• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

I could be wrong, but didn't NoA's Shadow Dragon have a different localization than NoE's and it still came out three months later? There's an equally-high chance of Nintendo just not giving a fuck and putting Awakening on the absolute farthest backburner that they can as there is of them simply piggybacking.

It probably a business decision to get it away from this quarter and their shit load of releases. NoA doesnt need it this holiday. NoE might, because they arent getting one of those games we were shown this year.

Bullza2o

I've always thought most of the basic E3 planning was made by NOA (Reggie). Iwata and Miyamoto just butts in for groundbreaking news.

Ultimadrago

Still taken aback by the "hype" over this announcement.

Fire Emblem is good, but it's not that good.

Regardless, decent news for the system.

Enron

Banned
Why would nintendo waste precious time to use on AAA titles on a game that will be in the bargain bin in a year? Seriously, only a handful of people are going to buy this. Niche and all that.

Ultima_5

Why's everyone so stoked about this? Is it supposed to be good? The one that came out on the DS was crap compared to the amazing gba ones.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The "fire emblem won't come until 2013 so they didn't announce it" argument makes no sense. Paper Mario was shown at E3 2010 (2010!!) and Luigi's Mansion 3DS at E3 2011, but those won't come out until holiday 2012.

It's just incompetence. Even if FE didn't come until 2014, it would have been 100x better than threediots or whatever.

the same thing is happening to the WiiU. I think NoA just decided that E3 is only for Holiday US titles this year. Just like how last year they decided it was only for US titles.

Nintendo has dropped any pretense that E3 isn't just a giant marketing tool towards US retailers

methodman

Banned
This strategy Nintendo has had for E3 is god awful. Only talking about 2012 titles for both the Wii U and the 3DS? Just a brutal way to go about it. Look how crazy we got over this FE news, even though it's probably coming out next year. Just brutal.

Why would nintendo waste precious time to use on AAA titles on a game that will be in the bargain bin in a year? Seriously, only a handful of people are going to buy this. Niche and all that.

seriously, if anything they should be thanking nintendo for this fanservice release

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

If it's so niche, why is it trending on Twitter?

GamerSoul

It kinda bothers me how they are so focused on game releases that are coming this year. Why show us Zelda? Why tell us about Smash last year? The future releases are just as important because it's an long-term investment people are making.

Kusagari

It's certainly nothing compared to Threediots.

jman2050

It kinda bothers me how they are so focused on game releases that are coming this year. Why show us Zelda? Why tell us about Smash last year? The future releases are just as important because it's an long-term investment people are making.

They may be planning on releasing information about future titles.

Just not at E3.

Strange year this has been.

muu

seems to me that the real problem is companies not knowing who to target in their E3 presentations. They're crafting presentations for the mainstream press to digest, while forgetting that they invited the 'core' gaming population to watch.

Nintendo's clearly trying to make N Direct their way of going straight at gamers, but they need to hone their E3 show, which likely has many times the traffic of any of the Directs.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now I await the reactions to the eventual news that the dragon girl is being removed from the game by NoA.

Levyne

Banned

It's like something in between then and now they decided on the change of focus and thus this year's e3 is the casualty.

NateDrake

Have to wonder why Nintendo has been so against commenting on anything for 2013 this E3. First with Wii U and now 3DS. What's the deal....

Top Bottom