• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: the art of one of the best, most beautiful and largest, Final Fantasy ever created

D.Final

Banned
I open this conversation to remember how Final Fantasy XV represents for me one of the most wonderful, and most amazing, Final Fantasy ever created.
And this also thanks to its exceptional artistic sector :messenger_smiling_hearts:
(a feature known in all Final Fantasy)

I7ktBtR.jpg

T0jvO6B.png

yrHsjZC.jpg

hnzrbZn.jpg

rOIFGpR.png

Gw1H7jn.jpg

aF9Y5EC.jpg

AatMtzG.jpg

Xig2aCT.png

A01exLd.jpg

The attention to detail, the settings, the characters, the design of the monsters, and in everything, is truly amazing.
And I'm extremely happy to have managed to experience such an incredibly beautiful Final Fantasy :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

And it is also why I advise all real gamers to play Final Fantasy XV.
One of the best experiences of this generation.

Very beautiful :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is XIV actually bigger than XI? Because both are way bigger than XV.

Sure Hydaelyn is a lot prettier, but after 17 years Vana'diel is pretty fucking immense

Last edited:

royox

Is XIV actually bigger than XI? Because both are way bigger than XV.

Sure Hydaelyn is a lot prettier, but after 17 years Vana'diel is pretty fucking immense

Bigger and better than 15 as a Standalone Final Fantasy Game. Shadowbringers is maybe the best Final Fantasy experience since FFIX and I am not exagerating if I say it has the best written villain of the whole FF saga. Made me feel like playing a Final Fantasy game with my party of characters, friends, problems, character evolution...even made me CARE about my own character, the Warrior of Light, that had to become the Warrior of Darkness to save a world from a flood of light.

Also to be honest, even the Art of the game is on another whole level (just to be on topic :D). Amano is the fucking best.

Ky9nppV.png

aa560bce0067ceac8e7ef328c4853811.jpg

81jJLUXwQtL._SL1024_.jpg

guLJDv2.jpg

Totally worth a try if you ask me :)

Last edited:

Shifty

Another FFXV fanboy thread huh.

How many of these do we have now, from the same dude?

Ardyn is the best villan in the Final Fantasy saga
(a really amazing character :messenger_smiling_hearts:)
Uh oh, the Bolded Extra Large Text For Emphasis Because I Really Mean It is making a return.

Bigger and better than 15 as a Standalone Final Fantasy Game.
This one knows where it's at 👌

Shadowbringers is maybe the best Final Fantasy experience since FFIX and I am not exagerating if I say it has the best written villain of the whole FF saga. Made me feel like playing a Final Fantasy game with my party of characters, friends, problems, character evolution...even made me CARE about my own character, the Warrior of Light, that had to become the Warrior of Darkness to save a world from a flood of light.
Phwoar, that's high praise. I'm about 20 quests away from starting the expansion now I think, really looking forward to it after the ho-hum military drama that was Stormblood.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
And here comes the Final Fantasy haters immediately............................

The worst kind of haters.............................

gDX5xvC.gif

Last edited:

Shifty

gDX5xvC.gif
Final Fantasy is great.

Blatant, blinkered kool-aid chugging... Not so much.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
And here come the pathetic comments of the haters .......
With a lot of salt.

oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif

Just because they don't want to accept that Final Fantasy XV is a great Final Fantasy at the end.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

And here come the pathetic comments of the haters .......
With a lot of salt.

oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif

Just because they don't want to accept that Final Fantasy XV is a great Final Fantasy at the end.
I'm sorry but Final Fantasy XV was not the best game.
it was my first Final Fantasy game in years but it'll be my last until things improve.

Poor Soundtrack, Awkward dialogue, bad implementation of a open world system.
Confusing combat where you can't tell WTF is going on half the time.
I recently played Tales of Vesperia and that had far better real-time combat.
Flashier does not always mean better.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the game but I find it hard to believe you couldn't understand why someone could not.
The art is lovely but it is in most Square games but what surprised me in this one is the poor music.

