• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

I don't plan to get this for awhile so hopefully I can still get the physical version in a June or July on amazon. Just got to many other games going on right now and to little money to buy it just to buy it.

I want the box. I like boxes. I'm probably worried for nothing and it'll just be the first few weeks that'll be supply strained. They won't just stop shipping them by July or so...surely...NOA...

Eusis

I just hope that if it's streetdated it's NOT moved to the 5th. It was set for the 4th for months, the game's digitally out at midnight, I'd really rather not wait another day for reasons that are purely arbitrary and last minute.

rjc571

Banned
I preordered from frys.com a few weeks ago but my copy was later placed on backorder. Does anybody know how long it usually takes them to get extra shipments in? It would suck if I miss out on the first month free DLC.

I don't want to cancel and order from somewhere else because they had the game marked down to $30.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hopefully this holds true for the rest of the city.
I sure hope so; I actually called Market this morning and they told me they'd be getting it the 5th (this was at 9:00 am though). Sadly I only have preorders at Mission and Stonestown. :(

Doorman

A quick little query since the condition of the game itself seems to be under so much debate: what's the situation like with the actual Fire Emblem LE 3DS? Everybody talks about shipping issues with the game but not the system, same for the lifting of street dates and whatnot.

Chrom

A quick little query since the condition of the game itself seems to be under so much debate: what's the situation like with the actual Fire Emblem LE 3DS? Everybody talks about shipping issues with the game but not the system, same for the lifting of street dates and whatnot.

The 3DS bundle appears to be completely unfazed by this predicament.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nintendo could fuck up a two car funeral I swear. If this is how they are going to be handling releases now I'm not going to be looking forward to buying their products.

You should take a look at how Sony deals with R&C Full Front Assault Vita release

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's part of my day.
*gets call* "It's Gamestop, your copy of Fire Emblem Awakening will be here on Tuesday"
Me: Awesome.
*gets another call* "It's Gamestop, I just got the message that it's been delayed to next Friday. Sorry"
"... Thank you" *hangs up* "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Real mean...

Here's part of my day.
*gets call* "It's Gamestop, your copy of Fire Emblem Awakening will be here on Tuesday"
Me: Awesome.
*gets another call* "It's Gamestop, I just got the message that it's been delayed to next Friday. Sorry"
"... Thank you" *hangs up* "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Real mean...

So it's official? The game is delayed to Friday!!?!
I preordered two copies and cleared my schedule for Monday to play this!!

Vamphuntr

I'm still mad ebgames had called me to come pick up my copy only to tell me they were not selling it anymore until the 4th when I arrived there :( At least I'm glad that we have a different SKU in Canada and that we were not affected by the weird delay for this game. I know I will have my copy on the 4th so I can't complain.

A lot of places are reporting low/sold out stock. I pre-ordered from Amazon just now and it alerted me that, "well, we really don't know when you'll get your copy. You'll get it sometime, promise! But we think maybe the 6th. But we're not sure. It may be later than that. "

.....Must be super popular.

Jawmuncher

Low amount of copies produced makes anything popular. Preordered from amazon as backup. Trying Gamestop and my PX next week.

I am starting this rumor here:

Manufacturing for this game was fucked up for Animal Crossing New Leaf reprints.

Carts need to be ordered months in advance and new leaf got priority

Persona7

Banned
I talked to my friend who is a manager at a chain game store and they are having supply problems with this game, the warehouse that ships the games to the individual stores only got a quarter of the order they were supposed to and don't know if or when they are going to get the rest of the order.

Tyeforce

It's no surprise the game is seeing a slightly delayed release with most retailers. It's a Monday release. Monday releases almost NEVER arrive to retailers in time, for whatever reason.

It irritates the hell out of me when I go to GameStop in attempt to find a Monday release on its release day and they lie to my face and tell me that the release date is Tuesday or Wednesday. Uh, no, it's today. Just tell me the truth and say that you didn't receive the game yet, don't give me BS about the release day being later. =/

I've had the best luck with Best Buy when it comes to Monday releases. They tend to have the games in stock that day, though sometimes they don't receive them until later in the day.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm pretty glad I got mine earlier before the clampdown, although the game has completely destroyed my productivity.

Esura

Banned
Seems likely.
How many of you will cave and buy it digitally because you can't wait?

