• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

Haunted

This is what freeloader does, confirmed by codejunkies staff, who actually investigated my questions when I asked about it, TESTED it, and then called me back:

• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL REGION-CODING.
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL WII UPDATES ON A WII GAME DISK (INCLUDING SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL).
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES THE NECESSITY OF CHECKING FOR GAME UPDATES; THUS ALLOWING THE GAME FILES TO BE PLAYED SAFELY WITHOUT ANY RISK OF BRICKING YOUR WII CONSOLE.
• CODEJUNKIES STAFF HAVE CONFIRMED TO ME, BY PHONE, THAT IF A WII FIRMWARE UPDATE SOMEHOW BLOCKS THE WII FREELOADER, THEY WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATED WII FREELOADER FREE OF CHARGE WHEN ONE IS CREATED, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF YOUR ORIGINAL COPY OF WII FREELOADER.
*fap fap fap fap*

That shows a great deal of confidence in their product if they're willing to offer a lifetime guarantee on it.

I wonder how cost effective it will be for them if they keep shipping DVDs every firmware update- I guess this is why they have such extortionate postage prices compared to resellers.

I'm buying it as soon as Codejunkies or Datel tell me directly. I'm not trusting some kid on a Nintendo forum.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Visualante said:
I'm buying it as soon as Codejunkies or Datel tell me directly. I'm not trusting some kid on a Nintendo forum.

Well I would ring them, but its a UK only number. And now its the weekend.

The guy who was emailing hasn't got back to me.

VOOK said:
Well I would ring them, but its a UK only number. And now its the weekend.

The guy who was emailing hasn't got back to me.
I spoke to Datel directly and they said they hadn't tested Brawl yet and that they would let me know as soon as they had. Hence my skepticism.

They obviously can't put it in the product listing because it's an unofficial product.

VOOK

Visualante said:
I spoke to Datel directly and they said they hadn't tested Brawl yet and that they would let me know as soon as they had. Hence my skepticism.

They obviously can't put it in the product listing because it's an unofficial product.

Doesn't stop them making those specific things for editing Pokemon games, I think come the end of the weekend we'll hear more.

Im not reporting anything more until we're 100% or I can test it myself. Then I am even sure people wouldn't believe me.

Johnkers

VOOK said:
Doesn't stop them making those specific things for editing Pokemon games, I think come the end of the weekend we'll hear more.

Im not reporting anything more until we're 100% or I can test it myself. Then I am even sure people wouldn't believe me.

I'll believe you <3

I would assume that the free updates would be limited to the UK unless otherwise stated. I have gone through their process with free replacement discs before for Freeloader as I mentioned earlier and received new discs within about a week.

VOOK

EternalDarko said:
I would assume that the free updates would be limited to the UK unless otherwise stated. I have gone through their process with free replacement discs before for Freeloader as I mentioned earlier and received new discs within about a week.

I'd give Code Junkies my child if I had one for region free games. Well maybe not my child but someones.

batbeg

Anasui Kishibe said:
great man, thanks

now I'm about to place the order and I have to indicate TWO postal codes..wth?
should I write the same postal code twice?

EDIT: I see I simply misunderstood :)

CTLance

I can't for the life of me get the codejunkies page to work. All the browsers I use (Opera, Firefox, Safari) just get stuck loading something. This is really pissing me off.

Right now I'm trying to load the Wii Freeloader page, and it's been stuck for ten minutes at 52%. Sometimes the page in question loads enough data to show a page (loading bar doesn't go away though), but then the cart doesn't work. Regardless of how often I click the buy button, nothing happens besides that stupid red "please wait" banner.

Anybody else having that problem?

Fake edit: Ok, what the fuck. They're sending a hidden field in their HTML source (nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly legit and pretty often used to keep unimportant data at the client side without needing a cookie), and it seems the process that's sending its value somehow dies in the middle of outputting the value or something.That... that's just all kinds of wrong. I don't claim to be a HTML know-all, but something is seriously fucked up here.

