• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV September update is now live [+new event added in Chapter 12]

Toth

Just finished it. Excellent additions overall.

We now have a
clearer understanding of the Six, Ifrit, and Shiva's love for him. We also know now that Ifrit was himself woken up after his defeat by Bahamut by Ardyn and then corrupted by the Starscourge within, an action which lead directly to Shiva's awakening and attempt to stop Ardyn and the Empire. Killing Ifrit now has an actual storyline purpose since Shiva is begging you to stop him

The Luna scenes were a significant addition as know we see the bond between the two far more effectively than before. Gentiana's role now makes a lot more sense

Lots of great music was added too! Keep it coming SE.

wmlk

We now have a
clearer understanding of the Six, Ifrit, and Shiva's love for him. We also know now that Ifrit was himself woken up after his defeat by Bahamut by Ardyn and then corrupted by the Starscourge within, an action which lead directly to Shiva's awakening and attempt to stop Ardyn and the Empire. Killing Ifrit now has an actual storyline purpose since Shiva is begging you to stop him

The Luna scenes were a significant addition as know we see the bond between the two far more effectively than before. Gentiana's role now makes a lot more sense

Shiva's kiss on Ifrit's lips too ;)

That always seemed fishy.

Runner67

I honestly feel bad for BD2. It's like all of this was actually supposed to be there but their schedule imposed by SE forced them to cut things out.

Is there game play added or just some cutscenes? If not I hope they do add to tenebrae and shivas body in the future

cordy

Banned
I gotta give them props for all the additions they're doing for XV. I got a Platinum trophy but I wouldn't mind going back and doing everything else once that next dlc hits.

Toth

The German translation was right after all haha

I honestly feel bad for BD2. It's like all of this was actually supposed to be there but their schedule imposed by SE forced them to cut things out.

Is there game play added or just some cutscenes? If not I hope they do add to tenebrae and shivas body in the future

Playable Tenebrae probably for a Luna DLC.
Shiva body maybe for Gentiana DLC...? It would neat to explore but what exactly would be the purpose besides pictures ><

Fj0823

I played Gladio's chapter 13 for the first time...

Why do you skip Noctis scenes after you beat it and continue the story from there!?

I thought I would be back with Noct from the same starting point

Toth

I played Gladio's chapter 13 for the first time...

Why do you skip Noctis scenes after you beat it and continue the story from there!?

I thought I would be back with Noct from the same starting point

Yeah its not explained very well but you fast forward to the end of the Chapter essentially with verse 2.

Runner67

God they need to add the scene with Regis holding Noctis from Dawn 2.0 when Noctis knows
he has to die to beat ardyn
. Like that would make the ending infinitely better simply because
you know Regis knew from the beginning that his son had to sacrificed in order to use the Lucian kings to kill Ardyn

sappyday

We now have a

that sounds cool

theofficefan99

Lol not happening.

Was hoping they'd have some for at least the paid content.

I could see stuff for the War of the Astrals (rather than just a slideshow), maybe stuff for flashbacks, potential updates to Chapter 9... ugh

idk man game needs more CG Visual Works eye candy. The fact that we got like a grand total of 7 mins (and the ending scene was clearly very rushed) is BS.

We now have a

This sounds so exciting! Is the cutscene the only addition with this update? Also do you know how big the download is?

Runner67

Also I'm just gonna say. Don't expect full blown cutscenes with these updates, at least not until next year. BD2 is certainly devoting most of their time finishing Comrades and Ignis. Tabata has said that all of their efforts will go to giving a more complete story, so we'll potentially get much better work in the future

Toth

This sounds so exciting! Is the cutscene the only addition with this update? Also do you know how big the download is?