I'm not. Senran Kagura Burst (if it get localized only on E-shop) will be the last 3DS game I buy on E-shop because that game would be worth dealing with the E-shop. I had gotten like three other games on there previously but now I'm wary of it after finding out it's tied to the system. I also hate navigating the shop too. Feels bland.

GhostSeed

The distributers I talked to the past two days said the first shipment was "highly allocated" which means "fuck you!" if you want a copy on release day. Most aren't expecting their shipment until Monday at the earliest when means indi-game stores aren't getting their copies until Tuesday at best.

I'm sure it's been brought up a ton of times already--and I'll look at the last few pages after I post this--but if I were to get the LE 3DS, could I do a system transfer to my XL so I could play the game on there? I don't want to play FE on the regular 3DS if I do get the bundle, but I do really want the actual 3DS, even though it'd pretty much go unused... I want to pass it up because it would pretty much be a waste of money... but it's FE... and a special edition... when is that ever going to happen again?

Hard decision. Anyway, yeah: tl;dr: I want to transfer Awakening--and only Awakening--from the 3DS to my XL without the XL being affected in some way.

Is it just a matter of transferring the pre-installed data from the SD card to the one in my XL? Is it as simple as using a PC?

The game is tied to your 3DS account, but the 3DS account is tied to the system, if that makes sense. You can transfer your 3DS account to another 3DS as long as you physically have both systems, and the game will go with you. It's better than the Wii where there was no option to move games you've purchased, but it's not as good as 360 where you can play any game you've purchases from any system as long as you're logged into Live.
Found this. So, basically, I'd have to flip-flop systems? That's what I'm taking from this. For example, if my only interest in the FE 3DS is the game itself and nothing else, and I wanted to play it on the XL, I would only have FE on the XL if I do a transfer and all my other stuff would go to the FE 3DS? So when I finally want to play my other stuff on the XL, I'd have to transfer again just to do so? Is that really the only way?

I'll be waiting. Im tempted to set up a pick up for Monday at my local BB, but if GS isnt getting it until the 8th, I don't trust BB to have it on the 4th and then Ill have to deal with getting them to cancel the order.

I figure Ill hit up BB and Target Monday morning, ask about it, probably come home empty handed, pick it up when I can.

donny2112

Found this. So, basically, I'd have to flip-flop systems? That's what I'm taking from this. For example, if my only interest in the FE 3DS is the game itself and nothing else, and I wanted to play it on the XL, I would only have FE on the XL if I do a transfer and all my other stuff would go to the FE 3DS? So when I finally want to play my other stuff on the XL, I'd have to transfer again just to do so? Is that really the only way?

Yes. Anything on the system you're transferring to would become a downloadable item in the eShop after the transfer. Therefore to keep your current games, saves, etc. and add Fire Emblem download to it, you'd have to transfer all your XL stuff to the FE regular 3DS, and then transfer all the stuff back to the XL. You would then have added FE to your available to download list of games in the eShop and kept everything on the XL, as well.

As with most things with Nintendo, there's a caveat even on all that. You can only have five system transfers for the life of your 3DS account without going to Nintendo to get another transfer, and that would use up two of your "no hassle" lifetime transfers. Also, you cannot perform a system transfer twice on a system within a week, so you'd be gaming on the FE regular 3DS for a week before you could transfer the items back to the XL. Pretty sure that's to discourage trying to cheat the system and get multiple copies of games on different systems, but whatever the reason, it's a caveat to plan for if you're thinking of trying to transfer the FE download to your XL.

It irritates the hell out of me when I go to GameStop in attempt to find a Monday release on its release day and they lie to my face and tell me that the release date is Tuesday or Wednesday. Uh, no, it's today. Just tell me the truth and say that you didn't receive the game yet, don't give me BS about the release day being later. =/

I hate this with just about anyone. I've worked retail in games and I know when people are giving me bullshit lines. Also recognize when someone knows what they're talking about.

Thankfully when I inquired at the local Best Buy about this game, the guy was very cool about it. I was pretty happy. I need to remember his name next time and give his manager a thumbs up for him.

Yes. Anything on the system you're transferring to would become a downloadable item in the eShop after the transfer. Therefore to keep your current games, saves, etc. and add Fire Emblem download to it, you'd have to transfer all your XL stuff to the FE regular 3DS, and then transfer all the stuff back to the XL. You would then have added FE to your available to download list of games in the eShop and kept everything on the XL, as well.
Very informative post. I appreciate it. I was completely ignorant about those caveats in the second paragraph, so, thank you for bringing them up.