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="4pUBDeY5pNDVkU9riLUiyq439n2entJEx8GznVcU3AC/9ekiuqXaL/ccPrc1GJjq/ (...)
That beast is huge... I just stopped loading the page when that (hash?) value had 16623 characters... What are they encoding in there? The exact value of Pi?

It hurts my HTML/webshop setup senses! And I didn't even know I had any!

I'm a bit ... uneasy about giving them my data now. If they do wtf-worthy stuff with their store frontend, then what about the backend? I'll continue trying though, I want that damn Freeloader.

Dachande

Anasui Kishibe said:
great man, thanks

now I'm about to place the order and I have to indicate TWO postal codes..wth?
should I write the same postal code twice?

They're in two halves.

XX6 7XX or something like that. One half in each box. Caught me out the first time too.

VOOK

666 said:
Hey Vook, i'm in Sydney and i'll buy it off you if it works.

how much?

I've put your name next on the list, but I have to weigh up which one comes first to work out the shipping etc.

Wizpig

Hey guys, question question about No More Heroes:
US No More Heroes -> Subtitles [Y] or [N] ?
Obviously, i'm asking if the game got English subtitles, not expecting other languages in the US copy.

lopaz

Banned
Right PALers I need your help, please recommend where I can import American games. Play-asia is my first thought, will they have Smash Bros Brawl in stock soon after the release?

lopaz said:
Right PALers I need your help, please recommend where I can import American games. Play-asia is my first thought, will they have Smash Bros Brawl in stock soon after the release?

www.movietyme.com

DS and PSP games are quite cheap (Patapon <£12, Advance Wars 2 US version <£17) but Wii games are only slightly cheaper than PAL internet stores.

NZNova

VOOK said:
Give them a email and see what they say, either way there is going to be plenty of online stores stocking it here in Australia.

I emailed them about shipping to New Zealand - the guy said they would be adding NZ as a shipping option once they've renegotiated their shipping agreement with the delivery company, apparently. You can assume from that they will re-add Australia too.

Wizpig

The website of Codejunkies says something like "Unshipped - Unpaid - Processing" after you make the order, but it's not like you have to do something else to "pay" right? It's all automatic after the package get shipped, i think?
That confused me

Wizpig said:
The website of Codejunkies says something like "Unshipped - Unpaid - Processing" after you make the order, but it's not like you have to do something else to "pay" right? It's all automatic after the package get shipped, i think?
That confused me
I don't think it counts payment until it finishes processing and is about to ship

samratty

Wizpig said:
That confused me
Prolly means they haven't charged your card yet.

Edit: BEATED

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Darunia said:
How much do they charge for shipping to Europe?

EDIT: Nevermind...
USA & International shipping rates are $7.49 cdn per game title (ie PS2 videogame title) which is equivalent to $7.00us , 3.50GBP , 5.25Euro this rates changes according to the exchange rate on the day you purchase your item. Larger Items such as consoles and controllers, and PC Games have higher shipping costs due to their weight. Please proceed to checkout to see the shipping costs.

luffeN

NZNova said:
I emailed them about shipping to New Zealand - the guy said they would be adding NZ as a shipping option once they've renegotiated their shipping agreement with the delivery company, apparently. You can assume from that they will re-add Australia too.

lol, that's the same response I got for Austria :D

Ramenman

Dumb question :

On the order page of CodeJunkies, the "shipping" option isn't selected by default. What does that mean ? It's not like I can order anything and not get it shipped right ?

I'm getting all confused, not to mention that I'm not even sure I passed the Double Postal Code of Doom's trial with success.

Edit : Hey what ? No More Heroes just disappeared from VGplus.ca :/ the search returns no results, and the URL in my history (I visited the page this afternoon) leads nowhere anymore.
That's Brutal.

Ramenman said:
Dumb question :

On the order page of CodeJunkies, the "shipping" option isn't selected by default. What does that mean ? It's not like I can order anything and not get it shipped right ?

I'm getting all confused, not to mention that I'm not even sure I passed the Double Postal Code of Doom's trial with success.

