• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Why is this happening? Nintendo does large print runs for the most part. They no small publisher. So weird.
Yeah, and usually they're great about street dates. Not just the A-tier sellers like Mario and Pokemon, even stuff like Rhythm Heaven and Layton generally come to retailers in a shipping box clearly marked with the street date, a good week before said date.

The most cursory bit of buzz-monitoring should have told Nintendo that FEA has a comparative tsunami of hype for a B-tier title, yet it's the one title they fail to live up to their own standards on getting into stores on time? Very disappointing. Heads should roll.

Shadow780

I hate you.

Do you love me if I said I'm not gonna play it until NoA has a decent colored 3DSXL?

wEvlSMD.gif

A few Target stores in Michigan are reporting it's in-stock FYI. Don't think I'll be able to make it if continues to snow as bad as it did this morning, though...

Boyfriend just got back from Nintendo World with the special edition 3ds bundle.

Can't believe demand for this game is so high. Is the multiplayer any good or does it feel kind of tacked-on?

zroid

Banned
No online multiplayer that I know of. From what I understand, the StreetPass features are a lot more compelling than the local multiplayer.

So my local mom and pop has it but the gamestop where I preordered doesn't seem to, oh well, I guess no artbook for me (maybe ill buy it from gs once they get it in and just return it so I can get the artbook...)

zroid

Banned
Asynchronous multi seems perfect for the 3DS, since that's basically how SpotPass works already. I dunno why they haven't pushed for it.

Maybe in your area, my store gets their UPS drop off at 930am.
Lucky you. I worked at GS for about 6 years and never have stores in RI gotten their shipments prior to 10:30. Take into account processing the shipment and they're not going to know until 11:30-12.

GameStop.com shows no stock within 100 miles of my location.
The online checker shows stock as of 8am that day. So it pretty much shows what's in stock as of the store closing the day before. Can't use that to check anything arriving today.

Iorv3th

GameStop.com shows no stock within 100 miles of my location.

It wouldn't show up until they closed the registers today. They have to receive them and check them into their systems and then the online polling happens at close for inventory.

Jamix012

I'm really wanting to beleive this game is as much a smash hit as the "sold out" signs in literally everystore 100 miles from my location is suggesting but something just tells me they shipped a petty amount.

ultron87

My local Best Buy (in Cincinnati) showed it as in stock so I ordered for in-store pickup a bit ago. I just got the email saying it was ready to pick up so I'll be heading out at lunch to get it. Hopefully yay!

Ryuukan

So my local mom and pop has it but the gamestop where I preordered doesn't seem to, oh well, I guess no artbook for me (maybe ill buy it from gs once they get it in and just return it so I can get the artbook...)

How would you keep the artbook if you're returning it to gamestop?

Jarate

Banned
gamestop didn't get it today so I just ended up moving all my money to Rayman Legends and buying off the e-shop

D/l is taking way too long, I want this game NOW!! lol

My local Best Buy (in Cincinnati) showed it as in stock so I ordered for in-store pickup a bit ago. I just got the email saying it was ready to pick up so I'll be heading out at lunch to get it. Hopefully yay!

I got the same e-mail, but my Best Buy didn't actually get it. So, just a heads up.

Jawmuncher

How would you keep the artbook if you're returning it to gamestop?

He picks it up and later that day just returns an unopened copy.
Plenty of people here on GAF have done that sort of thing before, they won't ask for the Preorder Bonus back.

GringoJB

So here's a GS question of mine that might be relevant for this thread: Any GS folk know what triggers the text that I get that says "Your preorder of game X will be ready for pickup tomorrow AM"? Is that tied into the shipping/inventory system and everything just kinda automatically works? Just curious...

twelver

Just called my local Target. They have it in stock, it is out on display, but they cannot sell it until Wednesday....... why...

ohhh, you mean scamming. I got it

I don't really see what is scamming about it, gamestop gets them based on preorders, so technically one is pretty much "mine" since I preordered. It's not like I'm one of those guys who walks in and gets one without preordering because their friend works there or whatever

Beelzebub

So here's a GS question of mine that might be relevant for this thread: Any GS folk know what triggers the text that I get that says "Your preorder of game X will be ready for pickup tomorrow AM"? Is that tied into the shipping/inventory system and everything just kinda automatically works? Just curious...

My store told me they would be actually calling each pre order customer personally due to it coming late

Ryuukan

I don't really see what is scamming about it, gamestop gets them based on preorders, so technically one is pretty much "mine" since I preordered. It's not like I'm one of those guys who walks in and gets one without preordering because their friend works there or whatever

It's always a good rationalization when you have to end it with "I'm better scum than those scum"

What the hell is going on with this game?

So far I haven't heard a peep from my Best Buy. I was just going to go there straight after work but I guess now I should call first.

Ok i just called 4 different gamestops in the nyc area.One in Brooklyn told me they're getting it Friday,the other one in Brooklyn told me they don't know when they'll get it.One in the Bronx told me they don't know and the other in the Bronx told between tomorrow and Friday.

Struct09

What the hell is going on with this game?

So far I haven't heard a peep from my Best Buy. I was just going to go there straight after work but I guess now I should call first.

It's your standard Nintendo non street-dated release, which always seems to trip people up. It was shipped/released to retailers today, and while some will be lucky and get it today most will have it tomorrow.

So Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon are all delayed? Is that accurate?

It's your standard Nintendo non street-dated release, which always seems to trip people up. It was shipped/released to retailers today, and while some will be lucky and get it today most will have it tomorrow.
I hope so! What do you mean non-street dated release? Like any retailer who got it in early could have sold it early?

zroid

Banned
It's always a good rationalization when you have to end it with "I'm better scum than those scum"

¯\(°_o)/¯ It may be shady, but to be honest, you don't need to justify it. If Gamestop wanted to keep inventory of physical pre-order bonuses and slap them on the receipt so you can't return the game without the freebie, they have that option.

As it stands, they evidently don't really care one way or another.

Effect

Why didn't they just release the game on Sunday like they normally do? This way retailers would have had it shipped to them all last week in preparation for the weekend release. Whenever they do a non-Sunday release something always goes wrong. I seem to recall there being issues the last time they did this but can't remember what game it was.

Why didn't they just release the game on Sunday like they normally do? This way retailers would have had it shipped to them all last week in preparation for the weekend release. Whenever they do a non-Sunday release something always goes wrong. I seem to recall there being issues the last time they did this but can't remember what game it was.

Probably because of the Superbowl.

kunonabi

Walmart didn't have it when I went yesterday but now the website says they have it in stock. Time to get walking.

Top Bottom