• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Intense Boss Fights Reportedly Causing PS5 Consoles To Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Launch console, *heavy* use, vertical placement since I had it, haven't cleaned out the dust in a while, ZERO issues with FFXVI 🤷‍♂️

Same. Its almost as if these are a minority of a minority that people are trying to make a much larger deal than it really is. Like with the Switch's "dock scratching", Xbox Elite Controller "breaking", etc. You don't hear from the millions who don't have any issue because, why would you? You only hear from the folks who have an issue so it looks like a bigger deal than it really is.

shubik

The game crashed my ps5 3 times yesterday. Each time I had to manually unplug the console to restart it. I haven’t had this kind of shit since the release of Cyberpunk. What the hell is this bullshit?!?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The game crashed my ps5 3 times yesterday. Each time I had to manually unplug the console to restart it. I haven’t had this kind of shit since the release of Cyberpunk. What the hell is this bullshit?!?
Sounds like a you issue, not the issue of the game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Same. Its almost as if these are a minority of a minority that people are trying to make a much larger deal than it really is. Like with the Switch's "dock scratching", Xbox Elite Controller "breaking", etc. You don't hear from the millions who don't have any issue because, why would you? You only hear from the folks who have an issue so it looks like a bigger deal than it really is.
Xbox Elite Controller "breaking"

I returned 4 of those shitpads.
Gave up in the end

KrisB

Got up to the part that they’re referring to and had no issues on my launch PS5. Haven’t heard the fans turn on once. Really surprised as some parts are intense.

Glad SE are back, loving this.

StueyDuck

Isn't Murica having like an insane heatwave?

wouldn't it make sense that things that create heat are getting to hot in an intense heatwave?

Here in SA in the summer my PC can get out of hand hot, before my new build with the liquid cooler i'd have my fans in jet mode in the summer to keep the PC running optimally

Last edited:

GeekyDad

This is awesome news if true. I mean, this is what you live for as a gamer. A game that makes the power lines blow!

heavy metal GIF

Hudo

The overheating is just the combat timer to enhance the drama of the fight. Dunno what's wrong with you guys. Just beat the boss faster.

Kamina

Golden Boy
What is that?
It’s a heatsink for the internal SSD extension

Last edited:

Krathoon

You PS5 is so cool that it catches on fire.

They may need to adjust the BIOS to use the fan more often. It may not be kicking off early enough.

Krathoon

I may have to put my PS5 on a better power strip. I keep having power outages where I am at.

I worry that it may mess it up some day.

I have issue with ffxvo but i am not sure if it is overheating. Whenver I change area, the is a chance the game will freeze and ps5 hard crash. When I csan reboot my ps5 it say sopmethign like reparing complete Sometime nothing happen within a few hours, sometime a hout in. When I turn the ps5 back it, it say will system repairing. Is my system overheating or some more serious problem like the hard drive? That would explain why game can crash when loading...

I got error code Erro code is CE-108262-9

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I have issue with ffxvo but i am not sure if it is overheating. Whenver I change area, the is a chance the game will freeze and ps5 hard crash. When I csan reboot my ps5 it say sopmethign like reparing complete Sometime nothing happen within a few hours, sometime a hout in. When I turn the ps5 back it, it say will system repairing. Is my system overheating or some more serious problem like the hard drive? That would explain why game can crash when loading...

Software related from what the Sony site says:

CE-108262-9​

There may be a problem reading the system software or application data.

Please update the system software and application to the latest version.​

Different site says it could be HDMI device link related:

Fix 2: Turn off HDMI Device Link​

PS5 is designed with an HDMI Device Link feature that enables your TV to communicate with the PS5 console more easily and conveniently. With this feature enabled, you can perform limited operations of your system using your TV’s remote control.

However, this feature might cause problems sometimes. If you encounter the PS5 CE-108262-9 error code again and again, you can try disabling HDMI Device Link to troubleshoot the error. And here are the detailed steps.

Step 1: On the home screen of your PS5 console, select the Settings icon.

Step 2: Navigate to System > HDMI.

Step 3: Find the Enable HDMI Device Link option and turn off the toggle to disable the feature.

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
People care about their PS5 more than one game; this might impact sales of the game for people of the worrying kind

damidu

12 hours in on my launch ps5 without a single crash or overheating. and yeah it’s standing vertical since day 1 too. lol
i think i cleaned it last, over a year ago while installing m2 drive

if its installed on m2 drive, try moving game to internal and see if it makes a difference.
if not yeah maybe a drive issue, try uninstall reinstall maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom