• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Switch hinted

Which is it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Markoman

Wooah, the average Gaffer can carry the Switch in his pocket, which means the 10-inch-wiener runs alongside the other leg, right? Is catching the bus/train possible with this setup?

LordKano

Fun fact, dqx1 ps4 runs at a considerably lower resolution than ffxv ps4

Resolution isn't everything there is to a game. DQXI is a totally different beast from FFXV. On every level.
There's no reason to think the Switch version of DQXI isn't based on UE4. It makes sense for an eventual FFXV port to not be based on the Luminous Engine version. It doesn't for DQXI.

Platy

I have zero problems if the switch version has Pocket version graphics ... chibi characters even help decrease the sexualization of characters like girl cid =P

But please full version gameplay

There's Disgaea 5, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Dragon Quest XI, Fire emblem, Octopath Traveler, SMTV and more coming up. JRPGs aren't going to be a problem on Switch.

To be fair only one of those is out so far (that and I Am Setsuna) but yeah it's definitely got quite a few announced.

Opa-Pa

I forgot Disgaea 5 indeed, but all the others have no set release dates, do they? And I know it won't be a problem in the slightest in the long run haha.

It already has more announced RPG's than Wii U had in its lifetime.

You say it like that's an accomplishment.

duckroll

Lol reminds me of Sony promoting their Vaio P lineup using pocket..

pr_p_home.jpg

Okay THIS is bullshit. Hahahahahahaha.

z0m3le

Banned
I forgot Disgaea 5 indeed, but all the others have no set release dates, do they? And I know it won't be a problem in the slightest in the long run haha.

Xenoblade 2 comes out this holiday, I mean the console is just coming up on half a year old, and it certainly seems to be coming together faster than recent previous generations of Nintendo hardware, including their handhelds.

ramparter

Banned
Multiple cartridges then? PC version takes 170GB. Console version is ~50GB.

I would be curious to see the technical trainwreck and major concessions. Game isn't exactly optimized.
But very likely this is a mis-translation (as in, it's probably a FFXV universe game and not FFXV itself).

If I was SE I would try to leave everything FFXV behind past 2017 and the PC version. It's the series low point.
Downgrade textures, size and performance issues solved!

Robin64

I have zero problems if the switch version has Pocket version graphics ... chibi characters even help decrease the sexualization of characters like girl cid =P

SbMIft8.gif

(Man, I wish the mouths had even basic opening and closing textures)

Zedark

Oh, I'd love that! Would play it again for the gameplay and main story, so maybe pocket edition is a good fit? Would equal love the full fat version, of course!

Edit: is the pocket edition that smudged version on this page? If so, give me the OG version instead, please!

If this is going to be based on the Pocket version I hope they change the gameplay enough to not feel like a mobile action rpg game. Can they make it turn based or would that be too much of a departure to FFXV.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What is the biggest cart they could use for FFXV? I wonder if that is a limitation for them because FFXV is pretty big now.

120v

i figured a Switch version of the Pocket game would be a no brainer since it's coming to windows , not just mobile. i'm guessing there's some online, f2p stuff to workaround

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
32GB appears to be biggest card capacity currently.

That would seem to be a limiting factor for XV, even if it were scaled down quite a bit. Hmm.

I think it would be pretty cool to see on Switch, but there seem to be some hurdles to be cleared.

watdaeff4

Wooah, the average Gaffer can carry the Switch in his pocket, which means the 10-inch-wiener runs alongside the other leg, right? Is catching the bus/train possible with this setup?

We Alpha Gaffers don't take public transportation. We have stretched limos with drivers that transport us. Plenty of room available.

FinalAres

amicute.png

Like... Nothing wrong with chibi, but these characters look like freaking aliens.

They're following on from the style of FF3 and FF4 DS which a lot of people also hated.

Like Final Fantasy is known for having wildly different art styles for each game, which is one of the reasons people love the series. So I don't understand they insist on sticking with this consistent, crappy art style.

Majmun

People can actually walk with the Switch in their pockets? Unless you wear tent-sized clothes I don't see how that is comfortable.

Even my big winter jackets don't have enough room for the Switch, let alone my pants.

BigPete

That would seem to be a limiting factor for XV, even if it were scaled down quite a bit. Hmm.

I think it would be pretty cool to see on Switch, but there seem to be some hurdles to be cleared.

If they target 720p and reduce the texture sizes it would probably be doable. Assuming a port of the engine is possible.

OryoN

I'd rather they put that effort/manpower into a Switch version of FFVII Remake, and making sure it releases same day as other platforms. I understand they are looking for greater returns on that massive FFVX investment though.

This development - if true - definitely won't hurt though. It would also put to rest the "yeah but can the Switch acceptably run more recent AAA games?" debates.

But really who wants to play a downgraded version of an old and bad game?

Weird port to be honest. If they want to release FF games on Switch they should start with remaster and remakes.

Top Bottom