• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Golnei

Also, this means that we're still in danger of getting some of Fates' hideous Halloween costumes. Hopefully the original ones will be be less ugly - migrating Witch Corrin from Cipher, as with Bride Charlotte; wasn't a bad suggestion.

Roman

The most interesting thing about Azura is that she is a dancer that can be used in the 730-740 metagame. Her weapon effect only applies after she dances someone so it's not that great. Blade tome users want more than 3 in every stat and dual Rallies exist.

Inigo seems to be the better pull to me without knowing stats. He can be your Reinhardt/Lyn counter with a Raven tome or use Gronnblade himself while also being your dancer - that's amazing.

They are both green regardless so that's what I'd recommend pulling.

Ninferno

Inigo seems to be the better pull to me without knowing stats. He can be your Reinhardt/Lyn counter with a Raven tome or use Gronnblade himself while also being your dancer - that's amazing.

With a BST of 139/140 (we don't know for sure yet but very likely nonetheless), I doubt he can reliably survive many Reinhardt/Blyns, even with TA (most likely TA2 for non-whales) Raven.

Pulling everything but red seems like a solid option since worst case, they all kind of do the same thing.

Sniping green is an exercise in frustration. Watch green orbs cease to exist.

Alkez

I'm surprised they made these dancers time limited. If I hadn't wasted all my orbs going for Elincia I would pull. I'm not too worried about super dancers but would like both greens. O well.

spent my last 20 orbs for Elincia... and couldn't even break my 4.25% pity rate. Sigh hate to see that go to waste...

Same here man. Man it seems like gacha games are just kicking you while you're down lately. First Sephiroth banner now this. Sorry things are going this way bro.

fionel

Same here man. Man it seems like gacha games are just kicking you while you're down lately. First Sephiroth banner now this. Sorry things are going this way bro.

Yeah man these games are really making me question why I'm investing so much time into them. toastyToast said it perfectly - sunk cost fallacy. I think that is exactly the kind of trap I was falling into.

Even if I'm mainly a F2P I spent a lot of time farming for all those orbs. When all that effort is rewarded with a big fat NOTHING that feeling of loss is unparalleled in any kind of gaming experience!

In a way I secretly hope all this frustration will go bust soon enough so I can just quit these games altogether lol.

Roman

With a BST of 139/140 (we don't know for sure yet but very likely nonetheless), I doubt he can reliably survive many Reinhardt/Blyns, even with TA (most likely TA2 for non-whales) Raven.

TA3 is mathematically so ridiculous that even Sanaki can tank Brave Bows, and she has 17 Def. If Inigo has Def in the mid 20s he can easily pull it off.

OVDRobo

We're power creeping dancers now, huh? Now all we need is Headless Reinhardt for Halloween and arena can become permanent cancer.

I'd like to see some weekly restrictions placed on arena for the sake of variety and keeping things interesting like 'Infantry only', 'Red and Blue units only', 'no units with dance' etc. Seems like all I fight are Brave Heroes, Reinhardt and dancers nowadays.

Not that I'm all that invested in the arena metagame but I still have to keep getting my 4000+ score per week.

Ninferno

The fear I have for ranged dancers is that they could be a new kind of pain in arena defense. Currently with melee dancers, ranged units generally do no get danced in the 1st turn because the AI moves the dancer (who is melee) before them. With ranged dancers, this will change and the likelihood of ranged horses' (aka Reins and Blyns) already long reach getting further magnified by dances will be greatly increased. You need to either be more careful and calculate damage potential/agro more diligently (hence spend more time per match, which I hate as a lazy person), or buff up your own score so that you will be less likely to meet ranged dancers.

NSESN

Really dislike this banner. Dancers are already a problem in this game and they go and make dancers with legendary weapon and buffs. Cmon is can you at least pretend that you aren't power creeping?

Wiseblade

Inigo is everything the meta needs right now. If his defences break into the 20s he'll be a reliable counter to the Toxic Trio as well as a dancer. 25 Def/Res is enough for him to male the top tier with a Raven/TA3 build.

PULL ON GREEN YOU GUYS

NSESN

Everyone saying bait banner. But if you have all dancers then you can have one for every AA battle
This is a powercreep banner imo. BoL Dagger dancer is the best dagger user yet imo. Tome dancers can wield raventomes to counter lyn and Azura is just broken.
I gonna pull for at least one dancer. If I pull quickly I will try my luck for 2.

