• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Intense Boss Fights Reportedly Causing PS5 Consoles To Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdok

Some of the boss fights in Square Enix’s upcoming action role-playing game, Final Fantasy XVI, are reportedly causing PS5 consoles to overheat.

People with early access to copies of Final Fantasy XVI as well as those who have played the recently released demo have been reporting that the game tends to overheat their PS5 console during certain boss fights.

Twitter user TheSphereHunter stated that she has been playing a certain PS5 game that hasn’t yet been released, where a boss fight made her console overheat to the point where it just turned off completely at the end of the fight. Meanwhile, some members of gaming enthusiast forum, Reset Era, have also been having overheating issues with the game’s recently released playable demo on PS5. One member mentioned that he was fighting the Morbol boss when his PS5 showed a message stating that the console needed to be turned off in order to cool down.

Regardless of whether this is a common problem with those playing the game or its demo, it’s always a good idea to keep your console’s vents, fan and heat sink clean from potential dust that may accumulate over time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

Stay safe out there GAF

Also, be sure your console is properly ventilated

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe they should have given more time to that day 1 patch. The game has come in rather hot, literally.

swaffles23

I keep my room super dusted and usually open up my console every 6 months or so to clean the fan. It just takes a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom