• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Alkez

So many free orbs these last few months, it's been a bit insane. IS has been increasingly more generous as this game has gone on. Just got to resist the temptation to waste all my orbs failing to get Hector now lol. As much as I want him I need to save for the next time limited banner and I've already had 1 failed run at him.

Pretty crazy. I had no feathers last week and now I have 30,000. I'm tempted to finally put L&D3 on my Delthea but I occasionally use her to tank magic

Yeah I was in the same situation. Used all of them and woke up today with 27k. Used mine to upgrade my Atk+/Res- Caeda to 5* for my flier team. Need to get her the Wo Dao + though before I can really use her.

Screenshot_2017-09-12-11-31-26.png

Are there better uses of my resources? Probably
Do I care? No

explodet

If I spent 5 orbs on every hero, right now I'd have enough for 54 heroes. If I pulled every orb instead, I'd have enough for 67.

I have space in my barracks for 10.

Damn it.

Mupod

I can get Lyn to +9...
What's the best build for her?

Defiant Attack/Brash Assault?

Fury/Brash Assault would be a fun build for original recipe Lyn, as when she hits 50% she can double any melee without risk of counterattack. Probably want to give her a more practical special like Iceberg or Moonbow.

Defiant Atk sounds like it would fit with that build but it doesn't stack with hone/rally attack or Delthea's attack buff. Fury also helps her defenses and helps her reach 50% hp. I wish my Lyn wasn't -atk or else I'd make this build just to mess around. As it is she's looking to be Galeforce fodder to one of my fliers someday.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I need to determine whether I want to promote Tharja to 5 star or get Olivia to inherit a rub sword +. I have like 7 Effie's so maybe upgrade one of those. Or 5 star Mathilda for cancel affinity. Decisions.

lt519

Scores are definitely inflated, hit 4846 with some cherry picking, but the lowest I encountered was 688 and all I did was swap out Titania for a B!Lyn that doesn't even have a C skill. Hopefully that's enough for T20 this week.

I'm glad I made it to T20 this week. I keep getting the map with the staggered walls against teams of Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Just got to get above 4800 and I'm done.

Sciel

Fury/Brash Assault would be a fun build for original recipe Lyn, as when she hits 50% she can double any melee without risk of counterattack. Probably want to give her a more practical special like Iceberg or Moonbow.

Defiant Atk sounds like it would fit with that build but it doesn't stack with hone/rally attack or Delthea's attack buff. Fury also helps her defenses and helps her reach 50% hp. I wish my Lyn wasn't -atk or else I'd make this build just to mess around. As it is she's looking to be Galeforce fodder to one of my fliers someday.
I actually have her at +ATK/-HP. She's only been built partially but I've actually no idea how to use her lol. Never really use her even in Arena Assault.

lt519

I'm glad I made it to T20 this week. I keep getting the map with the staggered walls against teams of Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Just got to get above 4800 and I'm done.

Had that a couple times, I have Lyn take out a wall and then Rein bum rush the other Rein on the first turn. He or someone swapping him out will have to take some blows though, so it has to be carefully planned. But Rein can take a few Red sword blows. Waiting for the AI to move first on that map can be trouble.

bigzgod

Scores are definitely inflated, hit 4846 with some cherry picking, but the lowest I encountered was 688 and all I did was swap out Titania for a B!Lyn that doesn't even have a C skill. Hopefully that's enough for T20 this week.

What is your ranking right now? Typically 4800 is enough for 19 to 20 but everything is inflated when so many dropped from 20 last week plus higher bst from cyl heroes as bonus. I'm guessing cutoff will be quite higher than average.

Wichu

So my quest for one more Brave hero before the banner ends has ended in failure (and a 5* -Def/+Res Lukas :/)

What are everyone's opinions on Brave Roy vs Brave Lucina for the free pick? I already have Xander on Horse Emblem, and Sharena and Eirika for infantry support. Is the neutral nature particularly good or bad for either Roy or Lucina?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Lancina is probably a more versatile character because she's a great lance infantry on her own, and also provides a ton of goad buffs that other infantry units cannot. I think her buffs are also all goads, which stack with hone/rally buffs.

