• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - PC Benchmark

shpankey

not an idiot
Edit, updated my test with everything else off and nothing running in the background.

i7 7700k 4.2 @ 4.6, 980Ti (+110 core, +410 memory), 32g ram w/ extreme profile.

1080p, High Quality: Score: 6686, Performance: High

jose1

It runs great on my system. Standard Settings, 1080P. i5-4690k (no oc), 8gb RAM, GTX 970 (overclocked) gets a consistent 60fps with a score of 6634 and High performance rating. Windows complains about the RAM usage and asks to close the program, so I should upgrade to 16gb of RAM. The game runs a lot better than I expected. I was worried I wouldn't hit 60fps after the ps4 pro and xbox one X couldn't do it, but I guess it turns out they were CPU limited. I will definitely preorder!

shpankey

not an idiot
Question, if we already bought the full game recently for Xbox One X, will this be a free download on PC via Xbox Play Anywhere?

jose1

Question, if we already bought the full game recently for Xbox One X, will this be a free download on PC via Xbox Play Anywhere?

I think only games made by Microsoft studios or Xbox exclusives get that treatment.

So I started messing around with the individual graphical settings and was able to significantly increase detail from standard with a very reasonable impact on framerate. The single biggest difference is turning on the "high spec asset" setting. It makes the game render a ton more grass, I would say 2-3x as much. It completely fills in all those patches without grass, and it doesn't kill your framerate.

On my 970 (overclocked), I started with standard settings and changed these for much more detail with still mostly 50-60fps performance (which is acceptable to me):

NvidiaFlow=1
NvidiaTerrainTesselation=1
HighSpecAsset=1
ScreenFilterDetail=3
ShadowDistanceScaling=300
TextureAnisotropicFilter=16

If you have a better video card than me, you might get away with increasing ModelLODScaling to to 125, 150, or 200. I think it further increases detail and draw distance for grass.

I think only games made by Microsoft studios or Xbox exclusives get that treatment.

So I started messing around with the individual graphical settings and was able to significantly increase detail from standard with a very reasonable impact on framerate. The single biggest difference is turning on the "high spec asset" setting. It makes the game render a ton more grass, I would say 2-3x as much. It completely fills in all those patches without grass, and it doesn't kill your framerate.

On my 970 (overclocked), I started with standard settings and changed these for much more detail with still mostly 50-60fps performance (which is acceptable to me):

NvidiaFlow=1
NvidiaTerrainTesselation=1
HighSpecAsset=1
ScreenFilterDetail=3
ShadowDistanceScaling=300
TextureAnisotropicFilter=16

If you have a better video card than me, you might get away with increasing ModelLODScaling to to 125, 150, or 200. I think it further increases detail and draw distance for grass.

This is great stuff. Looking forward to tweak tips like this when the game comes out

Fbh

I think something doesn't quite work with this on my PC.

On standard settings at 1080p I get around 35-40 fps...which sort of makes sense since it's not very strong.

But just out of curiosity I ran it at 720p on low settings.... And I get pretty much the same performance.

Top Bottom