• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XVII - 2014 Fighting Game Tournament - March 14th - 16th

I-hate-u

If Full Schedule claimed Wiz gave the OK when he did not, I can understand Wiz being mad.

Its a simple matter that is up to the Tournament organizers like Larry and Wiz with advice from experts like Markman. There is no need to make a big fuss about something like that.

And FullSchedule played phenomenally today with all of his characters, not just Viper. So I hope people stop discrediting the guy for his efforts.

As dubious as this now may be because Full Schedule wasn't approved, the sudden rush of top players retweeting and talking about stuff regarding should be getting banned, ejected, etc., is a bit annoying to me.

Dat clique

Yea kinda sucks for him, but he is sorta cheating.

The top players tweeting about it with their 10K-20K followers will cause make it seem like there's even more drama

Kumubou

What's an auto-plink stick? Is that different from the select/back button mod?
The select/back mod is different, since that's just rearranging the buttons on the stick and has always been allowed. The auto-plink tech is basically wiring every button on the stick to also hit select, so that every input is automatically doubled up. That's technically not allowed but the only way you'll ever know is by opening the stick up or by going into training mode.

So, what we're saying is, if he mapped them to L1/L2, we'd never be having this conversation, just like the auto-plinkers...? :D
If the game, for some godforsaken reason, allowed you to bind diagonal inputs to a single button, then no one would care. You can also bind directions to buttons generally -- but it has to be a one to one mapping. You've never been allowed to wire one button to hit all three punches and have a 3P button in games that don't have that binding, and that is what this would fall under, I think.

RocBase

As dubious as this now may be because Full Schedule wasn't approved, the sudden rush of top players retweeting and talking about stuff regarding should be getting banned, ejected, etc., is a bit annoying to me.

Dat clique

this is pissing me off as well. mob effect in full force

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Seriously though, I warned the dude about this not even two weeks ago.

Up+right is two distinct inputs. If you bind those to 1 button then *somebody* is going to object to that because it's a macro by definition.

Why didn't he clear it with Larry. Derrike pls.

I didn't even watch Full Schedule's matches today. I'm gonna have to watch the archive and see what godlike Viper shit he was doing.

This is some 2009 "3 punches/3 kicks macro should be banned from SF4" bullshit.

The difference is that 3P is built into the game settings, while FS's stick requires a hardware mod to macro 2 inputs onto a single button.

K.Sabot

Lol at this CORN bullshit on the stream.

"next time you time you *unintelligible* i'mma get in your face, but this time I'mma let you off"

gutless prostration.

Shouta

That actually happen or you just being a joker? =P

I didn't even watch Full Schedule's matches today. I'm gonna have to watch the archive and see what godlike Viper shit he was doing.

The difference is that 3P is built into the game settings, while FS's stick requires a hardware mod to macro 2 inputs onto a single button.

I don't know marvel well enough to tell but the only thing u/f and u/b would be good for would be TK moves but it looked like Full Schedule was just straight up playing better neutral and getting better mix-ups in the match rather than doing something that is nigh impossible.

Bi0p87jIgAAJHdf.jpg
The Plot Thickens.

^damnit Shouta

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
This is some 2009 "3 punches/3 kicks macro should be banned from SF4" bullshit.
Please.

It's a hardware mod. He's programming his controller to do things that aren't available in the game. The rules are that you can only use inputs that the game itself allows.

Omega

Banned
Well technically it is cheating if it's not a preset macro within the game. I don't see why Marvel would allow that but if it does it's fair game.

Otherwise yeah, it should be banned. It's most likely allowing him to play at a higher level than he normally could.

the mob mentality is still uncalled for. Apparently this dude has been to tournaments before and used this stick before and no one complained, but now that hes winning you want him DQed?

Kumubou

this is the slippery slope problem we invited when we made the decision as a community to allow macros
I don't think that's the case at all, button marcos are completely dictated by the game and are available for anyone to use. (Hell, French Bread puts button marcos in their arcade games.) Whereas this is a stick that is working around limitations of the console spec and how the game handles input. It's pretty easy to say it's allowed if the game allows it and to just cut it off from there.

Shouta

Full Schedule doesn't mention that they're diagonal buttons in that exchange. That's the part that would be illegal.

"Hitbox-style" buttons are only up down left and right.

Now, if they check his stick and it's just a hitbox style setup and a stick at the same time without the u/f and u/b, then what? That's pretty much the situation we have with a regular pad, isn't it? lol

LegatoB

So, since there's four extra buttons on the controller, what if it's not "the button inputs diagonals" but rather "the buttons I added are Up, Left, Up, and Right"?

Now, if they check his stick and it's just a hitbox style setup and a stick at the same time without the u/f and u/b, then what? That's pretty much the situation we have with a regular pad, isn't it? lol

Full Schedule has already tweeted that they're diagonal upforward / upback buttons.

Top Bottom