Firemind

Inigo is everything the meta needs right now. If his defences break into the 20s he'll be a reliable counter to the Toxic Trio as well as a dancer. 25 Def/Res is enough for him to male the top tier with a Raven/TA3 build.

PULL ON GREEN YOU GUYS
I dunno they all seem insane to me.

Olivia can use Poison Dagger. Shigure and Inigo can use blade tome. Azura is Azura.

Dancers are no longer just support units.

NSESN

I dunno they all seem insane to me.

Olivia can use Poison Dagger. Shigure and Inigo can use blade tome. Azura is Azura.

Dancers are no longer just support units.
Blade tome on dancers doesn't seem very good to me. They have lowered bst and can't be danced so raven seems superior.

Firemind

Blade tome on dancers doesn't seem very good to me. They have lowered bst and can't be danced so raven seems superior.
Maybe you don't have any blade tome on your team. Not being able to get danced doesn't really matter when you can score a KO yourself or dance another unit who can. And the BST doesn't matter as much because of blade offsetting the difference.

Honestly, the versatility of building teams is what's going to change with this banner.

NSESN

Maybe you don't have any blade tome on your team. Not being able to get danced doesn't really matter when you can score a KO yourself or dance another unit who can. And the BST doesn't matter as much because of blade offsetting the difference.

Honestly, the versatility of building teams is what's going to change with this banner.
I have a Nino. I still think you need good speed to run bladetome outside of horse/flier buffs. With dancer and ranged
and male mage
penalty I don't see they having good speed.

Wiseblade

Single hit infantry Bladetome isn't interesting compared to Emblem Blade users who carry nukes or Nino who doubles everything. I'd rather have a Raven tome and give myself an emergency counter to two colours than an underwhelming attacker.

Shito

This is a powercreep banner imo.
Well, this is a gacha game, powercreep is inevitable, it's not like we're gonna keep pulling just for the same units with a different artwork after all. ^^
But I'm probably taking all of this so lightly because I don't care one bit about arena, and I'm fine with hovering between T19 and T18...

Wiseblade

It's less powercreep and more filling gaps in the roster that will cause ripples in the meta. Getting Green/Colorless Dancers isn't powercreep, it's overdue.

The problematic part is that they're limited characters. This is going to further the divide between the haves and the have-nots more than a flying mage has.

NSESN

The really good thing is that you can use dancers in every round of AA now, with 2 of them that can be use as BLyn counters.

Shinypogs

I want the green mage meta to fucking die already so I can have fun with more units. I get it Reinhardt is a pain in the ass, bow Lyn is a bitch and they need counters but I am so fucking sick of Nino, Julia and Cecilia and it feels like they've been making life hell forever.

I miss playing with my fem Corrin and she'll be core in my future dragon team but she can't go near a green mage and they are everywhere. It doesn't help that I still have no good answers for them and they feel more oppressive than horse emblem ever did before I ran my own horses. Equally so flier emblem was strong and cost me deathless runs from time to time but i never chose harder or easier matches like I do to avoid god damned Nino, Julia etc. Idk maybe the game needs better red mages or something to keep them in check.

Apologies I'm just salty because it seems like every type of team I wanna play from varying infantry, to the mages I actually have, to dragons to horses all have to scurry away from god damned green mages whether they are using blade or raven tomes.

Now that we have 8 dancers I fully expect a dancer gauntlet at some point that Inigo will win.

Also I've notice while these new dancers change a lot for the current dancers, Ninian isn't affected as much because she can't use the new weapons so only those skills mean anything to her.

Mupod

I want the green mage meta to fucking die already so I can have fun with more units. I get it Reinhardt is a pain in the ass, bow Lyn is a bitch and they need counters but I am so fucking sick of Nino, Julia and Cecilia and it feels like they've been making life hell forever.

I miss playing with my fem Corrin and she'll be core in my future dragon team but she can't go near a green mage and they are everywhere. It doesn't help that I still have no good answers for them and they feel more oppressive than horse emblem ever did before I ran my own horses. Equally so flier emblem was strong and cost me deathless runs from time to time but i never chose harder or easier matches like I do to avoid god damned Nino, Julia etc. Idk maybe the game needs better red mages or something to keep them in check.

you mean like four distant counter red swords, two of which were free, and one which is available right now for free at 5*?

I spent 20k feathers to give Panic Ploy to Hector which solves the blade tome problem pretty well, but they even gave out a seal for that too. On a stock BK he'd panic the typical bladetome users with ease as they have low HP.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh my god. This banner is so busted. Green Axe Dancer was what I needed all this time and Azura is insane. Olivia is really good too.

