• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first Call of Duty 3 footage on 1upshow

NotWii

Banned
Phoenix said:
I'm not really feeling much love for CoD3. I really enjoyed the first one, didn't like the second as much - and the third looks kinda bland. From a historical perspective they are taking a nice piece of history though. Its unfortunate that the first game actually ended with the storming of Hitlers stronghold in Germany. For me the game feels 'over' already :)
Yeah, right now the leftover scenarios are getting put into COD games.
Maybe they should consider updating some of COD/COD:UO's missions with the new engine.
Namely B29 FORTRESS, STALINGRAD and BERLIN

Anyanka

Eel O'Brian said:
I like BRO. It had a decent storyline, good voice acting, and there was a lot of stuff going on in the background to give it a chaotic war feeling.

I agree. Big Red One was one of the best at getting down the cinematic feeling. You actually knew the characters and they somewhat hid the linear levels with so much scripted stuff going on. I actually think I liked it as much or maybe more than 2 just for the atmosphere. COD2's gameplay with the design of BRO sounds great.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Some of the detail sounds nice on paper ("grass remains flattened when you walk on it", "bullets affect smoke"), but this video ain't really looking too hot. I'm hoping the end product will be improved, because it looks like it'll be the only WWII franchise hitting this Xmas :/

(BTW, I thought of DualShake as soon as I saw that "shake off the enemy lt/rt" bit ;))

Oh, and I'm sure YellowAce will be pleased to hear about "the superior PS3 version" :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm not impressed by that COD3 either. Looks like they are still using a Quake3 derived engine on steroids.

Fifty

Awesome show this week. Luke has taken over the 1up show! It was all good..my only complaint being that as someone who doesn't play WoW, the piece on it was pretty much gibberish. Still...good games, and all of the impressions sounded geniune and not coming from a place of bad acting.

Top Bottom