• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ChrisD

Can't dance and heal at the same time. They're both assist skills.

Which is precisely why a Gacha would put it onto a pull-only event unit as a super-special-unique Skill. :eek:
(I don't actually think any company would do this, that's way too far)

How often does Quickened Pulse come around? I have a few builds in mind that would greatly benefit from it, but I wasn't playing when it released. Kind of sucks having something so strong on an event-basis instead of in-game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
He needs it to double fast enemies. Vantage would mean he leaves them alive for a turn which is very dangerous in the arena.

Same as mine!

That is true, but in this case I think any unit that Wings of Mercy's in and tries to initiate on him is just going to get vapourized by vantage Black Luna.

Watch them throw a curveball and make the event azura a colorless dancer with a healing dance

I know this is a joke but a colorless dancer, assuming the usual ranged stat reduction, would actually suck compared to the other dancers (especially since they can't Triangle Adept to cover anything).

Sushen

I like my Robins more than ever. Especially my F!Robin counters both Reinhardt and BLyn. She especially hard counters Reinhardt where even attack+ level 50 QP moonbow variation will die to her. Very satisfying to see them jump in and die.

Robin F and my good ol' Boey have been quite fun to use recently. Only just upgraded Robin F. Between her and Bowbreaker Boey, Rein and BowLyn don't really have the run of the place anymore.

ggx2ac

Someone send me Hinatas please. I need so many.

Here you go.

DKr33pcUMAAfWAq.jpg

Any recs on the best budget-esque B-slot for a Black Knight, Amor-Emblem team?

Was going to go with QReposte 2, but I just came up on a 4* Rein so now thinking Vantage 3?

edit: ahh reading back on last page it was touched on

ggx2ac

Im finally assembling my super armor emblem team (BK, Hector, Effie, Azura) , and just saw the tier lists dropped Effie 2 tiers :((((

I don't really pay attention to tier lists. It's not that important.

Besides, what other Armoured lance users are you going to use? Gwendolyn?

Although Gwendolyn has better defense, give her Slaying Lance, Bonfire, Steady Breath, Wary Fighter and she'd probably be as tough as Effie.

Tripon

I don't really pay attention to tier lists. It's not that important.

Besides, what other Armoured lanced users are you going to use? Gwendolyn?

Although Gwendolyn has better defense, give her Slaying Lance, Bonfire, Steady Breath, Wary Fighter and she'd probably be as tough as Effie.

Im finally assembling my super armor emblem team (BK, Hector, Effie, Azura) , and just saw the tier lists dropped Effie 2 tiers :((((

That's the F2P list where she dropped 2 tiers to A. The Arena Tier list still has her S+. Effie basically needs disant counter to stop people from picking on her, without it, she's only really usable on player phase, so to a F2P player, she's hard to invest in.

That's the F2P list where she dropped 2 tiers to A. The Arena Tier list still has her S+. Effie basically needs disant counter to stop people from picking on her, without it, she's only really usable on player phase, so to a F2P player, she's hard to invest in.

Ahh that makes more sense.

So still no Elincia/Nephenee/Oscar yet and I'm breaking 4% on another banner without any 5* lol. And no 1.4x unit for Tempest.

But just got to 30k and 5* BK. Alrighty then, will just slowly cruise up to 40k from here at the 1.2x pace.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Waiting til Friday for my 24 SP a kill Black Knight bonanza.

Also have been having issues getting defenses recently, until I decided to go full troll last week.

Been netting me a couple wins. If I had a Nephenee she'd be in there.

Just Drive ATK/SPD and +6 Atk shenanigans. Hope Brave Ike's can handle the pressure (they usually cannot).

Sciel

Beat the new Infernal GHB with Adult Tiki/B.Lyn/Ephraim/Ninian.

Not too bad with a physical tank and feels good not using Rein for once.

Beat the new Infernal GHB with Adult Tiki/B.Lyn/Ephraim/Ninian.

Not too bad with a physical tank and feels good not using Rein for once.

Infernal was actually available when Clarisse debuted, but I couldn't beat that difficulty when it came out.

I did beat Infernal this time with Brave Lucina, Ryoma, Robin(F), and Azura, so I'm happy. Wasn't really difficult, because Robin(F) is super strong against all ranged enemies on the map.