Roy seems like a very player phase based character. He's meant to run in, kill things, and not be in range of anything that can hit him back by the time his turn is over. So kind of the opposite of Xander in role.

So my quest for one more Brave hero before the banner ends has ended in failure (and a 5* -Def/+Res Lukas :/)

What are everyone's opinions on Brave Roy vs Brave Lucina for the free pick? I already have Xander on Horse Emblem, and Sharena and Eirika for infantry support. Is the neutral nature particularly good or bad for either Roy or Lucina?

Lancina is a pretty beastly support unit, giving +3 speed to everyone within 2 paces, and an additional +3 attack/speed to melee-based units. You can chuck her into a ton of teams and get great results. Her goad boosts are great in the sense that they can stack with Hone/Fortifies, so running both is a valid and powerful option. She's the unit I am currently providing summoner support to, and combined with Fury, it turns her into a beast.

Roy definitely requires more building around, but he can be pretty potent as well; able to trigger Galeforce against any character that gets off a counterattack and he doubles. Horse buffs can make him an absurdly good hit-and-run unit. You could also chuck on a 2 or 3-charge special to guarantee it fires on his second attack, which should make him adept at deleting units. He's a lot of fun to mess around with; I'm building mine with L&D2 and Savage Blow, so he can cripple nearby units and either retreat or finish off a second unit with Galeforce. Lots of fun.

Nature-wise, neutral is fine for both. I ended up with a -Atk Roy, but he's still able to trigger his Heavy Blade effect most of the time. If you just use Lancina for support, her stats almost don't matter.

Since I bothered to log in, thought I'd show off my awesome +DEF/-RES Brave Lucina. Looking forward to that 40 DEF/55 ATK/41 SPD statline once she hits S-Rank support and Fury 3. Still debating between Bonfire and Ignis, but for now, learning Aether will do just fine, especially for her sustainability.

Since I bothered to log in, thought I'd show off my awesome +DEF/-RES Brave Lucina. Looking forward to that 40 DEF/55 ATK/41 SPD statline once she hits S-Rank support and Fury 3. Still debating between Bonfire and Ignis, but for now, learning Aether will do just fine, especially for her sustainability.
Are you sure that's not -hp?

lt519

What is your ranking right now? Typically 4800 is enough for 19 to 20 but everything is inflated when so many dropped from 20 last week plus higher bst from cyl heroes as bonus. I'm guessing cutoff will be quite higher than average.

481 outta 5723.

Yeah I usually skate by with 4800-4806 to get into T20, figured it was going to be higher this week so I was a bit more selective in my match-ups. If need be I could burn like 20 crests and get to 4860+, but I think this will hold.

So I need IS to develop a way to reroll IVs on characters. Looks like I'm trapped with a +HP/-ATK Brave Ike and I'm out of orbs. Tried to get a second one with better IV but my 4% pity rate broke with a Sonya. The funny part is that I've got 4 5* greens on this banner and just one of them being Brave Ike... Send help.

Apenheul

Bamboo 竹;248753642 said:
So I need IS to develop a way to reroll IVs on characters. Looks like I'm trapped with a +HP/-ATK Brave Ike and I'm out of orbs. Tried to get a second one with better IV but my 4% pity rate broke with a Sonya. The funny part is that I've got 4 5* greens on this banner and just one of them being Brave Ike... Send help.
They acknowledged it in a recent interview but they just haven't found a good solution yet.

They acknowledged it in a recent interview but they just haven't found a good solution yet.

I'd be pretty happy if they added a way to neutralize your IVs somehow. It would mean you can't keep rerolling or adjust to have optimal IVs, but you can at least get rid of debilitating negatives to crucial stats. Strikes a good balance of fixing crippled units while not removing the strength/fortune of units with optimal IVs.

lt519

I always thought a re-rolling mechanic that cost 2x more every time you executed would be both a $$$ maker for IS and a good mechanic for consumers.

