• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox fucked me over

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So I'm browsing the internet, doing nothing special, and I close my browser and go to the kitchen for some food. I come back, click on Firefox, and get this page:

https://update.mozilla.org/critical/firefox/2004-10-01.html

..and everything about my Firefox browser is reset like it was just installed, INCLUDING MY FUCKING BOOKMARKS. All my bookmarks are gone, and I don't know where they are. What in the FUCK happened?

Anthropic

I bet your profile is still there, you may just have to find it...

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/#profilefolder

Firefox stores your user data in one of the following locations:

Windows 2000, XP: Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Windows NT: WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Windows 98, ME: Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox
Linux and Unix systems: ~/.mozilla/firefox

demon

No. I'm on XP; there is no Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox directory, or a Application Data directory for that matter.

demon

I love you all. I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Firefox. You forgive me baby?

demon

Just make sure every once in a while you copy your profile folder and save it somewhere, I guess.

demi

God's Hand said:
I'll just stick with IE, where I've never had a single virus or spyware incident since I started using 3.0.

randy_savage.jpg

Keep the faith, brother. OH YEAHHHH

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
God's Hand said:
I'll just stick with IE, where I've never had a single virus or spyware incident since I started using 3.0.

wait.. not a single one? Not even a tracking cookie? I find that hard to believe.

lexi

Banned
God's Hand said:

Me 2 dooderz, I don't even need antivirus software!

fallout

StoOgE said:
wait.. not a single one? Not even a tracking cookie? I find that hard to believe.
Well, he did say "incident".

No system is 100% secure, no matter how paranoid you are. Remember viruses spread by floppies?

Backing up stuff is always a good idea, no matter what system you're running, what program you're using. There will be bugs, viruses, hardware failures, non-protective tin foil hats, etc. Mind you, everyone learns that the hard way (I did .. and I'm still bad about backing up shit), but it's good to remind everyone (and yourself) from time to time.

Che

Banned
If you have problems with firefox and since the damn thing will take months to update, use Opera 8 beta1 (it's beta but doesn't look beta - haven't had a single problem with it yet). I'd rather have a castration than use IE again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom