• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first Call of Duty 3 footage on 1upshow

Phoenix

I'm not really feeling much love for CoD3. I really enjoyed the first one, didn't like the second as much - and the third looks kinda bland. From a historical perspective they are taking a nice piece of history though. Its unfortunate that the first game actually ended with the storming of Hitlers stronghold in Germany. For me the game feels 'over' already :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I think it looked somewhat better than CoD2. Even that tank explosion looks improved (I really liked that explosion - Insomniac should watch and learn).

Dante

The 360 has a blue x button silly. Not like this game will have any noticible differences between the two anyways, maybe some HD cut scenes.

GuessWho

Wario64 said:
PS3?
snapshot200606301419077rd.jpg

how is that ps3 version?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ManaByte said:
Uh, no it isn't. The 360 buttons aren't black.
Later on they show the Y button that has that exact same font. Looks like the Xbox X and Y to me (X button background also looks dark bluish/purplish, not black).

keanerie

Can't say I'm too keen on COD3, just isn't making me fly out of my seat. Too many FPSes in one show, but the little bit w/ Luke, Karen and Skip saved the whole episode for me. :D

Amir0x said:
that doesn't make much sense fyi. it'd make more sense that they would be able to fit more things into 360, being as the company developed a Call of Duty title for it already, and had way more time on the dev kits for the system, and are already used to multiplatform development... then the other way around :p

Um, isnt Treyarch working on this (not Infinity Ward)? And isnt it their first "next-gen" game with either kit?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
im pretty much the dudes playin GH2. who ****ing cares about call of duty i just wanna rock out.

Amir0x

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Um, isnt Treyarch working on this (not Infinity Ward)? And isnt it their first "next-gen" game with either kit?

they have access to ALL assets from Call of Duty 2, they're even using the same engine just modified. It stands to reason they'd be able to push a lot more for Xbox 360 kits they've been around for a while, to just now final PS3 kits which everyone - from Infinity Ward to Treyarch - would be getting used to for the first time.

So yeah, logically, the "extra light sources" would be on the more established system with essentially equivalent power, not on the PS3. Not that it matters, this game will suck with or without extra light sources!

Marconelly said:
Later on they show the Y button that has that exact same font. Looks like the Xbox X and Y to me (X button background also looks dark bluish/purplish, not black).

Can you screen-cap it? I didn't download the 640x360 version so if I screen-cap it the quality is pretty bad.

Amir0x said:
they have access to ALL assets from Call of Duty 2, they're even using the same engine just modified.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I thought I remembered reading Big Red One had its own proprietary engine for the consoles (seperate from IW's QIII derivative), so I wasnt sure if they'd be going the same route or not.

And yeah, no IW, no sale.

bengraven

It's definitely the 360 version. That X button is blueish and the yellow Y comes up later. Plus, they talk to Treyarch about what it's like to make another CoD for the 360.

That said, it's actually remarkably smooth, but I can't get excited for this. Maybe it's because of Treyarch or maybe it's because once you've played one WWII game, you've really played them all barring some improvements. This game looks like a slightly prettier CoD2, so I say "who cares".

squicken

That looked more like a port 'em up of Big Red One than a sequel to CoD 2. Is there a PS2/XBOX version planned for the game? What's the lead platform?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sp0rsk said:
im pretty much the dudes playin GH2. who ****ing cares about call of duty i just wanna rock out.

It's good to finally see 2 people playing GH2 that don't suck. The Gamespot dude that was playing it during Gamespot's E3 coverage was so painful to watch

ram

because the gamevideos website is so ****ing slow and shitty, heres the call of duty 3 video on youtube.

edited as per request.

Akia

mckmas8808 said:
Best 1Up show in weeks. 1Up show is BACK!!!

I liked the camerawork (less static the better). The games were all good. More camera pans (like in the beginning where the camera passed shane and goes to Luke) are welcome. It makes the office seem more alive. Also Luke bashing into the cubicle to talk to karen and skip was nice.

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
they have access to ALL assets from Call of Duty 2, they're even using the same engine just modified. It stands to reason they'd be able to push a lot more for Xbox 360 kits they've been around for a while, to just now final PS3 kits which everyone - from Infinity Ward to Treyarch - would be getting used to for the first time.

So yeah, logically, the "extra light sources" would be on the more established system with essentially equivalent power, not on the PS3. Not that it matters, this game will suck with or without extra light sources!

Naw it'll be a good game. Like all Treyarch games, the game will be boringly above average with some glaring flaws, which doesn't cut it for me to play another WW2 game.

ThirdEye

Wario64 said:
Ah, the QTE event is from the X360 version. I noticed it said RT/LT, not R1/L1. But most of the footage in the video is from the PS3 version

You do notice that the X button appears different on both Xbox and PS controllers? In the video, the X button resembles the PS controller's X button

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks very much like the Dual Shock's X button
You are pathetic :)

EGM92

Great episode this week, it's getting back to it's normal 1UP show quality. The WoW bit was a bit long... or maybe it was just me as I didn't understand anything that they were speaking about :p Guitar Hero 2 looks nice.

As for Prey... I'll pass but it looks better then that disaster called Quake4.

Call of Duty 3 looks pretty good, but it still needs some serious texture work on floors and buildings. The modeling part was pretty cool, I hope they do that with a lot of their games so that all characters look unique.

Top Bottom