• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem (Wii) New Screens

creamsugar

Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami
02/22/07

15971_n20070118_13_fe_01.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_02.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_03.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_04.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_05.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_06.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_07.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_08.jpg

15971_n20070118_13_fe_09.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wanna play this game... but I don't wanna buy a Wii... damn you Nintendo for putting this Gamecube game on Wii.

No.1

Looks good, but I feel somewhat hard pressed by thinking that the Wii is surely capable of much more (graphically). I love me some Fire Emblem though, so as long as the game holds up well with the GBA games, day one purchase.

Deku

Banned
FE games have never been graphically impressive and IS is really behind the times when it comes to even exploiting GameCube's hardware capabilities/ But this does looks like a GameCube game pressed into service for the Wii.

AniHawk

I hope the turnaround time on the translation is relatively quick. Historically, it has taken around 6 months or so to bring a FE from Japan to the US, and it'd be nice to have by summer instead of fall.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Deku said:
FE games have never been graphically impressive and IS is really behind the times when it comes to even exploiting GameCube's hardware capabilities/ But this does looks like a GameCube game pressed into service for the Wii.
15971_n20070118_13_fe_05.jpg

Captain N

This game is looking really nice and i'm pretty sure this will be mine as soon as it's released in Japan. I'm really bad about waiting for games.

duckroll

Well people wanted to know if there would be games that used the GC controller and didn't rely on any waggle at all and just used the stronger Wii hardware. So now when such a game exists I don't expect any backpeddling. It uses the exact same control scheme as the GC FE if you have a GC controller plugged in, is that a bad thing now?

The game runs at 60fps, and has better models than the GC Fire Emblem. It also has a tutorial mode, and Normal, Hard and Maniac difficulty options. There are twice as many movies as the GC FE as well. Fans should be more than happy. Not to mention they've also finally decided to introduce true 3D terrain in the game with differences in terrain height accounting into attacks.

Zweisy1

Intelligent Systems have never been a graphical powerhouse, especially when it comes to 3D graphics. Their games usually have nice art though.

The game looks amazing. Can't wait... hopefully it's as good as Path of Radiance.

Pellham

Banned
duckroll said:
Well people wanted to know if there would be games that used the GC controller and didn't rely on any waggle at all and just used the stronger Wii hardware. So now when such a game exists I don't expect any backpeddling. It uses the exact same control scheme as the GC FE if you have a GC controller plugged in, is that a bad thing now?

The game runs at 60fps, and has better models than the GC Fire Emblem. It also has a tutorial mode, and Normal, Hard and Maniac difficulty options. There are twice as many movies as the GC FE as well. Fans should be more than happy. Not to mention they've also finally decided to introduce true 3D terrain in the game with differences in terrain height accounting into attacks.

so does it include PoR? (like the 2ch rumors were saying)

I was hoping FE10 would have Wiimote pointer support. Oh well, I have a Classic Controller and 3 GC pads, it's not like it matters.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Why is there the Gamecube HUD on that user interface map?

Oh My God. Let's hope IS makes profit of the Wiimote!

Ninja Dom

Deku said:

Intelligent Systems shouldn't be behind the times, they wrote and developed a lot of the Nintendo Gamecube progaramming libraries.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Can't wait. Now hopefully they'll make the Laguz worth using - well, at least I didn't particularly liked their phases.

The music in PoR is super awesome; hopefully this one will retain the same quality :p

Pellham

Banned
Deku said:

You must not have played Seisen no Kiefu or Thracia 776. They had some of the best graphics on the super famicom.

And what Wii game doesn't look like a Gamecube game? They have the same specs except for extra RAM and bloom on the Wii.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Let's not ****ing derail this thread into a Wii = GameCube+ discussion. This is about FIIIIIRRREEE EEEEMMMBBBLEEEEEEM!

Tempy said:
The music in PoR is super awesome; hopefully this one will retain the same quality :p
Full orchestral soundtrack please IS. You have 8.5GB of room to fill up, you might as well make it all Yuka Tsujiyoko DPLII orchetral music.

tanasten

Mr. Pointy said:
Full orchestral soundtrack please IS. You have 8.5GB of room to fill up, you might as well make it all Yuka Tsujiyoko DPLII orchetral music.

As far as the soundtrack ends being as half as good that Path of Radiance's soundtrack, I would be happy.

BTW, Who said nothing about the content and about the 40 or 50 hours of gameplay? That would meka sense and that would explain they aren't making a new engine for the Wii.

if (Making use of Cube engines == improved content for Wii games)

Cout << "Holy****ingshit for the modafaka win"

I just hope that the game isn't being overcomed with plenty of animations. Twilight Princess exceed of animations hurted my feelings.

AniHawk

tanasten said:
As far as the soundtrack ends being as half as good that Path of Radiance's soundtrack, I would be happy.

BTW, Who said nothing about the content and about the 40 or 50 hours of gameplay? That would meka sense and that would explain they aren't making a new engine for the Wii.

Uh, it's probably that big because it will have Path of Radiance as part of the full game, or so the Germans would have you believe.

NotWii

Banned
tanasten said:

printf("Where's your ****ing semi colons?!\n");

:p

Also the engine was vastly improved from POR at Nintendo's December events

tanasten

Wii said:
printf("Where's your ****ing semi colons?!\n");

:p

Also the engine was vastly improved from POR at Nintendo's December events

Mainly because the extra ram, but isn't improved on the output or the geomatry. BTW, doesn't care at all. I am into FE since 1992 (bought imported Monshuo no Nazo) and it's my favorite game series, over Zelda, over Metroid, over Final Fantasy, over my mother.

I just want the funfastic gameplay that the FE series have, and the excellent characters, plenty of beautiful girls

P.S: Oh shit. My C++ knowledge is dying. Should practice a bit.

Top Bottom