You can now have a Delthea, Brave Lucina, Axe Azura, for the most insane Drive Boosts, not counting Azura actually giving you dance Fury.

Cryxok

Will definitely roll on greens. Also think a Raven+TA Inigo is the most interesting prospect out of this banner, but I'll welcome Azura if she ever appears lol.

I never liked stock Olivia's art, this one is much more appealing to me, but with Inigo/Azura also there, there is little incentive to go into Colorless hell

Sushen

IS is interesting. First, they gave us BLyn after everyone talked about how powerful Bridelia and horse emblem were. Everyone knows dancers are trouble, and they present better versions of dancers, not one, not two, but 4!

No new FEH channel announcement, huh...

suzu

Will be diving into green and blue for all the Bartre and Sully.

I'm glad they finally did male dancers & singers. Too bad Shigure isn't a flying singer~

Shinypogs

you mean like four distant counter red swords, two of which were free, and one which is available right now for free at 5*?

I spent 20k feathers to give Panic Ploy to Hector which solves the blade tome problem pretty well, but they even gave out a seal for that too. On a stock BK he'd panic the typical bladetome users with ease as they have low HP.

I do not have Ryoma or Ike despite many pulls. I actually have a ridiculously low amount of viable reds for some reason. I do have Xander but even with a distance def seal and fortify from Camus I'm pretty sure he's not living through a buffed green mage given his atrocious speed. He can sometimes kill them if he gets into vantage range before they attack hm. I haven't leveled my black knights yet since most of my stamina is being used to get through the last 60k or so of TT. Combining one with panic ploy sounds promising and I'll be sure to get leveling in on the warriors maps once I'm done ransacking the TT.

I'm not saying strong green mages shouldn't exist at all ( my first 5* and best unit for a long while was Merric and I plan to build a Soren eventually as he's my fav character.). It's just that they feel unusually annoying compared to all the things I've faced in the past, hector dominance, Takumi dominance, kagero's brief reign of terror against anything infantry , the earlier mentioned horses and fliers. I think it was cerium here who ran what she called the " nino kuni" build and did cute updates of her dominating arena runs. That was fun and interesting back during the spring banner days but it feels like Nino never got weaker, never got sidelined for the new hotness and the after I took a bit of a break from the game ( granblue ate me for a few months there) I come back and it's still Nino and Julia and Cecilia causing me the most problems.

I wanna have fun with blue mages and axe users and units whose res doesn't need to be 30 with an equally high speed to avoid getting oneshot. I like trading blows with enemies and timing specials, using terrain and movement abilities. I actually like fighting armour emblem and figuring out how to whittle them down without risking too much dmg in return or baiting a wings of mercy user into the loving arms of a counter unit. Even losing can be fun with that sort of combat.

It feels less fun I guess to play against green mages because you kill them quick or it's all over. It's a skilled thing to be sure, I watched a f2p guy in rank 20 running nino, azura masked marth and anna for the bonus get a deathless run in some crazy situations. most wins were down to his skill, calculating exactly how to bait, when to heal how to split units to manipulate the ai etc. I get that all green mage builds aren't brainless and are fun to play for the user but they frustrate me so much to play against.

It reminds me of playing against miracle rouge in hearthstone. It always felt tedious and like if you won it was by the skin or your teeth and some dark gods grace.

Draxal

Oh my god. This banner is so busted. Green Axe Dancer was what I needed all this time and Azura is insane. Olivia is really good too.

You can now have a Delthea, Brave Lucina, Axe Azura, for the most insane Drive Boosts, not counting Azura actually giving you dance Fury.

Inigo will probably be the best since he can counter the dominant meta (lynhardt).

Mupod

I do not have Ryoma or Ike despite many pulls. I actually have a ridiculously low amount of viable reds for some reason. I do have Xander but even with a distance def seal and fortify from Camus I'm pretty sure he's not living through a buffed green mage given his atrocious speed. He can sometimes kill them if he gets into vantage range before they attack hm. I haven't leveled my black knights yet since most of my stamina is being used to get through the last 60k or so of TT. Combining one with panic ploy sounds promising and I'll be sure to get leveling in on the warriors maps once I'm done ransacking the TT.

You gotta give Xander Triangle Adept 2. He'll one shot them reliably then.