Ninferno

Mustered my last 20 orbs and tried one last time to break my 4.25% pity rate accumulated during my 2nd Elincia hunt. (my 1st was ended by Caeda The Wrong Red Flier...) Well my wish is now granted, but only the pity rate breaking part. Got a -HP +Def (which amusingly are both 4-point offsets) Oscar The Uninspiring because ofc there were no red stones in the summoning screen.

Well, at least I have a 40% TT bonus now. And tbph Oscar is a pretty good unit; 300SP assist is nothing to sneeze at. You know how low a guy's expectation bar is when he's trying to convince himself to be happy about spending 200+ orbs getting only an Oscar and nothing else of value.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not much time left on the banner to get Nephenee. 4 Oscars.

9 orbs left, let's do this.

No blue orbs...

Pull 1 red...

ELINCIA, YES!

-ATK+DEF....

Tomorrow last chance to make one, final, pull.

Mustered my last 20 orbs and tried one last time to break my 4.25% pity rate accumulated during my 2nd Elincia hunt. (my 1st was ended by Caeda The Wrong Red Flier...) Well my wish is now granted, but only the pity rate breaking part though. Got a -HP +Def (which amusingly are both 4-point offsets) Oscar The Uninspiring because ofc there were no red stones in the summoning screen.

Well, at least I have a 40% TT bonus now. And tbph Oscar is a pretty good unit; 300SP assist is nothing to sneeze at. You know how low a guy's expectation bar is when he's trying to convince himself to be happy about spending 200+ orbs getting only an Oscar and nothing else of value.

It's time for you to stop sniping.

I had very good luck with Focuses during Hero Fest #1, and I summoned Ryoma, Hector, and Azura. I've only summoned a desired Focus Hero four times since then. Bunny Lucina from Spring Festival, Klein (with bad IVs) from Battling Lloyd, Bridal Cordelia from Bridal Blessings, and Sonya from Celica's Army. After Sonya, I've failed to get a desired Hero every single time since then. That was over two months ago.

The last Tempest Trial banner was the straw that broke the camel's back. I spent over 170 Orbs for Ninian, and I didn't get her or any 5* at all. I primarily desire good skills from summoning now. There are still many Heroes that I haven't summoned and more that I need a good IV spread for.

Brave Ike wasn't what I really wanted from the Brave Heroes banner, but I'm glad I have him. He's a great unit, and mine has good IVs. He (and free Lancina) stopped these last two months from being a total bust. I only have 89 Orbs right now, so I need much more time to save.

Sciel

Infernal was actually available when Clarisse debuted, but I couldn't beat that difficulty when it came out.

I did beat Infernal this time with Brave Lucina, Ryoma, Robin(F), and Azura, so I'm happy. Wasn't really difficult, because Robin(F) is super strong against all ranged enemies on the map.
I think i just started the game when the original run was taking place. Nice to see all these GHB reruns (xander pls).

Just have to do the quests now.

Mupod

I originally did Infernal Clarisse with a super jank team of Ike, TA2 MRobin, and two dancers. I cut one dancer and brought Clarisse to do Lunatic and it was easy.

Now killing a 40 Clarisse with my own 4* is another matter since the enemy one is so much stronger than her in paralogue 7-3. Need to find someone who can survive her + legion without killing Clarisse outright. Next time I'll try Black Knight with a weaker special than Black Luna, that should do it. Chain Challenge is also an option I guess, but I'll take the lazy route thank you very much.

Sciel

I originally did Infernal Clarisse with a super jank team of Ike, TA2 MRobin, and two dancers. I cut one dancer and brought Clarisse to do Lunatic and it was easy.

Now killing a 40 Clarisse with my own 4* is another matter since the enemy one is so much stronger than her in paralogue 7-3. Need to find someone who can survive her + legion without killing Clarisse outright. Next time I'll try Black Knight with a weaker special than Black Luna, that should do it. Chain Challenge is also an option I guess, but I'll take the lazy route thank you very much.
Why not just do it in Lunatic? Did it with my team, you basically just need a Red DC tank who won't outright kill Clarisse. (I used A.Tiki/B.Lyn/4* Clarisse/Azura)

Throw your Tank to the leftmost tile within the aggro range (this should be next to wall). The Green mage will suicide onto him, another unit breaks the wall and Clarisse will attack your tank leaving her with low-ish hp. You can then finish Clarisse off with your own. If you can't kill her then adjust your positions a little so that Clarisse gets honed-buffed by the dancer.