D.Final

Banned
And the Final Fantasy haters arrived in mass ........

gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif

I expressed my opinion on what I consider to be one of the best Final Fantasy ever made.
With a great story, a dynamic and fun BS, a great and wonderful world to explore, a magnificent OST, and a lore.

Here the "salt" comments are of absurd levels.

oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif

Accept an opinion, or don't post at all in the conversation.
Haters...............

gDX5xvC.gif

D.Final

Banned
@ D.Final D.Final : Are you gonna call anyone who doesn’t love FFXV as much as you do “hater”?

No.
Only those that I know for certain are Final Fantasy haters.
If you don't notice them, then it means that you obviously ignore them.
(since maybe you don't care)

Pathetic haters with their "salt" comments can also go elsewhere if they want.
Because in the end Final Fantasy XV is still beautiful.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No.
Only those that I know for certain are Final Fantasy haters.
If you don't notice them, then it means that you obviously ignore them.
(since maybe you don't care)

Pathetic haters with their "salt" comments can also go elsewhere if they want.
Because in the end Final Fantasy XV is still beautiful.
You need accept that you are in internet and not everyone going to like what you love and posting over size bolded text and calling everyone salty will give people more reason to shit on it.

D.Final

Banned
You need accept that you are in internet and not everyone going to like what you love and posting over size bolded text and calling everyone salty will give people more reason to shit on it.

I have limited myself to starting a conversation about how great and spectacular the artistic compartment of Final Fantasy XV is.

I don't know if you understood that this is not a conversation of opinions.

Is a conversation to see the beauty of the artworks of the world of Final Fantasy XV.
(and if someone else turned it into a "opinions" conversation, go and talk to Final Fantasy haters...................)
With "salt" comments...................

Vawn

Banned

gDX5xvC.gif

I don't hate Final Fantasy. I hate that FFXV is a Final Fantasy game. I didn't even mind XIII that much, but XV has killed what the series means to me. An open-world fetch-quest game in a car with an emo-dressing boy-band. The game starts off with Stand By Me FFS.

FF peaked during SNES and PS1, and the longer they take to make new entries, the worse they get.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
And the "salt" hate comments continue...............................................................

oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif
oDEeYq2.gif

From the pathetic haters of Final Fantasy..................................................................................................

gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif

gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif
gDX5xvC.gif

Hudo

I'd wish that we'd gotten a proper love story between Noctis and Luna. Or even better, between Noctis and Stella.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Read the thread from this dude and was like "Oh boy here we go..."

FF XV is good overall, but still had problems. It's a step in the right direction compared to anything after IX (Don't give a FUCK about MMOs) but it still has some major short comings, the plot is secondary and the characters do lack development. Smashing X to win, I was fine with. The quests and the car, I was fine with. Open world aspect and the mini games, I was fine with.

Last edited:

Aranea

FF XV art was great no doubt about it. Square Enix always delivers on that department. Too bad Episode Aranea was cancelled as that's the DLC Episode was looking forward the most.

Orenji Neko

LMAO what a priceless meltdown, and complete with telling people whether or not they are "true gamers" or "true Final Fantasy fans" to boot. Here, I'll make up my own arbitrary rules: Since Yoshitaka Amano didn't design the characters, neither Hironobu Sakaguchi nor Yoshinori Kitase directed it, Nobuo Uematsu didn't write the entire score by himself, with Hiroyuki Ito designing the battle system, and Kenji Terada/Takashi Tokita/Sakaguchi coming up with the story, FFXV isn't a "true" Final Fantasy game! Wow, isn't that just silly. Way to go with upholding the reputation of the series with such childish hilarity; maybe we can petition Square to cut you a check and ensure your name is included in the credits of the next Ultimania guide; it could be under the listing of "Special Thanks to he who determines who the true fans of Final Fantasy are and sends gif barrages to the fakes!"

