% off code? That only makes it $40 for me.
Also I need a torrent of the benchmark tool, cause damn this download is taking forever. Keeps jumping between 200KB/s and 2MB/s. Damn you SE servers.

Edit: Okay, I ran it. 1080p/Standard seems okay (5820K @ 4GHz, GTX 970). But by god does 4K/High look amazing. And to see a Titan V only get 4800 points running it...Jesus. Maybe by 2022 I can afford a card that can run it 4K60/High. -_-

Edit2: Ooh you can control Noctis during the benchmark and run around.

Last edited:
I tried with a i5-7600k 4.20ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 970.
I got a "very high" on 1080p in Standard, and a "fairly high" on High configuration.

At 4K... well... I'll play it 1080p :)

MoogleMan

Did you have a better code than the 20% off code? That only makes it $40 for me.
It was a glitch; when you searched for final fantasy xv on gmg, in the search results it was showing as $39.99. Added to cart, used 25% off coupon code from email (25OFFFFXV) at checkout; $29.99 final price. They fixed it now so the search results show $49.99, but I think the code works until friday night.
Steam key or windows 10 platform key?
Steam key from gmg.

Neo Member
6200 points on 1080p High Quality in a GT72VR-6RE Dominator Pro Tobii laptop (NV 1070), not bad

Turning off PCSS (That one takes away like 10/15fps in The Division for example) will greatly improve the framerate in the final game (I'm around 50/80 right now)

Has anyone else noticed stuttering sometimes?

3440x1440 High I get a score of 5600
3440x1440 Low I get a score of 9222

This is with a 7700k and a 1080Ti.

Looking good for us Ultrawide crowd.

Rimshot

I would've guessed on a higher score, was I having wrong expectations or are these indeed low values for the cpu & gpu used?

CtJhvWP.png

How did you get different res than 720/1080/2160?

Go into the folder where you installed/extracted the benchmark, make a shortcut of the benchmark .exe from there right click on the shortcut, go to properties and in the target section you'll see the beginning of the section below, ffxv.exe, put a space and then the rest of --graphicsini etc. you can change display resolution and rendering resolution and as well as changing BenchmarkHigh to BenchmarkMedium or Low. Keep in mind you'll want to start the benchmark from the shortcut afaik.

"ffxv.exe" --graphicsIni config\GraphicsConfig_BenchmarkHigh.ini -f --displayResolution 2560 1440 --renderingResolution 2560 1440 --locale=en

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Go into the folder where you installed/extracted the benchmark, make a shortcut of the benchmark .exe from there right click on the shortcut, go to properties and in the target section you'll see the beginning of the section below, ffxv.exe, put a space and then the rest of --graphicsini etc. you can change display resolution and rendering resolution and as well as changing BenchmarkHigh to BenchmarkMedium or Low. Keep in mind you'll want to start the benchmark from the shortcut afaik.

"ffxv.exe" --graphicsIni config\GraphicsConfig_BenchmarkHigh.ini -f --displayResolution 2560 1440 --renderingResolution 2560 1440 --locale=en

Thanks.

tensuke

For anyone running high benchmarks, I'm sure turning off gameworks and lowering aa a bit but keeping textures and other settings high will boost your fps a bit from what it says.

Makariel

Just tried 1080p high quality, on my R5 1600 with GTX 1080 (just stock, no OC on either) and am getting 7624, which is slightly above the 7521 which is shown as the reference 1080.

edit: I did give it a second run, and came up with slightly higher numbers than above. Also, some micro-stutter I noticed in the first run didn't occur when running a second time. And the combat sequence ran quite a bit different.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just tried 1080p high quality, on my R5 1600 with GTX 1080 (just stock, no OC on either) and am getting 7624, which is slightly above the 7521 which is shown as the reference 1080.

edit: I did give it a second run, and came up with slightly higher numbers than above. Also, some micro-stutter I noticed in the first run didn't occur when running a second time. And the combat sequence ran quite a bit different.

I also saw microstutter the first run but not the second.

shpankey

not an idiot
Is your 980ti reference at stock setting ?

I'm gettin 6682 with i7 6700k and overclocked 980ti.
You should be getting over 6k with a 980TI. I get 6692 with a slower CPU

Yeah, the 980Ti is overclocked (+100 core, +400 memory). The 7700k is also technically at 4.6 [though the benchmark said 4.2] actually and I have 32g of memory as well set to the extreme profile.

I should say also, I did this benchmark while running 4 different server software simultaneously (Plex among them) and also a Slack client while simultaneously re-encoding via StaxRip a file to HEVC (via hardware with the integrated GPU, Intel Graphics 630, this doesn't really effect the nVidia GPU so much but does consume a small bit of CPU). So I wasn't really setup for maximization.

I should of stated all of that before but was being lazy. I test this way because that's the way I play games, with all of that running. For me, gone are the days of killing everything for maximum fps. I get a good steady framerate with all the games I play so I don't worry about it.

One day I will get a separate server, but for now, I do everything on this one.

Last edited:

Yuexxx1

Neophyte
M mi laptop i5 6200 4gb and gtx 950m can run o_O.
3541 720p low and 2765 720p standar.is very well optimized.
Mi ryzen 1400 8gb 1050ti 1080p standar 3845.

Top Bottom