• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - 'A Master Class in Strategy' Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DX7Eq8WzBo

A note on the trailer.

There are quite a few odd details in the trailer here like characters using moves they can't or in classes they can't actually be in and
Alm attacking his own army lol.

Feel free to speculate on the progression of the localization but don't judge it entirely because it's probably not done.

Edit: Or probably an old build? There's some clearly odd stuff in the trailer that was hacked in or something.

The fact that the game comes out next month even though it was just released in Japan feels damn great

The speedy localization is pretty exciting. Kinda refreshing to get a FE localized this quickly rather than having to wait a year or never. It's a pretty big step up in terms of scheduling.

Too bad it's not a masterclass in map design amirite?

For what I've played on the japanese version, it seems like the developpers knew that the original maps sucked but prefered to keep it and balance the game around that which make it less problematic, unlike Awakening

Too bad it's not a masterclass in map design amirite?
To be fair. Awakening, Birthright, and Revelations were also suffering from mediocre map design.

I'm hoping the battle system helps out, like it partially did for Fates, but Awakening suffered with its simplistic gameplay. I actually liked a lot of the maps in Awakening , but they were not used to their potential.

CazTGG

To be fair. Awakening, Birthright, and Revelations were also suffering from mediocre map design.

I'm hoping the battle system helps out, like it partially did for Fates, but Awakening suffered with its simplistic gameplay. I actually liked a lot of the maps in Awakening , but they were not used to their potential.

Birthright might not have measured up to Conquest, but it had some solid map design throughout (Chapter 10, 17, 22).

As for Gaiden, the big issue with the original was that that it focused more on experimenting with the established mechanics of the original like the unique magic system while attempting to balance out these mechanics over a more free-roaming world compared to its more focused predecessor, not to mention its near absence of plot.

Top Bottom