Ninferno

Why not just do it in Lunatic? Did it with my team, you basically just need a Red DC tank who won't outright kill Clarisse. (I used A.Tiki/B.Lyn/4* Clarisse/Azura)

Throw your Tank to the leftmost tile within the aggro range (this should be next to wall). The Green mage will suicide onto him, another unit breaks the wall and Clarisse will attack your tank leaving her with low-ish hp. You can then finish Clarisse off with your own. If you can't kill her then adjust your positions a little so that Clarisse gets honed-buffed by the dancer.

Story missions are generally easier for the quests, not just because of the lower stats, but more importantly you can afford to lose units, not like GHBs. That is not to say finishing quests by GHBs is impossible, but story mission is just much easier in most cases.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ike with QR3, Robin with TA3 and Distant Seal, Olivia w/ Hone Atk, and TA3 Frederick took down Infernal Clarisse. Ike baits green at the beginning by going far left and ending it. Robin baits Clarisse. Then Robin kills Clarisse, danced out of danger. Ike and Robin kill the Cavalry that rides down. Frederick gets danced so he can kill the blue mage. Red unit is left far right right and ninja on the left. Fred kills the Ninja and Robin ends the red.

Took a few tries, but we got there.

Is Clarisse any good?

explodet

Story missions are generally easier for the quests, not just because of the lower stats, but more importantly you can afford to lose units, not like GHBs. That is not to say finishing quests by GHBs is impossible, but story mission is just much easier in most cases.
Yeah, I just went on a suicide run on Paralogue 7-3. All Sharena/Clarisse needs to do is land the final blow, she doesn't even need to survive the mission as long as it's completed.

Busaiku

Is there another map with a level 40 Clarisse?
Having trouble leaving her alive for Sharena/herself without someone going down.

ggx2ac

Ranked 505 with some 90k points in TT.

Still 9 days to go... I really wonder how far I'll have to go above 100k points to stay in the top 1000 rank.

At 51 orbs saved up, that's probably the most I've ever saved up. Gonna blow it all on the Halloween banner tomorrow.

Mupod

Ranked 505 with some 90k points in TT.

Still 9 days to go... I really wonder how far I'll have to go above 100k points to stay in the top 1000 rank.

At 51 orbs saved up, that's probably the most I've ever saved up. Gonna blow it all on the Halloween banner tomorrow.

For the last 'full' TT, 140k was comfortably in the 8000 feather tier, so I'm aiming for that again. But you needed to be pushing 200k to stay in the top 1000. Way too unreasonable for me even autobattling, I don't want to spend THAT many stam pots.

I've got 96 or so orbs right now with lots left to get from TT. Saving is tough for me since I need a lot of red/blue/grey fodder. But unless there's a Hone Fliers unit in that banner I will likely hold off at least until we see if they do a banner or VG for FE Warriors. We're probably close enough to a FEH Channel as well that I'd like to find out what they are doing with Sacred Coins before spending resources - I'm sitting on around 90k feathers at the moment.

explodet

I'm now at 340+ orbs, 108K+ feathers.

I'm getting by with my current roster, building up their SP reserves so when I finally splurge on a banner, I can use all that skill fodder I'll inevitably end up with.
I'm hurtin' for some SI though, lemme tell ya.

I can also promote any characters I really like but only end up getting at 4*. I've still got that +ATK/-DEF Cordelia I'm itching to promote, though. Maybe when I hit 120K.

Busaiku

How terrible is Shigure gonna be compared to Corrin and Camilla, assuming he is a flying red mage.
Is he gonna be the Odin of the flying mage trinity.

Why does IntSys hate male magic users (Soren and Reinhardt withstanding).

NSESN

How terrible is Shigure gonna be compared to Corrin and Camilla, assuming he is a flying red mage.
Is he gonna be the Odin of the flying mage trinity.

Why does IntSys hate male magic users (Soren and Reinhardt withstanding).
For some reason males can't read tomes as fast as girls.
But seriously why every male mage except Soren has shitty speed?

Rutger

Banned
I ran into a 700+ arena fight, neat.

I guess it's time for me to start building more characters so I can get good scores in Arena Assault.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's some kind of trope that they have going. Male mages are tankier but have less attack, while the female mages are glass cannon nukers.

And most of the game favors glass cannon nukers.

Female characters tended to be fragile speedsters in the main games, this transfers over to Heroes where that stat spread is much more favorable than it was originally.

Top Bottom