• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Update 1.15 out (Bestiary, Chapter Select, Assassin's Festival DLC)

Oh my god! I wonder when they will release the actual complete version of this game.

Job not well done SE. Move forward already.

And yet here you are whining about them correcting their game. I wonder who needs to move on more - one who is profiting and making their product better, or one who follows topics about games they don't like.

Hmm. Just hmmm.

Toth

Yes, in hammerhead last chapter if I remember correctly.

I think that just discussed the biological and scientific properties of it and not where it came from. It was hypothesized that
either Ifrit created it or it was created from the burning of Eos' corpse. Neither explanation has been given in game or out and a lot is guessed from the Pittos dungeon.

Valonquar

This reminds me I still can't platinum this game :/ I had all trophies earned... but 2 of them I earned on a secondary PS4. That secondary PS4 apparently didn't register the trophies online correctly or something, and it was wiped and I no longer own it. Now, even if I go back through FFXV again on my main PS4, it isn't unlocking those 2 trophies. Anyone else encounter something like this & know of a fix?

The missing trophies are 2 of the "beat chapter" trophies. Seems like beating them on Newgame+ isn't unlocking them on second playthrough on my main PS4 :/ Really hoping I wouldn't have to replay from scratch for those 2.

Munti

So is there anything in game that properly explains what
starscourge
is and
how it was able to revive Ifrit?

Yes I' am also curious about this.
Because
in the german translation, Ardyn explicitly tells that the starscourge came from the meteor. However, people pointed out that it is stated in Ultimania that Ifrit summoned the starscourge. Now in the bestiary it is written that the starscourge revived Ifrit.

I would like to know what is true.

I'm personally
a fan of the meteor theory :p. That would also mean that the meteor would have a bigger significance overall then just giving energy to Lestallum.

Koozek

Yes I' am also curious about this.
Because
in the german translation, Ardyn tells that the starscourge came from the meteor. However, people pointed out that it is stated in Ultimania that Ifrit summoned the starscourge. Now in the bestiary it is written that the starscourge revived Ifrit.
I would like to know what is true.
Ah, good to know I'm not the only one citing the German translation of
Ifrit summoning the meteor that brought the Starscourge upon the world
. I wasn't sure if I was misremembering and mixing it up with a fan theory or whatever.

The German script is based directly on the Japanese script unlike the English one that took quite a few liberties that often don't make sense to me especially regarding lore stuff (see the stuff from the book about the gods in-game, the loading screen texts, and now the bestiary).

Sora_N

How far into the game do you need to be to get the dream egg? I haven't really played the game much since release.

Garlador

Whenever you want. The Chocobo Carnival is a separate thing from the title screen.

That answers my question too.

Are they done trying to patch up the story? I was waiting until it was as "finished" as possible, but I wasn't expecting much so I assumed it came and went with little fanfare.

BTA

Still haven't done any of the postgame/DLC beyond the carnival so I guess I might do some of this alongside this festival.

Which... I did not see coming as far as what the egg would lead to? Wha?

ffvorax

Great patch. I know a lot of people will argue that this should've been there since launch, but at least the game gets better day by day.

I'm still holding out for new cutscenes though. Tabata did mention them in his roadmap.

I agree. It's nice to see some support not only for pay contents!

The same way I liked the support from cdpr for the witcher 3.

As soon as I don't have anything urge to play I will go back to it for sure, I still have it installed in my console. I already finished and almost platinumed, but I have a lot of hunting to do...

cLOUDo

Bestiary and chapter select?
i guess is time to replay chapter 13

geez, that ifrit looks even worse in the bestiary lol

rudger

I bought this game last month and haven't had a chance to start. I'm beginning to fear the initial patch downloads and installs...

Koozek

That answers my question too.

Are they done trying to patch up the story? I was waiting until it was as "finished" as possible, but I wasn't expecting much so I assumed it came and went with little fanfare.
They haven't clarified if they're still planning on adding new cutscenes to the main game itself or if they only gonna do it through the Character Episode DLCs (e.g. Episode Prompto in June clarified some things about his backstory that felt very rushed in the main game) and through the multiplayer DLC some time in Autumn this year. Who knows, maybe there's gonna be another update filling some holes in the main game itself before the PC version comes out?

You could maybe wait until the last piece of DLC, Episode Ignis, is out in November and see if they announced anything about further free story updates. I mean, if you already waited as long.

Munti

. I wasn't sure if I was misremembering and mixing it up with a fan theory or whatever.

The German script is based directly on the Japanese script unlike the English one that took quite a few liberties that often don't make sense to me especially regarding lore stuff (see the stuff from the book about the gods in-game, the loading screen texts, and now the bestiary).

I think the fan theory is that
Ifrit summoned the meteor. Ardyn doesn't mention anything about Ifrit

Did they even announce chapter select? Damn man this game is gonna hit PC in flawless form. Can't wait that long to replay it though so already back on the PS4 version.

I haven't touched this game since late last year; I got to the part before I leave for that big city (the Venice-looking one).

Have there been any missable quests and/or items since then? I'd hate to think I've missed out on anything permanently because I haven't been playing every single day.

Koozek

Did they even announce chapter select? Damn man this game is gonna hit PC in flawless form. Can't wait that long to replay it though so already back on the PS4 version.
Yeah, last week at gamescom with the bestiary.

I haven't touched this game since late last year; I got to the part before I leave for that big city (the Venice-looking one).

Have there been any missable quests and/or items since then? I'd hate to think I've missed out on anything permanently because I haven't been playing every single day.
Nah. There a timed Chocobo Carnival event in January that now got reopned until the end of September. THere you can also get the Dream Egg item which unlock a special Assassin's Creed costume for Noctis (see the OP). Tomorrow the Assassin's Creed collabo event starts until the end of January. There you can also get another, AC: Origins-themed costume for the whole party.

