• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
I work at Gamestop in a location in Atlanta and I am not sure if we have copies yet or not. The official release date is the 4th but when I checked the systems it said the fifth and I do know that most GS don't generally get shipments until Tuesday but we did get the pre order artbooks(took mine home on friday) so I am just gonna call my boss and Monday and see if we have ours.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are going for around $100.
This is the first FE that's been offered digitally afaik though. Prices rose a lot for previous games because having the disc/cart was the only way to play them legally. As an indicator, for games like xenogears and other ps1 games, prices for physical copies dropped like a bomb after they were made available on PSN.

If you're lucky you can get them used much cheaper. PoR I got scratched up, sans-booklet but playable for $3 at a thrift store, and RD in "Like New" condition for ~$38 at a local GameStop.

On eBay/amazon/half.com they do tend to go for a premium and I wouldn't be surprised if that goes up with the release of Awakening.

Eusis

Doesn't seem like it's doing quite as well as Ni No Kuni, but I imagine the combination of reported stock issues weeks in advance and the digital out being MUCH more reasonable to deal with (cheaper storage, smaller game size) made most people go elsewhere.

Artemisia

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202013-02-04%20at%204.42.09%20AM.png

slaying!!!!!

This is why Nintendo making games available on the eshop will be great for people who get a 3DS late, or after the end of its run. People won't have to go on a hunt for games, and won't have to deal with exorbitant prices.

This is why Nintendo making games available on the eshop will be great for people who get a 3DS late, or after the end of its run. People won't have to go on a hunt for games, and won't have to deal with exorbitant prices.

Hopefully Nintendo will also fix their busted account system. I'm sure there are many like me who refuse to purchase Nintendo digital because of their arcane refusal to join the modern age.

Codeblue

Do people putting it into their carts for when it's available still count? I'd imagine many people frustrated by the epic fail at retailers might be looking to Amazon as a fallback.

Amazon still lets you order even though it's sold out. They just tell you they'll ship it when the next batch comes in.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gamestops should be opening across the east coast shortly :p I guess it's a fruitless hope that they will be in today, in any store?

I'm still going by what my store told me... which is that they expected them by monday. But I was told this Friday, so...

They open in 3.5 hours. I'll be checking. If nothing else I can hopefully get my art book.

Gamestops should be opening across the east coast shortly :p I guess it's a fruitless hope that they will be in today, in any store?

I'm still going by what my store told me... which is that they expected them by monday. But I was told this Friday, so...

They open in 3.5 hours. I'll be checking. If nothing else I can hopefully get my art book.
Gamestops don't get their shipment until 11:30 at the earliest. Even then they're not going to know what's in the shipment until they process it. Calling when they open isn't going to help. Wait until after noon and by then they should know if it has arrived.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gamestops don't get their shipment until 11:30 at the earliest. Even then they're not going to know what's in the shipment until they process it. Calling when they open isn't going to help. Wait until after noon and by then they should know if it has arrived.

But do they receive shipments daily? I was told it was coming SUNDAY to be sold by monday. They even thought it could arrive on Friday, but I was too busy to check in. I should have called them yesterday. I'm not expecting them to have it. Don't want to get my hopes up.

jwhit28

I bought exactly $40 worth of eshop cards with some Bestbuy gift cards. I somehow never noticed the sales tax until now.

But do they receive shipments daily? I was told it was coming SUNDAY to be sold by monday. They even thought it could arrive on Friday, but I was too busy to check in. I should have called them yesterday. I'm not expecting them to have it. Don't want to get my hopes up.

No one delivers on Sunday. Gamestop gets deliveries M-F, so if they're getting it in today it won't be until 11-12.

In very rare cases they can get a Saturday delivery, but never Sunday. The earliest it could possibly arrive at the store is today. So not until after noon.

Physical copy or BUST! The next few days are going to be rough. I have a slight advantage as I work retail, I'll know as soon as we get our shipment in.

Velcro Fly

Going to go out in a little bit and while I'm out I'll stop off at a few places to check around. Otherwise I'm probably waiting until Wednesday or Thursday. Really sucks that it seems there are shipping problems and maybe even a small print run but hey if it sells well hopefully Nintendo realizes that we want Fire Emblem here in the Americas. If I can't get it I guess I just work on my Four in February games instead. Not going digital with Nintendo's archaic online practices.

Makonero

Since I'm living in the UK for the time being, I praise God for the eShop! My US 3DS can download games perfectly fine! WOO!

Now back to my previously scheduled Fire Emblem.

Maybe in your area, my store gets their UPS drop off at 930am.

entremet

Why is this happening? Nintendo does large print runs for the most part. They no small publisher. So weird. And a Monday street date. What?

GringoJB

Just called my GS just to see what they'd say. She was aware of the delay and definitely didn't have them on hand right now, but she also said that she didn't see that there was a "quantity in transit" in her system. So, she ended up just telling me to expect it to come in "sometime this week". Ugh...

Top Bottom