Now, just to clarify what you said for myself, to see if I'm getting it right: transfer data from my XL to the FE 3DS -> all my data is merged on one handheld now -> wait a week -> transfer data to XL -> all data is now back on the XL, including FE -> FE 3DS is barren of any data now -> only three more possible data transfers without the aid of Nintendo.

If so, I'd be okay with that.

I'm not. Senran Kagura Burst (if it get localized only on E-shop) will be the last 3DS game I buy on E-shop because that game would be worth dealing with the E-shop. I had gotten like three other games on there previously but now I'm wary of it after finding out it's tied to the system. I also hate navigating the shop too. Feels bland.

I'm wary of it too.
Every other digital system is flexible to the needs of the consumer.

...I might. I would much prefer a physical copy though, so I'd probably wait. Art book doesn't hurt either.

I'm out of room on my SD card, so if I were to buy digitally (which I won't be doing), I would have to add the cost of a new SD card to the cost of buying the game.

Also, I'm between jobs at the moment and the last thing I need to do is blow $40 on a game.
The delays won't affect me this time since I am waiting anyway.

donny2112

Now, just to clarify what you said for myself, to see if I'm getting it right: transfer data from my XL to the FE 3DS -> all my data is merged on one handheld now -> wait a week -> transfer data to XL -> all data is now back on the XL, including FE -> FE 3DS is barren of any data now -> only three more possible data transfers without the aid of Nintendo.

If so, I'd be okay with that.

Yep. The system will keep track of the number of system transfers remaining and tell you how many you have left at the beginning of the process. Think it mentions the one week limit at the beginning of the transfer process, too. I still prefer knowing about all that stuff before actually getting into the process, though. :)

Here's the Nintendo link detailing what all's transferred, as well.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp

Erethian

I am starting this rumor here:

Manufacturing for this game was fucked up for Animal Crossing New Leaf reprints.

Carts need to be ordered months in advance and new leaf got priority

I hear it was actually Nintendogs clogging the tubes.

Seriously though, Nintendo stopped having this issue years ago. The manufacturing problems with New Leaf are related to a special memory chip it uses.

Letep

Has anyone in the US picked up a copy from Best Buy?

The site says it's available as of 2/1 for in store pick up. I don't want to order it, have my card charged, then find out it's not in stock.

zroid

Banned
There really needs to be a way to back up saves so this double transfer nonsense is rendered unnecessary. I'm hoping the save transfer utility will include a backup option of some kind.

in canada: ordered from future shop on 1/29 (30+ copies available at the time). now (2/2) unavailable / sold out...

lesson learned: anything, for any system, from here on out that's not triple-a, mainstream gets pre-ordered early...

Vamphuntr

in canada: ordered from future shop on 1/29 (30+ copies available at the time). now (2/2) unavailable / sold out...

lesson learned: anything, for any system, from here on out that's not triple-a, mainstream gets pre-ordered early...

Futureshop.ca always does this, though. They basically pre sell their stock and if it's all sold out it will show as unavailable/out of stock until they receive more. RE Revelations was sold out for weeks there while it wasn't rare at all.

It also often shows backordered/out of stock for new release while this is not the case at all.

Futureshop.ca always does this, though. They basically pre sell their stock and if it's all sold out it will show as unavailable/out of stock until they receive more. RE Revelations was sold out for weeks there while it wasn't rare at all.

It also often shows backordered/out of stock for new release while this is not the case at all.

didn't know this - thanks! (tho what's the point of the bolded part?)...

Codeblue

Is going to affect the bundle too? Are any brick and mortar stores that aren't GS even selling the bundle or should I just order on Newegg now and chance the damages?

Letep

I called my Gamestop. They have no idea when they're getting copies in, but they can sell them as soon as they do.

:-/

MrDaravon

Just called my Gamestop and talked to the manager (who I know). He said that right now they're showing that their copies will be getting shipped overnight and Monday and they'll have it Tuesday, but ONLY to meet pre-orders, and that they're not expecting a restock until at least the following week for non-preorders o_O

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Does anybody know if Digital Download will be available on the 4th, or will they wait until thursday with the normal eshop update? (not sure how they did it with other games)

Top Bottom