• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Hey all, just a question.

Does anyone think there could be enough interest to have an OT for Fire Emblem Cipher? I'd personally love to see one, but what does everyone else think?

if only i can play it online.... oh wait
well, it;s probably better to dump cipher stuff here anyway unless they decided to bring it outside japan

Couple quick questions maybe you fine people could answer 1st how playable is Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū if you cant speak japanese but are a fan of the series? 2nd I saw a copy of Fire Emblem Sword of Seals for GBA online and i assume its a fan translation? Is it good or is it a choppy crappy mess a'la most "unofficial" games? If anyone has opinions i would greatly appreciate them. Thanks!

Chrom

Thanks for the input about a hypothetical FE Cipher OT. It's a bit unfortunate, but I don't disagree that here and now isn't necessarily the best situation to really host one at this time. If the TCG does get a more prominent release, either through some kind of digital or localized release, I can definitely imagine more interest in dedicated discussion for it. I hope something eventually happens.

Until then, why not check out the official list of all the cards that are out right now? http://fecipher.jp/cards/

found a person that got signed Lucina card... I want it ;___;
https://twitter.com/TpsGlobalRyuno/status/613966058869796864

Edit: Cordelia 1/7 scale painted... preorder soon
CIWNw-jWgAAdmj4.png:large

CIWOMsqWwAAC7Rp.png:large

CIWN_JQWwAAlXMH.png:large

Zalman

Thanks for the input about a hypothetical FE Cipher OT. It's a bit unfortunate, but I don't disagree that here and now isn't necessarily the best situation to really host one at this time. If the TCG does get a more prominent release, either through some kind of digital or localized release, I can definitely imagine more interest in dedicated discussion for it. I hope something eventually happens.

Until then, why not check out the official list of all the cards that are out right now? http://fecipher.jp/cards/
There's no way these are coming out in English, right? They look so good. Actually considering importing them.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Could you PM me?

Me as well, if that's alright.

I'm curious what sort of 'hype-downer' we're seeing, and I've let myself slack a bit on the dialogue front.

Also, daaaaamn at some of those growth rates. Shit is gonna be rough, lol.

Draxal

I posted the gist of them in the other thread a couple pages back, a lot of fans seemed not to like it at first, but got over it. I'm still trying to get over it, but I just don't like the implications it has in this game and other games.

Kinsei

Banned
I posted the gist of them in the other thread a couple pages back, a lot of fans seemed not to like it at first, but got over it. I'm still trying to get over it, but I just don't like the implications it has in this game and other games.

Oh that. I thought you meant something really bad.

Draxal

Yeah. it's just with the wording of your post I thought you meant implications of rape or some other atrocity along those lines.

Ah, I'm just trying to be ambiguous as possible especially in this thread when we're trying to avoid spoilers (they're to go in the main thread).

FE IV is my favorite game and it has the worst shit possible in that game, so I"m not averse to it.

Lunar15

I mean, who didn't see awakening as propaganda for increasing the birthrate of Japan?

The name is Awakening. Wake up, Japan.

ahaha this attempt at "defending" these features is a whole new level of dumb
Lol:
While IS never directly addresses Japan's birth rate in game, they do address it in a subtle way. One technique they use is the positive portrayal of the relationship between parent and child.

This is the sub that had some ridiculous post about how the facerubbing amie stuff was a commentary/deconstruction of the horrors of war, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Right now, this has gotta be my favourite FE:Fates song, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kq7sXZss-U

I actually hold up Awakening's pre-battle menu theme as one of the game's best tracks, but Fates' blows it out of the water as far as I'm concerned. Godlike flute.

Awakening's battle prep theme has been my favorite in the series thus far and will continue to be for the forseeable future. But this is a close second.

Top Bottom