• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first Call of Duty 3 footage on 1upshow

Core407

Banned
Amir0x said:
sure does!

If only BIA had the gameplay of COD. :lol Seriously though, the BIA series is pretty trash from a gameplay standpoint. Hopefully this one fixes all the issues the game had and expands on the combat.

Amir0x

Banned
Core407 said:
If only BIA had the gameplay of COD. :lol Seriously though, the BIA series is pretty trash from a gameplay standpoint. Hopefully this one fixes all the issues the game had and expands on the combat.

oh gosh i can't agree with this sorry. I think BiA gameplay trashes CoD, but they are different types of gameplay focus so I can definitely see the appeal CoD would have to some people over BiA

This looks OK, but I'm much more pumped for the BiA game that seems to keep fluctuating in release date from 2006 to 2007. Unless CoD 3 is garbage though, which I highly doubt, I'll get it, I liked Big Red One and CoD2 360 last year.

reaver18

Saw the video. Looks like shit compared to COD2, and it looks like flaming dog shit compared to BIA.

It might just be the video, but the graphics look cartooney and not next gen at all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's also the PS3 version, seems like. "X" button.

Framerate doesnt appear like a smooth 60 FPS

Russ

Banned
Wario64 said:
It's also the PS3 version, seems like. "X" button.

Framerate doesnt appear like a smooth 60 FPS

So the $600 version looks like pee & poo?

peepoo2ly.jpg

Foil

Almost everything I've seen of COD3 looks worse than COD2. Not liking the sounds of the campaign either. I hope it has the visual variety that 2 had atleast.

I have zero faith in Treyarch, hopefully it turns out well, but I doubt it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Russ said:
So the $600 version looks like pee & poo?

Looks like COD2 to me really. Framerate will probably go up later on in but if it's below 60 FPS, **** Treyarch

They also got some "QTE" style events. They showed a part where you're struggling with another solder (kind of like in the trailer), and you have to tap R1/L1 buttons then hit him or whatever.

1Up is gonna cover COD3 all next week with more footage

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CoD2 was (realistically) below 60 FPS. It's early though.

PS3 version is supposed to have more "light sources." Whatever that means.

I was not impressed.

fartblast

Banned
oh who cares about cod3 sucking

cod2 was awesome but it's really the last WW2 shooter i'll ever want to play besides DoD:S, the ww2 genre needs to die

Y2Kev

I can't understand anything with regards to WoW.

So many terms that are specific to that type of game...

Mrbob

Luke, you need to create a WoW for dummies tranlsation when you talk about the game. I had no idea what the hell you were saying half the time! :lol

Prey is awesome. Call of Dookie 3 looks bleh. Infinity Ward FO LYFE. Accept no substitutes. This game should not be called Call of Duty 3.

Mrbob said:
Luke, you need to create a WoW for dummies tranlsation when you talk about the game. I had no idea what the hell you were saying half the time! :lol

Prey is awesome. Call of Dookie 3 looks bleh. Infinity Ward FO LYFE. Accept no substitutes. This game should not be called Call of Duty 3.

I agree, they are ruining the COD franchise

Y2Kev

Well, it looks better than CoD2 I think. Slightly.

GH2 looks so unbelievable. I need to get a second guitar.

But they ARE doing some stuff I like:

--giving soldiers personalities and actual like...staying power.
--crossover campaigns
--Campaign missions that actually influence each other

Sort of OT, but why are people so down on Big Red One? Sure it wasn't next-gen but it is very similar to CoD2 otherwise. I think the end mission of BRO sure is a hell of a lot better than the anticlimax in CoD2. Overall CoD2 is a better game, but I think BRO is very solid as well.

Y2Kev

Luckyman said:

I dunno, from EGM:

"The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty 3 will look about the same, allthough the PS3 game will have more light sources and other touches. All screens are from the Xbox 360 unless otherwise noted."

GitarooMan said:
Sort of OT, but why are people so down on Big Red One? Sure it wasn't next-gen but it is very similar to CoD2 otherwise. I think the end mission of BRO sure is a hell of a lot better than the anticlimax in CoD2. Overall CoD2 is a better game, but I think BRO is very solid as well.

Up until IW fixed the shit-tay MP in COD2, COD: BRO had better multiplayer, too. I like BRO. It had a decent storyline, good voice acting, and there was a lot of stuff going on in the background to give it a chaotic war feeling. I'll buy COD3. Everyone can kiss IW's ass all they want, but at least Treyarch gets their multiplayer right straight out of the box, and you probably won't have to "glitch" it for four months to access any kind of custom match.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wax Free Vanilla said:
"Y" popped up too - so this video footage is from the inferior version of COD 3 :)

Ah, the QTE event is from the X360 version. I noticed it said RT/LT, not R1/L1. But most of the footage in the video is from the PS3 version

Zaptruder said:
You realise the MS also uses X right?

Hell, Nintendo use X too.

You do notice that the X button appears different on both Xbox and PS controllers? In the video, the X button resembles the PS controller's X button

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks very much like the Dual Shock's X button

Amir0x

Banned
Luckyman said:
Holy shit.

PS3 launch title being the superior version... that was a suprise.

that doesn't make much sense fyi. it'd make more sense that they would be able to fit more things into 360, being as the company developed a Call of Duty title for it already, and had way more time on the dev kits for the system, and are already used to multiplatform development... then the other way around :p

Top Bottom