• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay, guys.

ShockingAlberto real-talk here.

E3 isn't what you think it is anymore, at least not for Nintendo. This isn't to say it's for casuals or hardcores or time travelers or whatever. It's a show, in the middle of the year, in an industry that no longer needs to depend on shows in the middle of the year. Ubisoft did the best this year because they happened to have a new IP ready, the timing was right after the AC3 reveal, the the Wii U NDAs let them reveal that game here this year. Not because E3 is Christmas.

Sony is pretty much the only one who still treats E3 like the event you guys want it to be and they are hilariously incompetent at it.

Look at all the games and publishers who pulled out this year. Their was more worth to spending time working on the games than taking a week out of your schedule and however many weeks before to getting a playable version of your game set up for E3. Even Capcom couldn't be bothered to really have a presence for their 2013 titles this year.

E3 is about the next six months. It is about the year it is in. In a world with high-speed connections and a site exclusively dedicated to show trailers of video games, E3 pressers are ways to build up hype for the games you can sell this year.

Santa Claus isn't real. And moreover, you no longer get presents on Christmas day. It sucks, but this is reality now.

... Well, you do live up to your name. That was shocking.
It actually makes perfect sense. The internet has changed the stream of news.

Zekes!

Okay, guys.

E3 isn't what you think it is anymore, at least not for Nintendo. This isn't to say it's for casuals or hardcores or time travelers or whatever. It's a show, in the middle of the year, in an industry that no longer needs to depend on shows in the middle of the year. Ubisoft did the best this year because they happened to have a new IP ready, the timing was right after the AC3 reveal, the the Wii U NDAs let them reveal that game here this year. Not because E3 is Christmas.

Sony is pretty much the only one who still treats E3 like the event you guys want it to be and they are hilariously incompetent at it.

Look at all the games and publishers who pulled out this year. Their was more worth to spending time working on the games than taking a week out of your schedule and however many weeks before to getting a playable version of your game set up for E3. Even Capcom couldn't be bothered to really have a presence for their 2013 titles this year.

E3 is about the next six months. It is about the year it is in. In a world with high-speed connections and a site exclusively dedicated to show trailers of video games, E3 pressers are ways to build up hype for the games you can sell this year.

Santa Claus isn't real. And moreover, you no longer get presents on Christmas day. It sucks, but this is reality now.

At least we know for next year....

who am I kidding we'll have the same reactions and outrage

Oh he didn't mean to let it slip?

1000389-W35BNH1.png

Oops.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Nintendo have multiple shows to make announcements when they only do their announcements individually AFTER the shows?

I just...don't understand.

Azure J

This is like the "Chris Remo Saves E3" thread all over again. :lol

That being said, FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Levyne

Banned
To be honest I've never seen E3 as that big of a deal after so many years of disappointment. People set themselves up for this.

Ubisoft always "wins" E3 because they are good at timing their releases and conferences. Everyone else..it's just a big news segment for them, just a bunch of announcements at once.

I don't agree with this part, it sounds like you are extrapolating this year's result backwards through time or something. The planets aligned this year though, I admit.

XeroSauce

So.....if Nintendo had put a video showcase of games that included Fire Emblem it would have made their E3 much better XD, seeing how quick this post became 6 pages XD.

The amount of hype surrounding this game is gigantic, and I'm pretty sure we've been waiting on an announcement like this for half a year.

I hope Nintendo reps see the enthusiastic rapport FE fans are putting out towards this.

Okay, guys.

I was starting to have this realization today, but it's really hard to read it pretty much confirmed. :'( RIP E3 Megatons

XeroSauce

I don't agree with this part, it sounds like you are extrapolating this year's result backwards through time or something. The planets aligned this year though, I admit.

Last year was pretty stellar for them, after Microsoft shit the bed and Nintendo wrapped it up with the 3DS stuff.

I've always said that companies like Ubisoft and Rockstar make the best appearances because they know when and what to announce and exactly how to do it. They know what people are looking for and they don't overburden their announcements.

Anth0ny

Okay, guys.

well fuck =(

Okay, guys.

Damn it, why do you have so damn right?! Hasn't anyone ever told you that the truth does hurt?!

Thank you Reggie, you just saved E3.

Sianos

Okay, guys.

I don't want to believe, but in my heart I know it's true.