1 orb for your first re-roll, 2 for the next, 4, 8, 16, etc, etc

Basically you could re-roll the worst IV and have an almost certainty that with a maximum of 3 orbs you will no longer have the worst IV, great for f2p players. If you are a whale you could spend forever getting the perfect roll. It also introduces some risk reward on whether to continue rolling. 16 orbs doesn't sound bad if you are on an OK IV but spending 32 to get god-tier IV could end in disaster and cost you another 64 to re-roll again.

jnWake

I always thought a re-rolling mechanic that cost 2x more every time you executed would be both a $$$ maker for IS and a good mechanic for consumers.

1 orb for your first re-roll, 2 for the next, 4, 8, 16, etc, etc

Basically you could re-roll the worst IV and have an almost certainty that with a maximum of 3 orbs you will no longer have the worst IV, great for f2p players. If you are a whale you could spend forever getting the perfect roll. It also introduces some risk reward on whether to continue rolling. 16 orbs doesn't sound bad if you are on an OK IV but spending 32 to get god-tier IV could end in disaster and cost you another 64 to re-roll again.

I don't think straight up re-rolling would work well, since there's a risk of making your unit worse and introducing a system where people could pay to get worse units would get huge backlash.

Wiseblade

Or they could let us feed units with desirable bane/boons to other units.
This is what I expect, but at great cost.

* 100 sacred coins (4 weeks turnaround time minimum) & [insert extravagant number here] badges/great badges

* sacrificed unit must have same weapon type as target unit

* sacrificed unit must be of same rarity (or higher) of target unit.

The idea is to give people the option, but make it expensive enough that people are forced to engage with the game to utilise it rather than just spending more money. It also increases the value of pulling by giving you abother metric to judge the value of a pull:

"Did I get a unit I want?" -> "Did Iget a skill I want?" -> "Did I get a nature I want?"

This game units who have underwhelming stats and no skills currently valued in the meta a reason to be anything other than a disappointment when pulled. Imagine using Oboro to fix a poorly natured Lancina or Florina to fix Hinoka.

Sushen

While I have many units with terrible IVs, what makes me hesitant about the reroll is that it leads to every Reinhardt you see will be atk+ and every Nino will be spd+. It's a matter of time if there is a way that players can control.

As much as I hate bad IVs, that also brings variety to the mix rather than everything is becoming the same. I got the impression that IS wants us to have lots of powerful units rather than most of us are running the same cookie cutter teams. I actually kinda like the idea.

TBH I would just be happy if IS give us the option of resetting our units IV to neutral at a price. I have 5* units losing their competitive value because of unfavorable IVs like Speed when they rely on making double attacks on the enemy.

Decided to do another pull on the Brave banner after Chrom broke my pity rate and I got a Leo.

I might have enough orbs for one more pull (depends on what new banners are coming up) but so far I've spent 200 orbs for 3 off-focus 5* units.

bigzgod

If anyone wants to see Reddit's bad community tier list, here's the link: Link

They complain about Gamepedia's tier list but this is what they end with? It's a good thing that gamepedia doesn't factor in community voting because this tier list has a lot of issues.

Decided to do another pull on the Brave banner after Chrom broke my pity rate and I got a Leo.

I might have enough orbs for one more pull (depends on what new banners are coming up) but so far I've spent 200 orbs for 3 off-focus 5* units.

I can feel you. For me this banner have been terrible. Spent like 200 orbs between saved from F2P and some purchased ($20) and got 4 5* non focus units (Elise, Julia, Hawkeye and Sonya) and a -DEF/+RES Brave Lucina and a -ATK/+HP Brave Ike... Terribles IV for them, I know. Now I'm 0 orbs and no way to gain more beside daily orbs and 7 remaining orbs from TT Mini.