Yeah it's an added sequence during the Ravine section of Chapter 12. --Do not read unless you have beaten the game--
Shiva gives you a pretty detailed history of what lead to the War of the Astrals and her relationship with Ifrit. Both Luna and Noctis are given more scenes that emphasis their love for each other and Luna's desire to be with Noctis is clarified to be less of a duty and more of her own decision and desire. Noctis now shows more emotion due to seeing Luna's lingering thoughts and vows to see her again one day, a scene that now foreshadows the ending. Finally, Gentiana's role is now expanded to be not just a Messenger of the Gods but to be the one to ensure the Oracle's desires are fulfilled.

tbm24

Also I'm just gonna say. Don't expect full blown cutscenes with these updates, at least not until next year. BD2 is certainly devoting most of their time finishing Comrades and Ignis. Tabata has said that all of their efforts will go to giving a more complete story, so we'll potentially get much better work in the future
I think I’d rather a XV-2 then if that’s the case. I have a solid 90+ hours devoted to XV as it is and adding scenes and fleshing out the story isn’t enticing. I’d play a XV-2.

Yeah it's an added sequence during the Ravine section of Chapter 12. --Do not read unless you have beaten the game--
Shiva gives you a pretty detailed history of what lead to the War of the Astrals and her relationship with Ifrit. Both Luna and Noctis are given more scenes that emphasis their love for each other and Luna's desire to be with Noctis is clarified to be less of a duty and just her own decision. Noctis now shows more emotion and vows to see her again one day, a scene that now foreshadows the ending.
&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039; I love these
Luna
additions
7Gb, I don't think the cutscene is all they added.
Ooooph that’s a hefty update.

Toth

&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039; I love these
Luna
additions

Ooooph that’s a hefty update.

Oh and you also get an excellent remix of Luna's theme and an interesting latin-infused chanting melody during Shiva's story.

I think I’d rather a XV-2 then if that’s the case. I have a solid 90+ hours devoted to XV as it is and adding scenes and fleshing out the story isn’t enticing. I’d play a XV-2.

You can't do a xv-2 anyway... let's leave it at that to avoid spoilers.

Gbraga

Wow, that was way earlier than I was expecting. Curious to see what exactly they're planning to add next year.

Giolon

7Gb, I don't think the cutscene is all they added.

As I understand it, Sony’s patch file generation is automatic and is determined at least in part by the way game files are packaged. Game files often aren’t packaged separately for efficiency in loading into memory. Changing a tiny texture could result in a giant multi gigabyte download.

As I understand it, Sony’s patch file generation is automatic and is determined at least in part by the way game files are packaged. Game files often aren’t packaged separately for efficiency in loading into memory. Changing a tiny texture could result in a giant multi gigabyte download.
Ah the age of giant downloads. And it will only get bigger too.

Socivol

Just played through it and wow, that was really nice. It's crazy how had that been in the game to begin with the ending Ifrit boss fight would've made much more sense. I would really like more scenes with Gentiana and Luna because that was great. I'm also surprised that Luna knew that she was going to die prior to meeting back up with Noctis.

Ruff

So this pretty much debunks the whole crazy pitioss theory
about Ifrit sacrificing himself to save Eros or whatever it was

I just played throught Chapter 12 to watch the new event and it happens when

Gentiana reveals herself as Shiva to Noctis

I have to say that it a MUCH needed addition, first because it explains things that should have be in the game since day one and second because it's a really well done moment.

_Ryo_

Is this game ever going to be complete? Probably not, why am I even asking. Also a COMPLETE edition would be botched anyway because of all the timed exclusive events.

I guess FFXV is SquareEnix's Trojan horse GAAS singleplayer game.

Runner67

We don't need more uneeded sequels to FF games guys.

This, just let them update the game this way. If the story content is as good as we have here, then man, we are in for a treat. This was a fantastic first step.

And to be quite clear,I'd rather have tons of cutscenes before they add in new gameplay sections. Hopefully we'll find out more with the roadmap.

The fact that Ray Chase just teased lots more to come, means that there is going to be some big stuff with Noctis eventually

Socivol

I just played throught Chapter 12 to watch the new event and it happens when

Gentiana reveals herself as Shiva to Noctis

I have to say that it a MUCH needed addition, first because it explains things that should have be in the game since day one and second because it's a really well done moment.

I was shocked by how well integrated it is. I'm really looking forward to these story updates if this is what we can expect from them.

theofficefan99

I'm all for these updates rather than leaving the game as-is, and I hate unplanned asspull sequels, but I'd MUCHHHHHH rather have a planned sequel/trilogy than either of the former options. If that's the only way SE can manage a giant epic story from hereon out, I'll take it. Bring on FFXVI Part 1.

Top Bottom