• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Diablo IV gameplay (PC, PS4, X1). Come share your opinions.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Seems interesting but it's also a sign that the team behind it is trepidatious. They repeat some form of "we feel it’s important to stress that this is very early design" several times throughout the piece.

They aren't the confident and ballsy Blizzard that this game needs.

Some comments on their plans:

- raising total number of affixes will probably cause complaints. The correct choice should've been to add more Legendary affixes. Placing a heavier emphasis on stats will put an even heavier emphasis on skill choice, de-emphasizing gear.

- I like demonic, angelic, and ancestral power, as it standardizes something that once had to be an affix on gear. I also like how they "power up" gear. Stats that activate other stats are a neat part of crafting a build. On the flipside, it creates bottlenecks for certain builds.

- Attack only on weapons and Defense only on armor will create more build bottlenecks.

- Adding a one-time Legendary application could be interesting. They sound like those one-time-use Socket-cubes in D3. However, I can also see this diluting the value of Legendaries.

Top Bottom