ICYMI, there's now also an off-road car available when you talk to Cidney at the Hammerhead gas station.

Toth

Look at all these amazing update... still waiting for hard mode..... i think i'll wait forever...

If that and a combat overhaul happen before the PC release, you are going to see one helll of a PC version. The bestiary itself is fantastic and well detailed. Something FF10 and FF13's bestiaries lacked is the world building info present in this.

Nah. There a timed Chocobo Carnival event in January that now got reopned until the end of September. THere you can also get the Dream Egg item which unlock a special Assassin's Creed costume for Noctis (see the OP). Tomorrow the Assassin's Creed collabo event starts until the end of January. There you can also get another, AC: Origins-themed costume for the whole party.

ICYMI, there's now also an off-road car available when you talk to Cidney at the Hammerhead gas station.

Thanks! Good to know - it would suck for people just coming to the game now to learn there are items they've permanently missed due to not playing since day 1

Wow, missed that ...these updates have been so on point. Gonna feel so different, I got the Platinum around when it came out and decided to wait for the PC version for a replay and the DLC but these updates are too enticing, smh...

Meowster

Bestiary has made me realize I've missed a lot of enemies despite going through all the dungeons and optional content. Other than the hunts. Must be that. Damn it, now the completionist in me needs to make it completely filled.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

During the Astral War Ifrit
summoned the meteor that had the starscourge microbes latched on
. Remember that Titan has been in place since than because of the meteor that fell. Ifrit
died
. Somehow the Starscourge,
becoming stronger and more prevalent due to the machinations of Ardyn and his manipulation of the empire of Niflheim, revived the Astral.
The starscourge is already able
to turn people and other beings into monsters and the corruption makes Ardyn immortal. Doesn't take too many steps to say it has the power to bring an immensely powerful being back to life in a corrupted form.

Andrefpvs

Tabata has been talking about a Bestiary for a long time now, it's nice to finally see it in the game. Is there anything that's been talked about in the past that's still not in the game?

FinalAres

Tabata has been talking about a Bestiary for a long time now, it's nice to finally see it in the game. Is there anything that's been talked about in the past that's still not in the game?
The story changes they talked about. They only made the changes to chapter 13 so far.

Toth

During the Astral War Ifrit
summoned the meteor that had the starscourge microbes latched on
. Remember that Titan has been in place since than because of the meteor that fell. Ifrit
died
. Somehow the Starscourge,
becoming stronger and more prevalent due to the machinations of Ardyn and his manipulation of the empire of Niflheim, revived the Astral.
to turn people and other beings into monsters and the corruption makes Ardyn immortal. Doesn't take too many steps to say it has the power to bring an immensely powerful being back to life in a corrupted form.

Where does the Meteor information come from? Is it just the German translation?

Minamu

It was said that earlier FF15 trailers had some AC references/easter eggs in them, anyone know what they mean by this?

I think the fan theory is that
Ifrit summoned the meteor. Ardyn doesn't mention anything about Ifrit
Isn't one of the more prevailing fan theory that the starscourge
is tied to the burning of Ifrit's body
? Or is that only if you go deep into the rabbit hole about the potential narrative implications about the
Pitiouss dungeon

I haven't followed this game in a while but I remember the last thing I saw was that this game had received pretty broken performance on all performance modes on PS4 Pro when they uncapped the framerate?

Did they ever fix framepacing in the high-res mode? Did they ever introduce a performance mode that capped the framerate back to 30?

I'd like to get back in and do the Assassin's Festival DLC but to be honest, framepacing actually is one of my biggest game performance peeves, so I'm hoping I don't have to deal with it. I played the game to a Platinum Trophy in the performance/30fps locked mode and felt that it was fine and the ideal way to play, but last I heard that mode just went with an uncapped framerate that messed up the framepacing something crazy.

vkrili

Technically,
it was not the starscourge but the gods that made Ardyn immortal, as punishment.

Did they ever fix framepacing in the high-res mode? Did they ever introduce a performance mode that capped the framerate back to 30?
Framepacing is still around, but at least there's now a merciful "steady" mode that caps the framerate.

If they haven't fixed framepacing by now, it'll probably join the ranks of Bloodborne as an issue potentially too difficult to fix. The best hope is waiting for the PC version if it literally bothers you every 20 frames or so.

zIbtkIT.gif

Koozek

It was said that earlier FF15 trailers had some AC references/easter eggs in them, anyone know what they mean by this?
FFXV's Omen trailer had an AC easter egg (logo on a newspaper) and the recent AC:O trailer had the black dog from FFXV in it.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH1sCEUVoAUV5jQ.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH1sG2jUAAAfRj9.jpg[/IMG]

I haven't followed this game in a while but I remember the last thing I saw was that this game had received pretty broken performance on all performance modes on PS4 Pro when they uncapped the framerate?

I'd like to get back in and do the Assassin's Festival DLC but to be honest, framepacing actually is one of my biggest game performance peeves, so I'm hoping I don't have to deal with it. I played the game to a Platinum Trophy in the performance/30fps locked mode and felt that it was fine and the ideal way to play, but last I heard that mode just went with an uncapped framerate that messed up the framepacing something crazy.
High Mode (4k) still has framepacing issues. They added a Steady Mode capped to 30, basically like the original Lite Mode, and now there's an uncapped Lite Mode mostly between 40 and 50.

Does the level select keep my levels and such?
Yes, but be careful not to overwrite your most recent save game while you're in another chapter through the chapter selection since it resets every sidequest you did when you load another chapter!!!

Ken

is the AC stuff time limited?

derp nvm end of sept.

i barely played my copy. how fast can i reach this stuff if
noctis started getting headaches and titan i think??

Top Bottom