• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Uncharted 4 Trailer

I know with game development its hard to judge but I would definitely appreciate a shorter period between reveal and release ND's next title (like U2 and U3). The wait for U4 has felt so long.
well we pretty much knew it was coming. and the first teaser was in line with the launch of the Ps4, which was 2 years after Uc3.

well we pretty much knew it was coming. and the first teaser was in line with the launch of the Ps4, which was 2 years after Uc3.

I still think ND is screwing with us, they have to have a small-er team in pre-production for their next project and have another title ready by fall 2018-spring 2019. Neil and Bruce are going to spend another 6 month developing the single player DLC. You are telling me the rest of ND is just going to be doing this and MP until the end of the year -_-

zsynqx

The mere fact that you are comparing them is what's interesting..but whatever...

Please tell me, why is it Interesting?

It's just weird is all.. UC4 (and mostly every other game this gen) cutscenes look great, but they aren't on CG level. Even ND devs will tell you that.

But I never said it did look as good. Just seeing how close/far we are from CG quality in games. I even said it's not the best way to compare, using gifs.

Rarely do we see the same scene in CG and rendered in-game so again, just an interesting comparison.

It's pointless if the benchmark isn't current standards, rather than past standards.
Actually trying to compare realtime vs offline rendering from the same timeframe is pointless. Realtime will never look as good as CG from the same year(s). It's math. More time per frame (hours vs 33 milliseconds), and more computing power (renderfarm vs a console with 1/1000th of compute power).

Also, consider me disappointed.

That was not a trailer. That was a TV spot / ad. It wasn't even teaser-trailer length (over a minute). Oh well, probably for the best.

Back to hibernation until May 9th, where I'll wake up and get things situated for my midnight excursion into the world of Uncharted.

we'll see. maybe they'll target to fuckin hit holiday 2018 but dem delays will hit em back.
uncharted was big when Uc3 launched, but the IP/franchise/name is much bigger now that the Ps4 is also a juggernaut, in the same relative manner that halo 3 had that advantageous push with the 360 being so popular. if you know what i mean.
yeah we'll see, I'm thinking TLOU numbers. But over a longer period of time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's safe to say that I'll replay Ship Graveyard a lot. I know I could say that for the whole game, but this one looks insanely insane.

ut56vjJ.png

O_O.
Mother of god.

SomTervo

I'm still deciding wether to get it on day one. I rarely get non-JRPG at D1 but with TLOU I decided to buy it like 5 days before release and I didn't regret it.

TBH they've earned my trust with TLoU and Uncharted 2. Even if UC4 is disappointing, I'm getting it day zero.

(Probably day -3: my local brick and mortar always break street date)

Short and sweet, perfect final trailer. I think they listened or just get that people are not wanting to see much more before release now.

The most underwhelming trailer I have ever watched. I expected sth ground breaking as the final trailer, but it was just a compilation of tiny segments from previous trailers. I wish I hadn't watched it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The most underwhelming trailer I have ever watched. I expected sth ground breaking as the final trailer, but it was just a compilation of tiny segments from previous trailers. I wish I hadn't watched it.

In gaming/movies (general), or just UC4?

Cause if the former... mannnnnn...

I still think ND is screwing with us, they have to have a small-er team in pre-production for their next project and have another title ready by fall 2018-spring 2019. Neil and Bruce are going to spend another 6 month developing the single player DLC. You are telling me the rest of ND is just going to be doing this and MP until the end of the year -_-
i think it'll be dope if we get tlou2 in q4 2018, so if they can do it they will do it.
yeah we'll see, I'm thinking TLOU numbers. But over a longer period of time.
it'll do way higher than tlou numbers. that was a new IP with nd's good rep being the only going for it (before all the press shit). uncharted is playstation's biggest franchise.

Bliman

Banned
Wow nice one Shin-Ra thanks for interpreting my posts. I already said Uncharted looks very good, but no apparently that's not enough you have to be gobsmacked and don't have any criticism. That's fine by me. But the reason that I don't post often is because I always fear such reactions as yours where you can't speak freely (you must always have an agenda).
I admit that I haven't followed Uncharted (and no I don't have a Playstation 4), I just saw this trailer and compared it to the reveal. And for the last weeks I have been playing qb and just gave my opinion (I still feel that qb is using some form of global illumination). I definitely don't want to be a troll, I just gave my honest opinion.
I also don't get it why when you have more posts you are more credible (I am playing games for more then 30 years now).
I have now seen some movies in the preview thread and I find those much more impressive then this trailer. Also the lighting in the gameplay I saw with the jeep looks much better.
So next time if you decide to put someone down consider that that person maybe is just giving his honest opinion or questions.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Bliman, I really wanted to stay out of this, but practically every single thing you said about this game sounds like sour grapes - like if you're justifying it to yourself that you're fine with what you have, and you don't reeealy need this... I find that it's much better to not try and express that kind of sentiment in great detail because it always ends up sounding cringeworthy, no matter what the intent. Then you get people endlessly calling you out on that, and you build a subconscious repulsion to a game in question, only to be hyper-critical of it once you finally get to play it someday. By going through those motions, you're practically ruining games for yourself that you'd otherwise potentially really like.

Also, Quantum Break is using a realtime GI solution for the sun (at least), which was important in it, as the global lighting can change drastically at a moment's notice. It's not the only game that does this (Crysis 3 did this first iirc) but it's using it to a very good effect. Remedy typically love to sacrifice image quality so that they can achieve better rendering tech. I'm not sure what the UC4 is using in comparison, but it looks to have GI probes for the moving objects (jeep, etc) as well as GI for the flashlight, it has ambient shadows, and some mixture of pre-baked and realtime lighting for the ambient light - which they can (and this case should, as it will always look better) use, as their game doesn't have day/night changes or global destructibility.

Bliman

Banned
Lord Error thanks for the reply, I think you are right in everything you say and I have learned my lesson.
Maybe my post was ridden to hasty especially when everybody is looking so forward to this game (and rightfully).
I must have seen more gameplay for I made a comment, so I apologize for it after now seen more gameplay in the preview thread.
I also would like to comment that the gameplay that I have seen with the jeep is very cool how the mud sticks to the weels (just like spintires).
I look forward to E3 to see what Sony has in store for us to maybe pick up the new PS4

SomTervo

Lord Error thanks for the reply, I think you are right in everything you say and I have learned my lesson.
Maybe my post was ridden to hasty especially when everybody is looking so forward to this game (and rightfully).
I must have seen more gameplay for I made a comment, so I apologize for it after now seen more gameplay in the preview thread.
I also would like to comment that the gameplay that I have seen with the jeep is very cool how the mud sticks to the weels (just like spintires).
I look forward to E3 to see what Sony has in store for us to maybe pick up the new PS4

Hear hear!

Good on you!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why did that post need a double take?

Not the post, I meant seeing your name and new avatar (was so used to the old one, lol.)

You know how it is, where avatars are recognizable without seeing the names, so I was like, I don't really recognize this avatar... oh he changed it duh, lol.

Top Bottom