Edit : Hey what ? No More Heroes just disappeared from VGplus.ca :/ the search returns no results, and the URL in my history (I visited the page this afternoon) leads nowhere anymore.
That's Brutal.

It's kind of stupid, but I think that's with VGPlus when they're out of stock. I could be wrong though.

lopaz said:

www.movietyme.com

Cheap, free delivery and usually quite quick (about a week to deliver)

Of course, i didn't use them for my SSBB, i used play-asia for FEDEX delivery (i want it ASAP dammit!)

Thomper

Jocchan said:
How much do they charge for shipping to Europe?

EDIT: Nevermind...
It's actually about 4 euro's with current shipping rates. That may still sound like a lot, but they ship incredibly fast. I'm Dutch, and pretty much everything I've ordered from them so far has arrived in 3 or 4 days.

Ramenman

Jaded Alyx said:
It's kind of stupid, but I think that's with VGPlus when they're out of stock. I could be wrong though.

Haha, I'm so pissed.

4 hours earlier and I had it :/

Edit : Nobody cares about my stupid CodeJunkies' shipping question ?

Here's some more :
When I see "free shipping" on dvdboxoffice, does that mean international free shipping?
Can I have info on the stock on Movietyme? Like "shipping in 24h" or "shipping 1-5 days", that kind of stuff.

More importantly, what site is the faster one assuming they're both reliable sites ?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thomper said:
It's actually about 4 euro's with current shipping rates. That may still sound like a lot, but they ship incredibly fast. I'm Dutch, and pretty much everything I've ordered from them so far has arrived in 3 or 4 days.

CassSept

Goddamnit, codejunkies dont ship to Poland :x
That means i have to wait for Play-Asia to start selling freeloaders >_<
But anyway, as this is confirmed, time to order esS esS Bee Bee, woohoo:D

LordGek

Paranoia Time!

One of the new tweaks in the latest Wii update would allow little patches for games (that cute deal where it would inform you if the disc inserted has an update available). So what happens if Shiren 3 (the one game I would consider getting this silly thing for) releases some sort of update (like maybe some re-working of how they'll be handling their online aspects or some of the new content they'd later be releasing), would my use of Freeloader block these game specific updates?

luffeN

from maxconsole.net

Wii Free Loader features great compatibility, likely to have three versions

Divineo.co.uk has shot us over furter insider information regarding Datel's FreeLoader product for the Wii. So far, 41 Wii import games have been tested on a PAL console, 37 worked without problems while 4 required a firmware update to work. This is disbaled but to get these games to work on a lower firmware, you need to do a DOUBLE swap, ie re-insert FreeLoader then insert the game again to work. It is also beleived that there will be three versions of the software, one for each JAP/USA/EU, thus the images are likely not to be final and will have just one respective flag on the front.

either play asia is right or maxconsole wrote this because of play asia

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Is it just me, or is anyone else slightly disturbed by the fact that there are no hands-on reviews of a Datel product? I mean, it would be hard to believe that they'd claim it did something and that it just didn't work at all... but, well, this is Datel we're talking about...

LordGek said:
Paranoia Time!

One of the new tweaks in the latest Wii update would allow little patches for games (that cute deal where it would inform you if the disc inserted has an update available). So what happens if Shiren 3 (the one game I would consider getting this silly thing for) releases some sort of update (like maybe some re-working of how they'll be handling their online aspects or some of the new content they'd later be releasing), would my use of Freeloader block these game specific updates?
No, I don't think that was game patches, like what happens on Xbox Live. It just pops up a message to inform you that the game disc has a system update on it that must be installed.

LordGek

ImNotLikeThem said:
No, I don't think that was game patches, like what happens on Xbox Live. It just pops up a message to inform you that the game disc has a system update on it that must be installed.

Well, grr, I was hoping this might happen with the upcoming Wiiware stuff. I definitely will hold off on this thing until I see how it gets on with the Wiiware stuff.

shuri

Banned
so they havent tested it yet with Smash Bro, which was one of the few games worth importing so far, and one of the biggest wii title ever? Something is fishy

AVOID.

Top Bottom