• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yeah I have sent Datel a email to there PR department hoping for more information.

Also just double confirming that DVD Crave will be getting them in.

Nocebo

batbeg said:
Well, the actual product itself has three different flags on it indicating it works on all region systems, and the official website describes it as working on all region systems, so I'm assuming Play-Asia is in the wrong on this one.

We'll know soon enough hopefully
I lied, it can't come soon enough.
Or it means it PLAYS those regions D:

Nocebo

Witchfinder General said:
Please let it play on PAL Wii's so we don't have to wait an eternity for SSB:B.
UK is PAL right? I went and ordered one from the UK site assuming that one would run on a PAL machine.

fatty

Besides importing games before they are released in your region, are there any games worth importing that are not coming to the U.S. (like Puzzle Collection for the Gamecube)? This is why I would want a Freeloader, I don't mind waiting for the U.S. release of games (my backlog is bad enough as it is).

[Nintex]

Well their site has different GCN Freeloaders(NTSC or PAL) and the Wii one makes no mention of PAL or NTSC so I think it works in both regions.
It better work in both regions :(

115.jpg
50.jpg
wii-free-loader-medium.jpg

NTSC Gamecube version ------------------- PAL NGC version ----------------------- Wii version

fatty said:
Besides importing games before they are released in your region, are there any games worth importing that are not coming to the U.S. (like Puzzle Collection for the Gamecube)? This is why I would want a Freeloader, I don't mind waiting for the U.S. release of games (my backlog is bad enough as it is).
Not really, most everything worth playing has been brought over.

batbeg

fatty said:

I'm getting worried Chocobo Mystery Dungeon won't make it :( I mean... it still can, and I don't entirely understand why they wouldn't localize it, but I'm still worried.

There's that Sengoku Basara 2 or whatever game that some people splooge about as well, isn't there?

fatty

ShockingAlberto said:
Not really, most everything worth playing has been brought over.

Thanks, that's what I kind of figured. There might be some games in the future but right now it seems like everything good has made its way stateside. I'll sit back on the sidelines for now and wait and see how Nintendo deals with this in their firmware upgrades.

batbeg said:
I'm getting worried Chocobo Mystery Dungeon won't make it :( I mean... it still can, and I don't entirely understand why they wouldn't localize it, but I'm still worried.
Considering how long the relatively simple Swords took, it looks like Square is just taking their sweet time bringing Wii games over.

Rlan

Since I'm really hoping this all works soon, and the fact that the Australian Dollar is at an all time high right now - where besides Play Asia can I import US games without being screwed over in prices and postage?

batbeg

_Alkaline_ said:
What about them?

So much confusion. :(

Their point is you have access to US Virtual Console and Channels. Not particularly useful without a US credit card or importing Wii Points cards though...

Dachande

I want this so badly for US No More Heroes, but the uncertainity is making me hold back.

As soon as this is released and someone tries US NMH on a PAL console, I'm so there.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
batbeg said:
Their point is you have access to US Virtual Console and Channels. Not particularly useful without a US credit card or importing Wii Points cards though...

You just set the country to Brazil and you can buy Wii Points with any credit card as it doesn't check address.

I phoned the 01785 number, which is actually reception and not a switchboard as I thought. However, the girl on the other end said she did actually work for the department I'm after -- and said that because its not available for distribution just yet (ie. its not shipping right now) they're unable to answer questions about it.

It might be best to put these questions to them or the codejunkies shop next week.

VOOK

Guys Datel got back to me and sent me some high resolution artworks.

Box art confirms;

You can launch and play Import Wii games with no modifications.

Play imported games from any region on ANY Wii con

batbeg

VOOK said:

Box art confirms;

Nice stuff :) Not that I had any doubts, the boxart is pretty indicative :lol

Does anybody have the exact ship date? "About 10 days" isn't a whole lot of specific really...

Mdk7

Dachande said:
I want this so badly for US No More Heroes, but the uncertainity is making me hold back.

As soon as this is released and someone tries US NMH on a PAL console, I'm so there.
i'm so with you man!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
VOOK said:

Box art confirms;

BUYING THIS BITCH RIGHT NOW.

batbeg said:

Oh i see haha. I was struggling to understand why people were talking about VC and such. Now i know. :lol

I've set my NTSC Wii to Brazil anyway to buy VC stuff. :)

VOOK

I'd post up the image tonight for confirmation, but I dont have any editing programs on me. First thing tomorrow I swearz, maybe with more info too :)

NIGHT FREELOADING BROS!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dachande said:

I will post if it works the second it comes through my door :D

Rlan said:
Since I'm really hoping this all works soon, and the fact that the Australian Dollar is at an all time high right now - where besides Play Asia can I import US games without being screwed over in prices and postage?

videogamesplus.ca

best site, and much faster than PA

Not been following this much, but do we have any confirmation that this works on the latest firmware of PAL consoles?

The second I know, I will be preordering Smash Bros and this AT ONCE!

[Nintex]

batbeg said:
Right, and Play-Asia knows more about Datel's unreleased product than Datel because...? Or, more importantly, all three boxarts are the exact same because...?
They might have different SKU's for each region though, manuals for example.

[Nintex] said:
They might have different SKU's for each region though, manuals for example.

Yes, I believe this is the case. However the actual disc is probably the same. Which means Play-Asia's claims are still wrong.

TreIII

Jaded Alyx said:
Yes, I believe this is the case. However the actual disc is probably the same. Which means Play-Asia's claims are still wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time that PA.com was mistaken on some products. They get some random staffer of theirs to often write the product description, when it would be MUCH easier if they would just basically did a lil copy-pasta of the descriptions from the official pages and leave it at that. :lol

batbeg

I imagine it's quite likely they're just covering their asses :) They don't know for sure how it works so they are "pretending" their region specific just in case.

They just got back to me about discs with firmware updates. Holy shit ! It's the real deal!!

Codejunkies said:
Dear Customer

Further to your email we can confirm that on every occasion that the product is used when the disc is inserted in the console that it allows the usage of any imported Wii game discs and disables the console from been able to update its firmware, if the disc is removed after been inserted and reinserted this will again enable the console to update its firmware but still allow the usage of the any imported Wii game discs.

Regards

Top Bottom