• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

StAidan

I ran into a 700+ arena fight, neat.

I guess it's time for me to start building more characters so I can get good scores in Arena Assault.

I tried using a higher BST team for the first time this week, unfortunately I have no suitable counters for the standard Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/Dancer teams that seem to show up over 700, so I'll have to drop back to flier emblem if I want a deathless run this week.

I've seen some folks say that if you can reach the 714+ world, the horses and dancers start disappearing. But I don't think I can get there yet, my highest merged unit is +9 and my next highest are +3 / +2 range.

PK Gaming

But Hana and Athena are better than their male counterparts.

Nope. I love Hana, but she doesn't contribute as much Hinata (she's not bad though). Athena is garbage.

Only Fir is really underwhelming.

Fir is one of the better female Myrmidons (due to HM bonuses), which should tell you something...

But Hana and Athena are better than their male counterparts.
Only Fir is really underwhelming.

Eh. Lakche/Shanan, Karel/Karla and Mia/Zihark are about the same.

Shanan and Karel are very clearly better than their female counterparts, come on.

Zihark > Mia in FE9 and Mia > Zihark in FE10

Busaiku

Nope. I love Hana, but she doesn't contribute as much Hinata (she's not bad though). Athena is garbage.

Fir is one of the better female Myrmidons (due to HM bonuses), which should tell you something...
Fir has terrible attack and substandard defense.
Even with Defense Ploy, she's not doing much damage.
Athena has great Speed and decent enough Defense to do damage and live a hit or two against Red/Green attackers.
Hana is super frail sure, but she hits great Speed and Atrack with her standard sets.

Hinata's better with Steady Breath, I guess, but nobody else really benefits from it as much.

PK Gaming

Fir has terrible attack and substandard defense.
Even with Defense Ploy, she's not doing much damage.
Athena has great Speed and decent enough Defense to do damage and live a hit or two against Red/Green attackers.
Hana is super frail sure, but she hits great Speed and Atrack with her standard sets.

Hinata's better with Steady Breath, I guess, but nobody else really benefits from it as much.

oh, OH

Yeah there's a pretty big misunderstanding here

I'm talking about their original games, not Heroes

Alkez

At 4.25% for the second time with only a couple of days left on the Elincia banner. I think it's time to commit to Caeda. Have 20k feathers so thinking to give her the wo dao+ and fury from a 4* Hinata. Haven't had a banner unit in over 400+ orbs (across multiple banners). Learnt my lesson: only pull on limited banners and hero fests.

Busaiku

oh, OH

Yeah there's a pretty big misunderstanding here

I'm talking about their original games, not Heroes
Oh, haven't played any of those games besides Fates, so I wouldn't know.
Hana was pretty lame, but Hinata wasn't anything to write home about either.

Cryxok

I dropped everything I had on Elincia because I need a good red assassin. EVERYTHING, even some cash. Elincia never graced me with her presence.

What did I get tho? 1 Ike and 1 Brave Ike (Opened a green cuz didn't want to lose my pity rate). Ike, dude, I like you but c'mon. Your banner is in that direction, if I wanted you I'd be pulling over there.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah but Karel has competition from (HM) Harken. They're both bad honestly. Wish they'd put the GOAT swordmaster Rutger in.

I've already accepted that he is going to get Seth'd.
On the bright side, Melady will be the crazy new top tier flyer with how things have been going, so that's cool.

She looks at the pics and blasts everyone.

She doesn't even look at pictures. She learnt magic through memorization of the words other mages spoke around her.

I caved and couldn't miss the black knight so reinstalled the damn thing :(. Just one more thing for me to regret in the long run, I'm sure.

Shinypogs

She doesn't even look at pictures. She learnt magic through memorization of the words other mages spoke around her.

I caved and couldn't miss the black knight so reinstalled the damn thing :(. Just one more thing for me to regret in the long run, I'm sure.

Ninos times confirmed actually just blank paper.

Firemind

On the bright side, Melady will be the crazy new top tier flyer with how things have been going, so that's cool.
Swordmasters are doomed from the start since they have too much competition from other reds and they lack legendary weapons to make it up. Unless Rutger wields the Durandal too lol

I just like Rutger since he not only kicks ass but he also has a tragic past which fuels his hatred for Bern. Unlike other myrmidons who are basically caricatures, you can't help but root for him.

NSESN

Swordmasters are doomed from the start since they have too much competition from other reds and they lack legendary weapons to make it up. Unless Rutger wields the Durandal too lol

I just like Rutger since he not only kicks ass but he also has a tragic past which fuels his hatred for Bern. Unlike other myrmidons who are basically caricatures, you can't help but root for him.
Yep. Ogma for example have good stats but I have never seen one in arena.

Draxal

Rutger vs Shiva, edge vs edge.

Pulled my second Ike from the TT banner. While I appreciate any 5*, I'd like some new heroes. At least this one is not -atk so merging them is the obvious choice.

Also hit 30k so will start grinding BK and Ike on the Warriors maps.

PK Gaming

Anything but that. I just want him to look cool, handsome and a little pretty.

Oh and be a good unit of course, but the art comes first.

Rutger

Banned

Give Rutger a new kind of Durandal!
Why not, there's already two of them.
rutger is not edgy i will fite u
I mean, he kind of is, haha.

FE7 Karel is the king of edge though. Rutger has some more going on while that Karel has to be all about it so he can turn into the cool FE6 Karel.
Anything but that. I just want him to look cool, handsome and a little pretty.

Oh and be a good unit of course, but the art comes first.

Yeah, I'd be happy if he at least has good art.

Draxal

So debate time.

What are the top five units that you want to pull including their value as fodder?

