• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI - your expectations after the great success of Final Fantasy XV

Hype for Final Fantasy XVI

Votes: 11 25.6%

Votes: 5 11.6%

Votes: 7 16.3%

Votes: 3 7.0%

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

D.Final

Banned
What about the Type-0 style? Each nation having its own style. You got one diesel-punk, one medieval, one ancient and one magic heavy mixed with industrial revolution aesthetics nations. I really enjoyed the incredible diversity of enemies, characters, weapons, environments, ideas etc.

Even I'm think that can be an interesting idea.
This makes me remind of that epic teaser for Final Fantasy Type 1.

It would be cool to see a new concept in the feudal Japan

Last edited:

Zelent

My expectations are pretty low... I mean... Square can't possible make an FF that is actually worse than FFXV... can they?
Heck, I'll even take another XIII. That game is a masterpiece compared to XV.

E.T. Waifu

And that's exactly what I'm already doing.
But it is obvious that if the discussion always focuses on:

A: I think this 1
B: I think this is 2 not 1
A: for me it is 1
B: instead it is 2
Don't listen to these guys, they always need someone to bother. If you like the ending, you like it, and that's all that matters. Plus, no matter what anyone says, XV has been a huge success for SE.

The Snake

I liked XV for what it was but I really, really don't want another game like that in the Final Fantasy series. It just feels like Tetsuya Nomura has hijacked the franchise and turned it into his own thing; I really wish he'd just start a different franchise full of prettyboy fashion models and sports cars and leave Final Fantasy alone.

I'd like the next one to be more in line with Bravely Default or something.

Kumomeme

I can't wait to see what Final Fantasy XVI will look like, since I loved Final Fantasy XV, that I found one of the best Final Fantasy ever made :messenger_smiling_hearts:
(and I say that from longtime fans of the saga)

ZZ3ffX0.png
i dont believe in metascore/metacritic....but Shadowbringers is highest rating final fantasy this decade, even sit among top of the franchise and only ff that included in top 50 best game in this decade

pfwoXLF.png

there is minor differences with pc and ps4 version rating

mvhfbzht9a931.jpg

and actually Heavensward should be higher than Stormblood which is where the storyline quality bit drop down

but nah..there more than rating on metacritic to measure a game.

zkorejo

XV was my first FF game. It was really good but definitely felt rushed. Could have been more fleshed out, especially the story. It had the potential to be great tbh.

I will be going in to VII fresh. From what I have heard, it's better than XV people say. I'm excited.. more than I was before playing XV.

Top Bottom