I guess the final bombs have been dropped. It's been a pleasure serving with you guys.

Okay, guys.

i dont know why people arent realizing this. and its not to say that e3 will never be good again, its just that this year doesnt have any surprise games. nintendo did announce some new IPs and we didnt know about (nintendoland, scribblenauts, p-100) but unfortunately GAF doesnt care about them so its the worst e3 to ever happen to them.

bachikarn

Okay, guys.

I'm fine with that, but Nintendo said barely ANYTHING for a year, so you can't be surprised people were expecting more than just the next 6 months.

zashga

Thank goodness. Now I can enjoy the 3DS 2012 lineup instead of obsessing over this one, elusive announcement.

Okay, guys.

Yay some common sense!

Foffy

Banned
If this is the case, and this is the approach many companies are doing, is that why Type-0 is a no show? Someone on GAF claimed a voice actress finished her role for the game..

bon

Cheer up guys, this E3 still had its moments. We got the first footage of Pikmin 3, Kamiya's new game, and uh, well that's it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Okay, guys.

It's true but it stings. It was so exciting to prepare for E3 and watch the megatons at the press conferences. Having them spread out throughout the year makes it less impactful. :( Hopefully Nintendo Directs start to be even more meaningful with the addition of Wii U news.

If this is the case, and this is the approach many companies are doing, is that why Type-0 is a no show? Someone on GAF claimed a voice actress finished her role for the game..

I've heard SE has no idea what to do with that game as they've all but ruled out a straight PSP release in America, but I'm not sure they have a choice.

jman2050

While there's a lot truth to that, I was largely impressed by Nintendo 2010 and 2011, so hmm

Seems like with Nintendo going full steam on their Twitter/Facebook/Nintendo Direct shenanigans they decided to marginalize E3 even more than they did before.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Okay, guys.

Makes sense, but I still think Nintendo screwed up with their Wii U software reveals, and I'm still flummoxed by the lack of EA and Activision.

Thank goodness. Now I can enjoy the 3DS 2012 lineup instead of obsessing over this one, elusive announcement.

Treehouse is a large translation group, right? I mean they are doing Paper Mario as well, I hope to God that this game comes out this year for US and Europe XD damn multilanguage has screwed us in release date so much ='(

I'm fine with that, but Nintendo said barely ANYTHING for a year, so you can't be surprised people were expecting more than just the next 6 months.

It's not surprising, but it's still stupid. If you're disappointed, the only person you have to blame is yourself and your foolish expectations.

I am surprised by the big positive reaction by ShockingAlberto's post. You guys find it that revelatory?

It's not surprising, but it's still stupid. If you're disappointed, the only person you have to blame is yourself and your foolish expectations.

I am surprised by the big positive reaction by ShockingAlberto's post. You guys find it that revelatory?

Have you seen the meltdowns this year?
So much overreacting.

Okay, guys.

Well I can see more companies starting to pull out then, unless they have a new IP(s) or console to show, because if not it really seems to have a negative effect on a company.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've heard SE has no idea what to do with that game as they've all but ruled out a straight PSP release in America, but I'm not sure they have a choice.

Honestly, unless Square JPN is/was secretly working on a port/extra deluxe edition of it, there really isn't a good choice to be made.

Balb

I expected more from Nintendo considering they have a home console to release this year and a good conference would create a lot of positive buzz. It sure helped them in 06 with the Wii.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Welp, Don Cherry's awesome suit made me pretty happy too. I'm feeling more rational as a result.

That's too bad.

They could probably release it as a PSP title on PSN for Vitas (which might not be a good idea in itself re: sales). But either way, I don't see a good choice they could make here.

Have you seen the meltdowns this year?
So much overreacting.

I've been gloriously out of the GAF loop for the past few days. I spent most of E3 on Twitter.

I know the hype trains were massive this year, but I still don't see how anyone can walk away without coming to the conclusion that E3 is all spectacle and short-term ads.

I expected more from Nintendo considering they have a home console to release this year and a good conference would create a lot of positive buzz. It sure helped them in 06 with the Wii.

The press made up their mind about WiiU the moment is was announced, and nothing was going to change that. The content they show doesn't matter in the slightest - it gets posted all the same. This is a media grab-bag. That's it.

Top Bottom