• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - March 20th - 22nd

MrDaravon

So a guy who got DQ'd made Top 8 in SF4? That's cool.

Yeah, people saying it wasn't as big a deal as the bracket floating at ECT last year have been proven wrong in the worst way possible lol. CPT folks need to address this, someone who should have been DQ'd is now getting paid as well as CPT points which is pretty fucked. At least assuming Damdai was correct.

yepppp fchamp better fundamentals are showing.

You can really see the power gap between fchamp and others with this match. Fchamp is just brute forcing the matchup and still winning with just pure fundamentals.

edit
Yepppp Jeron/Hiro should be DQ way early on. This fucks a lot of things over. Yeah Jeron legitimately won those matches, but those matches should of never been played if what Damdai is saying is true.

Did other people get DQ'd for being late? Did other people get the same treatment and moved to different pool that had openings.

Maybe I am weird, but I think it is different when it is in pools, before they start, opposed later in the tournament after things have progressed. Like, what, what if you never saw he was in pool 1. It wouldn't matter if he was in pool 8.

I think the main thing is if other people got DQ'd.

Did other people get DQ'd for being late? Did other people get the same treatment and moved to different pool that had openings.

Maybe I am weird, but I think it is different when it is in pools, before they start, opposed later in the tournament after things have progressed.

most likely it happens to other people that know the pool runners/to.

The problem is that CPT is involved. Its a lot of money involved. A lot of money that people got potentially dicked out of because the rules weren't followed.

most likely it happens to other people that know the pool runners/to.

The problem is that CPT is involved. Its a lot of money involved. A lot of money that people got potentially dicked out of because the rules weren't followed.

Should had not happened of course. But then he is assuming he would had won his pool if he wasn't in there?. Simple as that? That's not a given. He thought he had an easier path without him there.

kirblar

There were a lot of people very frustrated with the bracket/pool management on Friday IIRC, w/ someone saying they were going to be there at 8am because they had absolutely no idea when they were playing and didn't want to be DQ'd.

Should had not happened of course. But then he is assuming he would had won his pool if he wasn't in there?. Simple as that? That's not a given. He thought he had an easier path without him there.

all of that doesn't matter. Rules are rules. Doesn't matter if damdai would of went' 0-2 regardless of what happen. What happen is that Jeron was potentially let back in and mess up brackets if what is said is true.

Seyavesh

I SPOKE TOO SOON

KhC1p7A.png

Anne

Brackets were fucked. Pretty sure some people got DQed into losers (supposedly Champ) and other stuff. Like FR is so poorly run this year(from what I've heard) I would bet money that there was some scheduling issue or somebody dropping the ball stupidly hard.

Or somebody got floated and then made top 8.

Dahbomb

Ok that play at the end was fucking godlike.

Clockwork got styled by Strider... the irony.

Cat's doing HARD TAG CROSSUP on incoming now?

I know I'm outta the loop
That's X factor only tech. And if Clockwork had blocked it he would've won the game LOL! But Terry bet all in with that mix up. Everyone in the universe would've gotten hit by it in that situation.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No one fucking learned from another tournament I won't mention that decided to "spice" things up by switching brackets... Seriously? FR is losing all credibility if this bullshit is true, fuck the tournament.

CurlyW

Guilty Gear Xrd Top 8 is set

Winners:
blackSNAKE vs. BT MarlinPie
Kazunoko vs. FF ElvenShadow

Losers:
Zinac vs. TS NerdJosh
Doren2k vs. Kurumster

I wish somebody else was on the mic besides Persia, tbh. GG is fun to watch though.

Anybody who complains about Ski though, THOSE guys are crazy......

Brackets were fucked. Pretty sure some people got DQed into losers (supposedly Champ) and other stuff. Like FR is so poorly run this year(from what I've heard) I would bet money that there was some scheduling issue or somebody dropping the ball stupidly hard.

Or somebody got floated and then made top 8.

heard about some shit with uniel and persona in regards to scheduling.

Top Bottom