In regards to leveling Black Knight, send him into continuous autobattle on the lower Tempest Trial maps with some weaponless dancer/healer support. I leveled mine to 40 in like an hour this way, his boosted stats make him a god in TT. He's now the main force behind my current Lunatic 5 autobattle team.

Firemind

Nino is pretty easy to deal with. I think my experience with classic FE games is that the best defense is a good offense
unless reinforcements show up
. So this whole baiting meta is honestly foreign to me. Raven and TA weapons are nice to have, but not necessary.

Busaiku

The stages are all orange and black, I think this is the Halloween banner.
It's also not limited to just a single game either.

Cryxok

I'm not saying strong green mages shouldn't exist at all ( my first 5* and best unit for a long while was Merric and I plan to build a Soren eventually as he's my fav character.). It's just that they feel unusually annoying compared to all the things I've faced in the past, hector dominance, Takumi dominance, kagero's brief reign of terror against anything infantry , the earlier mentioned horses and fliers. I think it was cerium here who ran what she called the " nino kuni" build and did cute updates of her dominating arena runs. That was fun and interesting back during the spring banner days but it feels like Nino never got weaker, never got sidelined for the new hotness and the after I took a bit of a break from the game ( granblue ate me for a few months there) I come back and it's still Nino and Julia and Cecilia causing me the most problems.

I wanna have fun with blue mages and axe users and units whose res doesn't need to be 30 with an equally high speed to avoid getting oneshot. I like trading blows with enemies and timing specials, using terrain and movement abilities. I actually like fighting armour emblem and figuring out how to whittle them down without risking too much dmg in return or baiting a wings of mercy user into the loving arms of a counter unit. Even losing can be fun with that sort of combat.

It feels less fun I guess to play against green mages because you kill them quick or it's all over. It's a skilled thing to be sure, I watched a f2p guy in rank 20 running nino, azura masked marth and anna for the bonus get a deathless run in some crazy situations. most wins were down to his skill, calculating exactly how to bait, when to heal how to split units to manipulate the ai etc. I get that all green mage builds aren't brainless and are fun to play for the user but they frustrate me so much to play against.

It reminds me of playing against miracle rouge in hearthstone. It always felt tedious and like if you won it was by the skin or your teeth and some dark gods grace.

I think this may be a particular case for you. Personally, I've never had problems with Green mages. When I ran Horse Emblem, Xander could take a hit and one-shot in return with the appropiate buffs (Unless Nino is in Desperation range... which with the AI never happend to me). Now I run Hector for higher score and with the Distant Def seal he does the same (my Hector is +Res tho). No doubt BK can do the same. If you have a good archer you can kill them before they get close to you, no need to bait. Panic Ploy is also a thing now, and as a Sacred Seal to boot.

There are also plenty good red mages (Celica, Tharja, Sanaki, Raven Lilina/Sophia), problem is Blue (Reinhardt) is everywhere and if you're going to use a red, many of the lords with legendary weapons or even stock Olivia often have a better proposal for team matchups.

Draxal

Apologies I'm just salty because it seems like every type of team I wanna play from varying infantry, to the mages I actually have, to dragons to horses all have to scurry away from god damned green mages whether they are using blade or raven tomes.

green mages have a lot of counters, any red mage with ta >>>>>>> them. The only reason they're so dominant is that green mages have the best shot of countering Rein and Lyn.

Shinypogs

You gotta give Xander Triangle Adept 2. He'll one shot them reliably then.

In regards to leveling Black Knight, send him into continuous autobattle on the lower Tempest Trial maps with some weaponless dancer/healer support. I leveled mine to 40 in like an hour this way, his boosted stats make him a god in TT. He's now the main force behind my current Lunatic 5 autobattle team.

Damn, I can do the first level of lunatic but can't autobattle it with bow Lyn, Xander , Camus and Soren. The ai refuses to heal Xander with Soren''s reciprocal aid. Lyn and Camus will get it from time to time but the ai has some grudge against Xander or he always moves out of range. The 2nd hard mode is fine to autobattle but once we get to lunatic town shit falls apart. I will look forward to being able to auto the rest of the TT and an hour of leveling bk sounds worth it.

My eventual hope is to run BK with my +def -res brave Ike as a wall of "don't touch me or die on retaliation." Preferably with Tana for guidance if I can pull her, until then Ninian for dancing and a good soren ( current one is +atk - res :( ) to deal with green and blue mages.

I'd like to have a horse team, my above mixed team, a dragon team and god willing someday a flier team with Valter, Michalis and two others.

Top Bottom