• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem If (2 versions: ¥4700 game, ¥1852 other ver content DLC, ¥1852 3rd DLC)

Velcro Fly

If they are two full length game paths I'm ok

If they are not I'm not sure how to feel.

My hope is that getting all paths everything sort of ends up the same so you can recruit all characters eventually anyway

Dr. Buni

Interesting. Maybe the story and characters won't be literally shit this time like they were in Awakening. But still, two different games is kinda weird. Fire Emblem is Pokémon now.

Neku89

From the EU Direct, I understood that the differences are chosen by the player actions, not that these were two separate versions. Oh, well.

The US version definitely didn't make it seem like it was 2 versions so I think this might be a JP only thing, especially with how much the franchise is on thin ice over here. And if it is 2 versions for US then fuck Nintendo for ruining the only thing I liked about their direct.

If the difference is really as drastic as they say then I can get down with 2 versions. Love everything I've seen about the game so far.

KarmaCow

I got bored of FE:A so I'm waiting to see if they made encounters more interesting than clear the map but this pokemon'ing with two separate games is a real turn off.

Had a feeling it'd be like Pokemon/Inzauma/Yokai, but it wasn't clear in the EU stream.

Disappointing if it is radically different, especially given that third arc or whatever it is.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's kind of premature to judge the pricing structure without knowing the price

The UK direct made it seem pretty clear that you choose which story path you go down in the game, with the Nohr storyline being much more difficult. I seriously doubt this is 2 games.

Kinsei

Banned
Wait they;re taking the one good thing about the game and splitting it across 2? What the hell happened to IS after Radiant Dawn?

JP Direct = 2 games?
NA Direct = 1 game?

Need clarification on this?!

NA direct mentions that it's all based on choices that determine what side you're on

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks good but having to buy DLC to experience the other story? Fuck that.

Flare

The whole 2 version and dlc thing is pretty disappointing and unfortunate... Canadian prices aren't convincing me otherwise as well

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I thought the NA direct made it seem like you chose your path in a single game.
2 separate carts from JP direct

Can pay an extra $15~ to download other version as DLC, as well as $15 for a 3rd path DLC to be released later

A limited edition with both games + bonus and 3rd path DLC will be sold for around $80

Part of me is thinking that JP is getting shafted here. You can't really mix these details up on two different directs, especially when both directs were pretty clear on certain aspects.

Top Bottom