• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

Okay, I just ran to the BB near me. No physical copies in the front, back or anywhere, and he checked all the stores in town (KC) and it was the same thing. No Best Buys here physically have it yet.

Seda

Okay, I just ran to the BB near me. No physical copies in the front, back or anywhere, and he checked all the stores in town (KC) and it was the same thing. No Best Buys here physically have it yet.

Best Buy usually gets large shipments on Saturdays (at least in the district I used to work in) so I'd assume they'd get copies then...The next truck isn't until Tuesday.

Best Buy usually gets large shipments on Saturdays (at least in the district I used to work in) so I'd assume they'd get copies then...The next truck isn't until Tuesday.

Awesome. I'll come home from an early morning work event and hopefully be able to pick the game up on my way home...

Tuck

Listen to man this! I'm at the final boss fight right now and I don't want the game to end! This has been an amazing 30 hour experience!

30? Jeez you must be going for everything. Game only took me 15 hours. It was alright, but not as good as Thousand Year Door. But I digress, as this is not a Paper Mario Sticker Star thread.

Cashier at my local GS told me they're not selling it until Tuesday. I thought it releases on Monday?

It was listed for Monday but I don't think it's actually street dated, which means they can sell it as soon as they have copies. The clerk you talked to probably just didn't know and assumed it was a regular release.

Called all three of the Gamestops in my area and all three of them swore they still hadn't got any copies, which is super strange since they seem to get new stock in on Fridays. I'm a little curious as to what exactly is going on with the US shipment. I find it hard to believe that NoA would deliberately hamper physical sales for the purpose of bolstering digital ones, but that's kind of what it look like right now.

This is part of the new meta strategy game Nintendo has implemented.

Should you stay where you are use an item (eShop) or move your unit to a strategic location and try to get it early? Fail, and you could end up having to wait till 02/08. And if you die trying to get the game you stay dead.
Lol! Honestly I have no problem waiting until the 8th if I was 100% guaranteed a copy.

Velcro Fly

Nintendo could fuck up a two car funeral I swear. If this is how they are going to be handling releases now I'm not going to be looking forward to buying their products.

Called all three of the Gamestops in my area and all three of them swore they still hadn't got any copies, which is super strange since they seem to get new stock in on Fridays. I'm a little curious as to what exactly is going on with the US shipment. I find it hard to believe that NoA would deliberately hamper physical sales for the purpose of bolstering digital ones, but that's kind of what it look like right now.

GS gets shipment every week day. My GS(former place of employment) still doesn't have their copies. If the game was releasing Sunday then yeah, they would've got them in by today at the latest, but since it is(well, was) Monday they likely won't get copies until Monday. It's surprisingly common for Nintendo games to show up on the day of release just through Fedex. At least, it was common in my years at Gamestop.

EDIT: Also, and a heads up, you can check to see if they physically have the game in stock through their website.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
My Best Buy is still showing 2/4 as online through the website, however they list the game as "In Stock."

donny2112

Does Nintendo still do the "Games tied to system, not account" thing? It's one of the main reasons I don't buy anything from their E-shop.

The game is tied to your 3DS account, but the 3DS account is tied to the system, if that makes sense. You can transfer your 3DS account to another 3DS as long as you physically have both systems, and the game will go with you. It's better than the Wii where there was no option to move games you've purchased, but it's not as good as 360 where you can play any game you've purchases from any system as long as you're logged into Live.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I called my Gamestop again, and got a different employee. He told me that there's no delays and it's still set to come in on Tuesday.
... I'll still call on Tuesday before going in.

JCX

I actually prefer downloading games, as it makes them much harder to lose and easier to carry around a bunch of games.

donny2112

If the release date has been lifted, why can't I download from the eShop, Nintendo!?!

I actually prefer downloading games, as it makes them much harder to lose and easier to carry around a bunch of games.

It's like flying in an airplane. Statistically safest way to travel, but if you do crash, God help you.

Just in case you guys are worried about Iwata stepping down, just remember that downloading digitally gives a LOT more of the cut to Nintendo, especially since it's first party. I'm buying every first/second party game digitally just to give them more money.
And also because I like digital download games.

Artemisia

Banned
I don't see how this is a fuck-up by Nintendo at all.

Some people got their games early, but it's still going to be released on the 4th for everyone else.

I don't see how this is a fuck-up by Nintendo at all.

Some people got their games early, but it's still going to be released on the 4th for everyone else.

Most retailers are suggesting distribution problems and don't expect to get the game on the release date, suggesting possibly 4 days later they will have it, not to mention they may be unable to fulfill all preorders

zroid

Banned
I don't see how any of this is happy and good at all

:(

Yeah I meant the parts where the street date was broken a week early, and then ultimately moved forward by 3 days. Not the shipping delays...

But it is good that sales appear to be exceeding initial estimates.

I'm getting the bundle, but I was hoping to get a sealed copy for cheap eventually for my collection. Looks like it's not gonna happen unless the next shipments are more generous.

Iorv3th

Anyone think Nintendo screwed this up on purpose to encourage people to download the game from the eshop? I have a physical copy pre-ordered and hope I can pick it up on tuesday as I have tuesday off.

Rootbeer

Banned
Good news. Called Gamestop on Market Street (San Francisco), they told me they THOUGHT it was delayed but they are actually expecting copies to arrive either tonight or before monday. I specifically asked if I could buy it once they get copies, they said YES the street date WAS removed and as soon as they get them they can sell it. I have a pre-order at said store so I don't know if that makes a difference in the answer I got or not.

hao chi

Good news. Called Gamestop on Market Street (San Francisco), they told me they THOUGHT it was delayed but they are actually expecting copies to arrive either tonight or before monday. I specifically asked if I could buy it once they get copies, they said YES the street date WAS removed and as soon as they get them they can sell it. I have a pre-order at said store so I don't know if that makes a difference in the answer I got or not.

This gives me hope. I don't want to have to choose between a physical copy and an artbook, and playing on Monday.

Hopefully this holds true for the rest of the city.

Trevelyan

Banned

To piggyback off this, I just called my Gamestop in Los Gatos and they did confirm it's not street dated, but that they were expecting it anywhere between the 5-8th. Bleh.

Top Bottom