• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

PBalfredo

All the Fates news has inspired me to pick up Awakening again. I never did beat the Future Past DLC, mostly because same-turn enemy reinforcements kept killing the children that I'm determined to save. Is there any good guides out there on where and when those reinforcements show up so I can stop them?

I honestly didn't like Shadow Dragon at all. I don't understand the point of a remake that ignores a lot of the new additions the series has had over two decades, like Supports. Also making it so certain gaiden chapters are ONLY accessible when certain characters are dead is an insanely bad game design decision.

NeonZ

Don't forget that Shadow Dragon came after Radiant Dawn too, and that game already had dumped supports, featuring only generic 2 line conversations. Shadow Dragon had a system that gives support boosts for some units standing next to each other, just no conversations alongside them.

Still, for whatever reason, they basically wanted to avoid changing any story elements from Shadow Dragon as much as they could. Chapters that were already remade by FE3 Book 1 (it skipped a few chapters) usually had no extra dialogue at all, aside from some post-recruitment conversations, and the new chapters usually avoided going much beyond those anyway, since everything had to fit together.

And then there's how some of their new additions like class changing and rebalancing growths somehow just destroyed the game's balance compared to the SNES remake, causing some stupid changes, like Super Wolf. Other characters often ended up much more adequate for alternative classes rather than their main ones too, since they were adding class growth to their personal one to achieve something similar to their original growths, when they weren't changed much. It kind of reminds me of what happened with Awakening. It seems like the developers implemented new systems and didn't really bother exploring their consequences.

if nothing else, the pre-warpskip days of Mage Caeda™ were absolutely hilarious

then of course people figured out warpskip+Win Spear=gg Shadow Dragon

L95

Dunno, New Mystery pretty much looked the same and it was still a much more enjoyable game.

New mystery tweaked the colors of all the portraits, (Not saying this is a gameplay quality factor, but I wonder how many people have noticed this...?)

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
5R5CDqB.png
zfIr1vC.png

I feel like the skin is particularly noticeable.

[/too lazy to get more examples]

huh, never noticed that, they look less like zombies now

I guess it would be more noticeable if you went straight from Shadow Dragon to New Mystery

Shadow Dragon on Virtual Console? Didn't see that coming. Gives me an excuse to finally beat that game once and for all, even if I kind of think it's inferior to all the other western released FE games.

just look at these bunch of goodies that we can't buy :\
http://www.fe25thevent.com/goods/

FE3 and 4 merch! Hopefully some import stores can help us get our hands on some. :(

What's the box all about? All I know is that I'm seeing all my favourite characters on those card thing samples. And that Roy's got a funny/cute look on his face. Celice and Leaf also look pretty good; makes me wish that the next move for the series would be a FE4+5 remake.

Lunar15

Are Ike and Chrom butting heads or nuzzling? It really could go either way, and that's hilarious.

Celice and Lucina seem pretty concerned about it.

Also, no Eliwood. lol.

jzbluz

I was reading about a srpg series called Black/Matrix. It's more like SMT/Disgaea than FE, but I found it amusing that the games had characters called Cain, Abel, Gaius, and Zero. They aren't particularly unique names, but their Zero was also a gay option and their Gaius was also a thief.

Draxal

Hey all, just a question.

Does anyone think there could be enough interest to have an OT for Fire Emblem Cipher? I'd personally love to see one, but what does everyone else think?

So did anybody else get any of the card game or was I only the only one who wanted the dlc that badly?

NeonZ

So did anybody else get any of the card game or was I only the only one who wanted the dlc that badly?

Wait, you have the DLC codes? How were those characters implemented anyway? Do they have some events before joining like the Amiibo, or do they just instantly appear in your army?

Draxal

Wait, you have the DLC codes? How were those characters implemented anyway? Do they have some events before joining like the Amiibo, or do they just instantly appear in your army?

You download them into the game first, then you talk to Anna again and they instantly appear in your army afterwards.

Lol:

This is the sub that had some ridiculous post about how the facerubbing amie stuff was a commentary/deconstruction of the horrors of war, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Is it time for "shit r/fireemblem says" again?

well here's some good old victim blaming, cause we all know when someone receives death threats it's their fault for provoking a reaction!

(note the upvotes more than the post itself, because if it was in the negatives I'd ignore it)

Xenoflare

well here's some good old victim blaming, cause we all know when someone receives death threats it's their fault for provoking a reaction!

(note the upvotes more than the post itself, because if it was in the negatives I'd ignore it)

Hey at least there are people pointing out the ridiculousness of his points and they are not in the negatives.

StayDead

I don't think anyone should recieve death threats or any other insults, but if you're going to post up something like that atleast do your research properly and not half ass it to spread miss information.

I don't think anyone should recieve death threats or any other insults, but if you're going to post up something like that atleast do your research properly and not half ass it to spread miss information.

That person makes two mistakes criticizing the game and gets harassed by the fanbase, someone else makes a statement riddled with errors defending that particular support and gets praised for it.

there's clearly a double standard here, where facts don't matter as long as you agree with the opinion presented

Draxal

Famitsu ran a poll to see the top ten fav characters of all FE, winner was kind of a shock to me.

How do you say we fight for our friends
in Japanese.

Mind you, it looks like that poll got barely any hits, but still a shock to me.

Wonder if it was
Soren/Ike shippers
voting hard for him.

Didn't put up a direct link cuz scans are bad.

Golnei

Since IS take popularity polls so seriously, maybe female Kamui would have had the ability to perform some magical conversion therapy on him if they knew the results long enough before release. I guess there's infinite potential for DLC...

Famitsu ran a poll to see the top ten fav characters of all FE, winner was kind of a shock to me.

in Japanese.

Wonder if it was
Soren/Ike shippers
voting hard for him.

Wow, really? That's awesome!

I'm very pleased with that outcome. :)

MSMrRound

My boss finally came through with the booster packs.

CJjTWGlUEAAmkIc.jpg

CJjeMGCVEAALFpz.jpg

First pack~
CJkT0b5UwAQW36z.jpg

Opened the rest after work
CJlCrMlUMAAZ_OU.jpg

Pretty satisfied by the quality of the cards. Kind of feeling jelly towards my colleague who got a signed Miyuki Sawashiro female tactician card from the box his branch received.

Ah well.

For those of you who are playing FE Cipher 0 at the moment...is it advisable to go for another box, or should I wait it out for the next booster series instead?

Also generally, what's the chances of getting a signed card? E.g 1 out of 8 boxes etc? Just curious. Thanks!

Hnngh... I still need to order some cards.

Hmm, I like how Siliconera seems to like Fire Emblem. That said... I was excited to see an article from them about one of the older artists, but man do they need to do a proper fact check : /

Draxal

My boss finally came through with the booster packs.

Pretty satisfied by the quality of the cards. Kind of feeling jelly towards my colleague who got a signed Miyuki Sawashiro female tactician card from the box his branch received.

Ah well.

For those of you who are playing FE Cipher 0 at the moment...is it advisable to go for another box, or should I wait it out for the next booster series instead?

Also generally, what's the chances of getting a signed card? E.g 1 out of 8 boxes etc? Just curious. Thanks!

Thought it was one out of four but it might be even lower than that, they had issues pulling one in the premeire video.

r/fireemblem really was kind of a hot mess during FEif's initial rollout. Stuff like this is why I stopped posting there for a while.

in Japanese.

Wonder if it was
Soren/Ike shippers
voting hard for him.

The poll may be biased due to the low turnout, but
Ike
really was a great character. They were the winner...weren't they?

Top Bottom