I spent 176 Orbs on the Brave Hero banner the day it came out. I had a good pull ratio, but lackluster Heroes. I got 5* Jakob, Olwen, Rebecca, and Brave Ike with +DEF/-SPD in that order.

Jakob is a worthless pull, and my current one does nothing but heal with Reciprocal Aid. Olwen doesn't have any ATK or SPD boons (she's +RES/-HP), so there is no reason to invest in her when I already use Blarblade+ Ursula for my Horse team. I also have 4* Rebecca with +ATK and +SPD, so 5* Rebecca with average IVs really isn't good.

My Brave Ike pull was the true saving grace. I'm up to 163 Orbs, but I don't really want to go back for Brave Roy or Lyn. I would rather wait for the Ninian BHB or the next seasonal banner. I don't expect this week's new Heroes to blow me away.

guys,I just got into the game,any tips?

Focus on clearing the games many different modes and content to collect as much orbs and feathers as possible. This will allow you to learn the game's mechanics and various currencies and then you can start to hone in on units you want to promote or inherit skills to.

Also unless you have 2-3 great 5* units now is a great time to reroll because of the recent give away of orbs.

Shinypogs

I'm still not really good at builds for heroes :(

What would be the best specials I can put on Xander and lyn ( who are now s ranked and give Zero fucks about everything when properly controlled.) I was considering Ignis or Moonbow for Xander since I've seen that floating around online but I'm not sure which is best in my wip horse emblem team or if there's another option I'm not thinking of. I was contemplating promoting and sacrificing a Chrom to give Lyn Aether to heal up some of that chip dmg she tends to take but i'm open to cheaper or other suggestions for a better special choice.

atm

xander:
A: nothing, will be fury 3 after mini TT but the AI is a derp and I don't trust it not to kill him with it while autoing.
B: Vantage 3
C: Hone cavalry
support: reposition
special: rising light
Seal: distant defense 1

brave lyn: ( supporting with me as well as xander)
A: Swift sparrow 2
B: Sacae's blessing
C: Atk smoke 3 ( contemplating swapping this for ward cavalry)
special: dragon gaze.
Seal: Quickened pulse.

I'll be building Camus next ( and rounding out with Reinhardt whenever I can pull the bugger. It feels like everyone but me has him.

Sciel

guys,I just got into the game,any tips?
Reroll till you get one of the Brave Units (preferably Ike/Lucina) that's currently on the featured summon banner (you have 2 days). Once you get either, pick up Brave Lyn from the free summon.

I'm still not really good at builds for heroes :(

What would be the best specials I can put on Xander and lyn ( who are now s ranked and give Zero fucks about everything when properly controlled.) I was considering Ignis or Moonbow for Xander since I've seen that floating around online but I'm not sure which is best in my wip horse emblem team or if there's another option I'm not thinking of. I was contemplating promoting and sacrificing a Chrom to give Lyn Aether to heal up some of that chip dmg she tends to take but i'm open to cheaper or other suggestions for a better special choice.

atm

xander:
A: nothing, will be fury 3 after mini TT but the AI is a derp and I don't trust it not to kill him with it while autoing.
B: Vantage 3
C: Hone cavalry
special: rising light
Seal: distant defense 1

brave lyn: ( supporting with me as well as xander)
A: Swift sparrow 2
B: Sacae's blessing
C: Atk smoke 3 ( contemplating swapping this for ward cavalry)
special: dragon gaze.
Seal: Quickened pulse.

I'll be building Camus next ( and rounding out with Reinhardt whenever I can pull the bugger. It feels like everyone but me has him.
I can't speak about Xander since i don't have him. But for B.Lyn what are her IVs (neutral?) . Her default kit is mostly fantastic, Mulagir is a good weapon but usually people will sacrifice a Brave Bow+ to her though.

Shinypogs

Yes neutral, I was not going to go through colourless hell looking for her. I'll def contemplate a brave bow + for her in the future though for now I'll stick with the default.

Top Bottom