Anyway, keep bugging out I guess, because while I accept FFXV as a Final Fantasy game, I think the game and it's entire media compilation is:

giphy.gif

OP, It is your right to be passionate about something but please back up your claims with examples, in words. You aren't going to win any arguments or respect with immature memes. As the mod said, it's all about starting a conversation.

royox

D.Final D.Final Relax on all these gifs and plugging your ears to anyone who says something you don't agree with or whom you determine is a "hater".

Conversation is the name of the game, not circle-jerks.

Can you maybe clean the thread of gifs? It's very demanding for people with data limits xD

A.Romero

Art direction is easily the best part of the game. Story is the main draw for me and this game was lacking in that sense pretty seriously. I would have enjoy it more if they worked that out better.

As a package I felt it was lacking but still recognize the achievement that was finishing development of that damn game.

D.Final

Banned
D.Final D.Final Relax on all these gifs and plugging your ears to anyone who says something you don't agree with or whom you determine is a "hater".

Conversation is the name of the game, not circle-jerks.

The goal of the conversion is to comment exclusively on the art of Final Fantasy XV.
This implies commenting on the official artwork of the game universe.
And eventually giving an opinion about it.

This is not a conversation born to "talk about Final Fantasy XV in general".
(things like "I liked it or didn't like it ....")

Also, I would like to mention that some of the users of this conversation are real haters of Final Fantasy.
And I don't say it casually.
Since those who hate something absurdly and absolutely are defining a hater.

So, clarified this, if you want to talk about the artistic compartment of Final Fantasy XV the conversion continues.
But if whoever is a Final Fantasy hater (and of Final Fantasy XV exactly) wants to continue to spit sentences, or "salt" comments, I invite you to lead those users out of the conversation.

A.Romero

Can you maybe clean the thread of gifs? It's very demanding for people with data limits xD

Don't worry, once you download it once your browser will pull it from the cache. It doesn't get downloaded as many times as it is posted.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I open this conversation to remember how Final Fantasy XV represents for me one of the most wonderful, and most amazing, Final Fantasy ever created.
And this also thanks to its exceptional artistic sector :messenger_smiling_hearts:
(a feature known in all Final Fantasy)

AatMtzG.jpg

The attention to detail, the settings, the characters, the design of the monsters, and in everything, is truly amazing.
And I'm extremely happy to have managed to experience such an incredibly beautiful Final Fantasy :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Very beautiful :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Above all those picture i like this one the most

That city look like a dream comes true..

What its called? Altisia? Very majestic and beautiful city

Thanks for this...

Vawn

Banned

Ardyn is the best villan in the Final Fantasy saga
(a really amazing character :messenger_smiling_hearts:)

Am I one of these "true haters of Final Fantasy" in your mind?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The goal of the conversion is to comment exclusively on the art of Final Fantasy XV.
This implies commenting on the official artwork of the game universe.
And eventually giving an opinion about it.

Also, I would like to mention that some of the users of this conversation are real haters of Final Fantasy.
And I don't say it casually.
Since those who hate something absurdly and absolutely are defining a hater.

So, clarified this, if you want to talk about the artistic compartment of Final Fantasy XV the conversion continues.
But if whoever is a Final Fantasy hater (and of Final Fantasy XV exactly) wants to continue to spit sentences, or "salt" comments, I invite you to lead those users out of the conversation.
When you post something like this
most amazing, Final Fantasy ever created.
on your OP then some people will disagree with you. So you either have proper discussion why that is or dont post that stuff when you just want to talk about the art direction. Calling people "hater"will mostly bring more "hates" on your thread.

E.T. Waifu

Can't say it was even close to being the best for me, but it had some strong points. Plus I appreciate the positivity once every ten thousand years in this forum.

Tako Ou

Banned
Agreed. I'd rather go through a menu and select 'Blizzard' for pretty particle effects, much more engaging.
Thing is the pretty particles are not supposed to be the reward.

But sure if visual appeal is the only thing that matters, FFXV is propably top of the technical game among the series. Art direction is another matter entirely however.

Top Bottom