I'm going
1. Hector (dc fixes so many units).
2. Brave Lyn (great package all around).
3. Brave Ike (steady breath).
4. Hinoka (hone fliers is key).
5. ???

Elieson

Neo Member
So debate time.

What are the top five units that you want to pull including their value as fodder?

I'm going
5. ???

Hinata for cheap Fury. There's never enough Fury.

At 4.25% for the second time with only a couple of days left on the Elincia banner. I think it's time to commit to Caeda. Have 20k feathers so thinking to give her the wo dao+ and fury from a 4* Hinata. Haven't had a banner unit in over 400+ orbs (across multiple banners). Learnt my lesson: only pull on limited banners and hero fests.

That's not the reason you're failing to get banner units, so you didn't truly learn. It's up to RNG in the end, but you're just not saving enough Orbs.

You must always be prepared for high pity rates, especially if you're color picking as a F2Per.

Draxal

Just add Nephenee for Wrath and you have the meta top 5 of the season.

I like Neph, but I think there are better pulls.

Hinata for cheap Fury. There's never enough Fury.

Yeah fury is great and all, but I don't think people really get excited over pulling a three star hinata.

Bike for Steady breath
Nephenee for Wrath
Tana for guidance
Hector for DC
Celica for Distant defense.

Tahna is interesting great unit, but really wants firesweep, she is probably seventh on my list.

Celica and Elincia are the two units that are fighting for fifth on my list, Elincia can always be used as death blow fodder at the minimum.

Shinypogs

Hmm, for my big 400 orbs pull on the next banner outside of seasonal units I hope for:

1. Tana for guidance shenanigans.
2. Hinoka to sacrifice for hone fliers to someone else.
3. Reinhardt to finish my horse emblem.
4. Genny for wrathfull staff fodder.
5. Units without -res jfc it's like my personal curse
6. More dragons so I can get dragon emblem going.

Mostly though I just want new units and skills to mess around with.

NSESN

I like Neph, but I think there are better pulls.

Yeah fury is great and all, but I don't think people really get excited over pulling a three star hinata.

Tahna is interesting great unit, but really wants firesweep, she is probably seventh on my list.

Celica and Elincia are the two units that are fighting for fifth on my list, Elincia can always be used as death blow fodder at the minimum.
I want Tana for guidance. It is really useful for Armor Emblem and even for regular infantry units.

Rutger

Banned
So debate time.

I'm going
5. ???

1. Hector (to have a Hector and for dc)
2. Hinoka (hone fliers)
3. Elincia (She's a better Palla)
4. +Att Reinhardt
5. Barst/Selena (can never have enough Reposition)

I guess that would be my top 5 right now. Hector would change a lot of things for me while I still need hone fliers to complete my flying team. The next three are much lower priorities but would be nice for rounding out some teams/characters. Following that would be units that give me good skills like Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Quick Reposte.

I'm still looking for BIke and regular Ike wouldn't hurt.

I have Hinoka but her IV is really bad. I'm not entirely convinced about sacking her for hone fliers though. First I need a mage flier. If we get a red flier I have a blade tome+ ready to go.

I have a pretty solid roster tbh. IVs could stand to be better though. For example, all my armors (Hector/Amelia/Effie) are -Def

Sciel

The problem with Caeda is even with +ATK and heavy investment, she still hits like a wet tissue. Of course, a fully buffed one is another story (like every other unit).

So debate time.

I'm going
5. ???
1. Hinoka
2. Hinoka
3. Hinoka
4. Hinoka
5. Hinoka

:( (fine fine, Wrath from Neph would be nice too).

Sushen

I must suck at this game. I used to score over 4800 regularly in both arena modes. Now I have many more powerful units but struggle to get near the score. I haven’t been able to have a deathless run for a few days now.

Achtius

I must suck at this game. I used to score over 4800 regularly in both arena modes. Now I have many more powerful units but struggle to get near the score. I haven’t been able to have a deathless run for a few days now.

everyone else now have reinhadrt and blyn

ChrisD

i just watched auto-battle throw my olivia at black knight and a ninja instead of sending elincia, who was standing right beside her and has ORKO potential, that was also in-range of said enemies

yet, somehow, while typing this up, when i looked back down it somehow pulled out a win

I'm impressed

So debate time.

I'm going
5. ???

Amelia
Katarina
Celica
Young Tiki
Leo

DEAR GOD WILL THIS GAME JUST GIVE ME A SPEEDY RED TOME USER THAT ISN'T A BAD IV THARJA!?

So debate time.

I'm going
5. ???

1. Effie
2. Hector to feed to Effie
3. Cherche with good IVs
4. Hinoka to feed to cherche
5. Bridelia ; ;

Cryxok

So debate time.

I'm going
5. ???

1. Amelia to finish my Armor Emblem
2. Hinoka to inherit her Hone Fliers and finish my Flier Emblem
3. Elincia b/c she's better than Palla and arguably the best red melee glass cannon right now (and I need one of those). Ike got in my way to get her twice now. Brave Roy or Ryoma are acceptable replacements, but Elincia fits my teams better.
4. ANY Brave Bow user to inherit it to my Brave Lyn (If Klein, I may take his Death Blow 3 instead).
5. Azura to have the dancer trio.

Alucrid

Banned
okay arena assault is getting annoying having to deal with a brave lyn every turn. what are my options for counters other than m robin? i don't have any good ivs of him

spiritfox

okay arena assault is getting annoying having to deal with a brave lyn every turn. what are my options for counters other than m robin? i don't have any good ivs of him

Bulky Ravens are your friends, but a lot of them needs heavy SI. Cheapest would be Gronnraven Cecilia since she already has the tome, but a F-Robin or Sophia with TA Raven are good too.

I'm not sure Henry does enough damage to kill but he can tank a hit.

Top Bottom